Friday 14th, WDW News, Ubdates, Rehabs and Rumors...

FLcastmember

Original Poster
ok, i have new info to share with you all, again nothing major to report, but just a few tidbits. Some I have mentioned before and some have been mentioned by others, but anyway, here we go.....

Mike, Jay and Al, the three most important people when it somes to WDW, as CEO, Pres. of Parks and Resorts, Pres of WDW, respectivly, recently rode Mission Space. This is the second time for Mike and Al, and the first for Jay. They all loved it and were very happy with its progress. Mike was quoted as saying it will be one of the top attractions in the world. This is good news, as if it sucked, we might have had long delays, like with Alien, as Mike hated that Version 1.0, and so it was made scarier. So I see this as a good thing......now we can only wait......and wait......wait....

Studio News

New logo on the hat will debute in time for Easter, the walls come down the 11th.

Great Movie Ride.....still saying an April 12th opening

Backlot....the canyon will get repainted as well as a rehab on the aging oil tanker soon, maybe after the Easter Crowds leave....this will cut the canyon part of the toar out for a brief time, but no word on when OR if this will happen.

FANTASMIC!

Steamboat is in need of a rehab, tentivily planed for April. No idea if this will effect the show or not or for how long.

Magic Kindom News....

The tracks on Main Street, where the horse drawn trolley rides, will be getting a much needed facelift soon. The work will be done at night, and as they have said that the Parades will NOT be affected, there shouldnt be any of the 4 foot walls in place. They were going to run a trackless horse drawn trolley instead, but have put those plans on hold till AFTER Easter. The AM trolley show will still take place, with the Double Decker Omni Bus as a replacement.

MORE FIREWORK TESTING at MK.......MARCH 19th from 10pm till 11:30 pm, MK will be testing FW from the top of the castle and the roofs of Lion King Threater and Snow White. Fueling the new FitS Fireworks show, this will be the 3rd test.

NO ERIDES FOR APRIL, not sure on May yet

Aunt Poly's on Tom Sawyers Island will be going Seasonal, and will be open for Easter weeks, then closed till summer.

Now here is a RUMOR.....Basin to move into the Magic Kindom....eather on Main Street or in the Closed Frointerland Trading Post. This is VERY UNCONFIRMED.

Construction under Monorail Beam inbetween the Grand Floridian and the MK, near the Canal. Anyone know anything about this small looking project???

Epcot News

looks like Epcot is going ahead with the 6pm closing of Future World. Infact, the only Attractions that used to close at 7pm, instead of 9pm were The Seas (resturant open till 8pm), The Land, Wonders of Life and UoEnergy. Now in addition to those Inovations (both east and west), JiYIw/Figment will be added to those allready closing early, AND instead of 7pm, its going to be 6pm. So, TT, Hista, SE will be all thats open after 6. (along with Mouse Gears and The Electric Umbrella)

Animal Kingdom News.....

they have placed those floating oil catcher things they use around constrution projects near water, in the area rumored for the new bridge and eride. But nothing other then that so far. Side note, this area IS big enough for one ride, but thats about it, so there will not be any new ''land'' going up around it.

Disney Institute is now the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. More demolation taking place now in the old outdoor theater area.

Downtown Disney News...

PI to have delayed openings agian for grad nights this year. April 25th and 26th and most likely the following weekend as well, PI will not open till 9:30pm on these nights

100 YoM logo on the Welcome to WDW signs at all 4 entrances to property, have been replaced by Minee Mouse, who was their prior to the 18 month long birthday party.

well folks, thats about all I got for this week....enjoy :)

CTXRover

Originally posted by FLcastmember

Studio News

New logo on the hat will debute in time for Easter, the walls come down the 11th.

Thanks for the great update!

In regard to the hat, do you (or anyone) know for sure what the new logo will be yet?

Oh, and its great to hear that Micheal, Al and Jay loved Mission Space. I would expect Michael to say only good things about it, but if he thought it was only "good" (and not fantastic) he wouldN'T have had to say it would be "one of the top attractions in the world" (in my opinion). Hopefully he's right and we will all get to ride it soon!

Quentin Disney

100 YoM logo on the Welcome to WDW signs at all 4 entrances to property, have been replaced by Minee Mouse, who was their prior to the 18 month long birthday party.

Hooray! Minnie is back where she BELONGS! The World Drive Main Gate still has the 100 YoM logo BTW.

stingrock23

Thanks for the update.

I think Jay Rasulo really cares about the parks, and it was good to see he and the others really enjoyed mission space. I think it's gonna be an amazing attraction.

Hopefully it will be open by October when i'm there.

cindy_k

Magic Kindom News....

Construction under Monorail Beam inbetween the Grand Floridian and the MK, near the Canal. Anyone know anything about this small looking project???

I saw that construction when I was down at the end of Feb. I asked the CM running the boat launch from the GF to MK. He said that it was a new dock for them at MK and they were constructing it there and they then would put it in place at MK when it was finished.

Here's a picture of the construction.

Have Fun!
Cindy in NY

Attachments

• dockconstruct.jpg
    dockconstruct.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 358

CAPTAIN HOOK

FANTASMIC!

Steamboat is in need of a rehab, tentivily planed for April. No idea if this will effect the show or not or for how long.
This had better be after the Easter crowds - It just wouldn't be the same if the steamboat was missing from the end of the show.

Once again - many thanks for the updates - keep 'em coming.

mstarfishee

Thanks for the updates FLcast!!! Can't wait to see the new logo on the hat at the Studios. Seems like so far away...November. Aaaah!:hammer: Well at least updates like yours give me something extra to look forward to! Thanks again!:lol:

wannabeBelle

Hey there!!! Thanks as always for the updates!! CAn I ask though, what is Basin?? Is that a store that was in Downtown Disney or something else?? Thanks!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: Belle

This is good news, as if it sucked, we might have had long delays, like with Alien, as Mike hated that Version 1.0, and so it was made scarier.

so they actually made it scarier. AWESOME. will eisner or anybody real bug ride it

johnmb

ONE QUESTION:

(but first, of course, thanks for the great and detailed info!)

Will TT, HISTA, and SE continue to stay open until 9:00 p.m., or will they close sometime after 6, but before 9?

Thanks!

kevlightyear

Awesome job, once again, FLcastmember!

A question about the hat in MGM. . . . . .The walls are coming down on the 11th, but won't we be able to see (at least the top half of it) the logo beforehand? I'm just so curious to see what it's gonna be. Thanks again!

Michael72688

johnmb- I think those attractions are staying open till 9, it would be really dumb if they werent! I cant wait to see the new logo, I'm really gonna miss the 100 YoM one, it was really cool, and lets hope that the oil things are getting ready for a new ride! oh yea btw thanks for the update

FLcastmember

Original Poster
your all welcome.....

1. Basin is the new ''bath and body works'' type store located next to World of Disney.

2. SE, TT, HISTA, M:S (obviously) Mouse Gear, Electric Umbrella will remain open till 9pm. Coral Reef till 8pm. Everything else will close at 7pm, for now and will become 6pm soon.

3. That GF boat dock construction is very interesting, thanks....:)

Bagheera

As far as the steamboat in Fantasmic, if they have to do without it for a while, they'll probably do the same thing that they do in California when the steamboat is down (as it was when we were there in May 2001). All of the characters usually on the steamboat will be waving streamers/pom-poms/their arms on the island. Not nearly as fun as the steamboat, but at least it's something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom