Friday's Announcements Predictions Thread!!

crazydaveh

I just hope it's not a repeat of the "big announcement" several years ago at the Happiest Celebration on Earth Presser. They announced the joint venture with Discovery Network and Everest show. People sitting in there were not amused at all. We knew about Everest, they gave us a sneak peak at the train and artist renderings that morning, but the announcement was a letdown for the last day and big announcement.

I just hope they unleash a lot of fun. After all, that's what it's all about isn't it?

Epcot82Guy

5% parks and 95% business, that's what they will be talking about...\

It's about the Walt Disney Company...

And WDW is only a small part of it... so don't get your hopes up too high...

Very true. While it is very fun to speculate new happenings, this is the point of the annual meeting. WDW may be getting any number of things, but that likely will come later on (when the company needs some publicity in a slower time).

RSoxNo1

What is SS? And will the DVC rooms at AK be on the Savannah? Any idea how much they'll run - I know nothing about the DVC, but I assume it's time sharing, and if they're going to be facing the Savannah, I'd be all for it.

kcnole

Also, is there any chance of that water show mentioned in the annual report being the replacement for Reflections of Earth?

It's my understanding that this is probably a new night show for DCA.

RSoxNo1

Withouth completely derailing an already derailed topic, I've looked over the DVC rules and regulations, but I would like a few things clarified. Say that I purchase 80 points at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, that would give me access to 80 point weeks that are available for that particular room that I purchased? Additionally, what are the annual fees for upkeep and things of that nature like?

PhilharMagician

What is SS? And will the DVC rooms at AK be on the Savannah? Any idea how much they'll run - I know nothing about the DVC, but I assume it's time sharing, and if they're going to be facing the Savannah, I'd be all for it.

I am guessing that points will be released at about $115.00 ea with a minimum purchase of 150 points for new members, so that is $17,250 minimum to buy in. Then you will be paying a high maintenance fee with the animals. At SSR I am paying about $4.12 per point for 2007. I bet AKL will be at least 50% more for it's maintenance.

RSoxNo1

I am guessing that points will be released at about $115.00 ea with a minimum purchase of 150 points for new members, so that is $17,250 minimum to buy in. Then you will be paying a high maintenance fee with the animals. At SSR I am paying about $4.12 per point for 2007. I bet AKL will be at least 50% more for it's maintenance.

Thanks for the info!

lenshanem

I thought the press conference was today? Will the announcements actually be on Friday?

I'm hoping they'll just go on ahead and annouce DVC Contemporary. How long can they possibly deny it?

bigwoowoo248

Just a crazy thought, I know it won't happen, but when is ToT 13th anniversary. I think it's coming up soon... how about a ToT 5?
I also heard a crazy rumour on Screamscape (*sigh* I know) that WDW may be receiving Rockin Space Mountain, bu from what I hear, it isn't as succcessfull as they hoped in DLR, so I doubt it will make tis way over to WDW.

The new space mountain(DL) is extreme, one of the best rides and very smooth.

chucknstuff

The renaming of PLUTO.

Since his STAR power is dismal to the other 8 Characters.

They are going to rename him DWARF CHARACTER PLUTO.

:brick: :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom