Friday's Christmas Parade Taping

drp4video

I have to laugh because so many people in MK on Christmas Day think the parade is live. We were there last year on Christmas day and everyone was lining up really early. It poured during parade time, and it did not start on time, and eventually the parade was canceled. Everyone was very upset and they were all talking about how could disney cancel the parade??? It won't be on t.v. Most were shocked to find out it was filmed in advance.

peter11435

I went to MK last night around 6:00. They were not filming any more but the park was packed (75 minutes for PPF). The odd thing is that they took down the swags of garland over Main Street. I guess it was done for the filming but it seems odd to take down Christmas decorations when filming a Christmas parade.

PhilharMagician

We were there Friday morning and got to see Vanessa singing. I have pics and video of her performing. Unfortunatly I had something stuck in my eye and went to first aid to help wash it out and ended up at Centra Care for most of the day and then had to wear a eye patch till yesterday afternoon. Well at least I got to see about 20 minutes worth.:brick:

ct00000

Original Poster
I got there late Saturday and just as we walked into the MK Regis and Kelly were walking by to go on "their" stage to continue filming for the afternoon. They walked right in front of me, but I didn't expect it and didn't have time to get my camera out. Too bad. Kelly looked great and was wearing a green dress. Regis and Kelly hosted from the stage in Town Square right in front of the Train station (where the big tree usually is).

We filed in line to watch the parade, which surprisingly only had about 3 or 4 stops the entire time. Last year's parade stopped ALOT. I definitely think that the plan for this year's filming was much better and was very efficient. The Cheetah Girls were there (singing have a cheetalicious Christmas, no less) and of course, all of the regulars (toy soldiers, Mrs. Claus, and Santa himself). It was fun and still left a lot of time to go and do other things. Although the park was packed!! As a matter of fact, we went to all 4 parks for one thing or the other and they were all extremely busy.
Can't wait to see the finished parade on tv.

blackerbys17

Well, I was one of the parade extras yesterday too but I live in Miami and on my way there, one of my tires blew out so I got there 3 hours late!!! I was so upset and really doubted they would let me in on just my "audience" voucher being so late. Sure enough, they didn't. Well, luckily I took the receipt of the tire repair showing the time and date and I had my past guest room card from WL to show I am a loyal Disney customer. Not to mention my son was decked in his custom Chef Mickey overalls with his embroidered Mickey ears. Heck, my entire party was decked in Disney garb from head to toe. I explained that I was coming back in 2 weeks for the MVMCP so I didn't mind so much for myself but my mom and brother hadn't been in 7 years and my brother's girlfriend in at least 10 years. Well, it wasn't working. So I quitely told the guy at the gate that if they couldn't let us in I would be willing to buy tickets because I didn't want to disappoint my family but any discount they could give me would be greatly appreciated. The guy then asked the other people also trying to get in late if they would be willing to buy tickets and they said, "No, we've already seen Disney. I was just coming cause it was free." And they said it so rudely!

Well, the guy told us to go with this lady and that she would help us with the discount. I followed her and when we got to the other side of the gate she said, "Look, I know so and so said he would give you a discount but we are just going to let you in for free." Oh, how I cried! I couldn't believe their generosity because they didn't owe us anything. The tire thing was just an unfortunate event. Her name was Nicole and she is the sweetest, most compassionate CM I've ever met!

Does anyone know if I can find out if she's working the weekend of Dec.18? I'm going that day to MVMCP and I want to take her something personally as a token of my appreciation. If not, does anyone know how I can get her last name so I can mail her something? I just want to do something special for her. Like I said, her name is Nicole and she is a pretty blonde with green eyes. If anyone knows how to get something nice to her, please let me know. She made our day and we had a wondeful time! (Even if we didn't see the parade.) I got to see Wishes which believe it or not, I've never seen from the park before and I got to tape it too. My Mom's eyes were all lit up all night and even though I drove back the same night and didn't get home until 4 AM it was so worth it to see my family happy like that. They can't afford trips to Disney and it meant the world to me to share it with them.

Can't wait to see the parade on Xmas day and hopefully bump into Nicole at MVMCP!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
blackerbys17 said:
Does anyone know if I can find out if she's working the weekend of Dec.18? I'm going that day to MVMCP and I want to take her something personally as a token of my appreciation. If not, does anyone know how I can get her last name so I can mail her something? I just want to do something special for her.

CM's cannot accept any sort of gift. A letter is a good thing, but if getting you in for free was against someone higher-up's decision, it could also get her in trouble.

Blizz

ct00000 said:
Regis and Kelly were walking by to go on "their" stage to continue filming for the afternoon. They walked right in front of me, but I didn't expect it and didn't have time to get my camera out. Too bad. Kelly looked great and was wearing a green dress.
Well if you want a photo... next time your in South Jersey stop by my way. Kelly grew up just down the road from me, she is not well liked around here by the people who have known her. Saw her a week or so ago while she was home visiting her parents.

blackerbys17

MouserMerf, that is a good point. I didn't think about getting her into trouble. I do know that she is a supervisor so it was probably her decission that got us in but just in case, I am going to write a letter thanking her for her kind actions that day without being specific. I'll include a picture of the 5 of us at MK and she'll know who we were.

Thanks for that comment!

ct00000

Original Poster
Blizz said:
Well if you want a photo... next time your in South Jersey stop by my way. Kelly grew up just down the road from me, she is not well liked around here by the people who have known her. Saw her a week or so ago while she was home visiting her parents.

That's kind of what I expected regarding her. Is she just generally rude to people where she grew up or has her head swollen so much that she's inconsiderate to everyone? Of course, she comes across as very polite and kind while in the public eye.

blackerbys17

Awww, that sucks, I LOVE Lonestar so it would have been fun to be there yesterday. Was it as packed as Saturday was? (Assuming you were there on Sat.)

Since1976

I am shocked to read that the parade is not live!! Ok, well, not really...

I was at WDW on Easter Sunday back in 1990, and I distinctly remember seeing a television camera on a crane over the parade. Was that just for show (to get the crowd pumped about being on TV), or were WDW parade events broadcast live back then?

Cinderella Fan

My DH and I were there for the taping of the parade on Friday morning. We were a little be cool (the brrrr... kind)...:cool:

It was neat. We were in the front row in front of the castle, dead center... for the taping of Brian Setzer and John O'Hurley...we left after that.

It was something different for our trip, something we had never done before. While I can't say that I will do it again, I had a lot of fun....:xmas:

ct00000

Original Poster
It's always fun to do, and I always say that I won't go back next year, but somehow I end up there! Guess that's why I have season pass.....:)

WDWScottieBoy

Attachments

• web2005christmas_regis.jpg
    web2005christmas_regis.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 52

Blizz

ct00000 said:
That's kind of what I expected regarding her. Is she just generally rude to people where she grew up or has her head swollen so much that she's inconsiderate to everyone? Of course, she comes across as very polite and kind while in the public eye.

From people that went to school with her I was told she has been really ignorant to people since high school. She used to come back and do the little July 4th parade in Berlin because her father is invloved in politics here but she hasnt done that in a while (however when her father asked her to do a commerical for one of the local hospitals she came back). Most people around here that know her understand she is rude when the camera is off, but I guess some people are just that way to start. I must say since getting on Live her ego has grown even more.

Just a side note on where she lives... the diner scene in the film "Jersey Girl" was shot just a few blocks from her home in Berlin, NJ.

The photo of Regis is priceless... haha. He looks like he is going "who the he!! is calling my name this time?"

ct00000

Original Poster
Nope. Sorry to burst your bubble. I used to think the same thing too.

The really funny thing is that on the Regis and Kelly show yesterday, they said that they were at WDW for the weekend for "consultation" on the big Christmas Day parade on ABC. You could tell as you watched them that they were trying hard not to let on that they actually filmed it Sat. Kelly said that they "are planning" a special tribute to the soldiers in Iraq that "should be" very touching. Guess that one's been filmed already too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom