Fridge in room at CR

lovemy3girls

Hi Everyone! How big are the fridges in the rooms at CR? I am hoping that they hold at least a 1/2 gallon of milk?.... Also, do I need to request one, or is it standard in every room? Hope someone can help me! Thanks!

slappy magoo

First of all, welcome to the forums.

Second of all, currently all WDW Moderate & Deluxe resorts (which would include CR) come with a minifridge. It's the "dorm-room" size you'd find at most hotels that would have a minibar. It's not the smallest fridge on the market, but it's, like, the next-to-smallest. :) You should be able to fit a half-gallon of milk in there with no problem, but to play it safe, get a half-gallon that's made of plastic with a screw cap, instead of the cardboard top you tear open...

EDIT

Check out the fridge on this page

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/ss122.jpg

It's from the Saratoga Springs resort (not CR) but I'm pretty sure the size of the fridge would be the same. Also, the CR will not have a microwave or small kitchen sink (Saratoga Springs resort is part of the Disney Vacation Club, their version of a time-share resort. There are no "rooms," they have studios with kitchenettes (like the pic) or larger units with full kitchens.

Upvote 0

lovemy3girls

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome, and for the quick replies! We are hoping to eat breakfast in the room most mornings, and use our free dining credits for lunch and dinner. Being able to keep milk in the room will help a lot! Does anyone know where I could pick up milk? Anywhere onsite? Thanks!

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

lovemy3girls said:
Does anyone know where I could pick up milk? Anywhere onsite? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the Hess stores on property will have 1/2 gallons of milk as most gas stations do. There are also many grocery stores in the area. I know there is one of just about everything on I-4.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

lovemy3girls said:
Does anyone know where I could pick up milk? Anywhere onsite? Thanks!

There are a few Hess stations on property.

But I think they have milk right at the Contemporary at Concourse Sundries and Spirits.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

lovemy3girls said:
Does anyone know where I could pick up milk? Anywhere onsite?

How are you getting to the resort from the airport?
When my wife and I go, we use Tiffany Towncar. When you use them, you have the option of stopping at a store (Walmart, etc...) before going to your resort.
Not only Tiff. TC, but I am sure all of the towncar services have it.

OR it may get expensive, but if I remember right, they sell pints of milk in the food court.

Upvote 0

lovemy3girls

Original Poster
We are driving down from NJ, so we will have our car the whole time. I think I will check the stores in the Contemporary, that will be the easiest. I don't mind if it costs a little bit more. We like to try not to have to drive once we get there. We will be in the car long enough! Thanks for the info, though!

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

I'm with you there

lovemy3girls said:
. We like to try not to have to drive once we get there. We will be in the car long enough! QUOTE]

One of the best parts about staying in an on-site resort is kissing my car good-bye for a whole week. Vacation from work, from housework, and from driving!

Upvote 0

eaptmck

Plan to buy your milk offsite, or maybe at the Hess's gas station. We bought onsite last time and it was $2.00 a pint. That adds up quickly for a family of four for cereal at breakfast.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom