Free Upgrade!!!

panther726

So we booked Pop Century July 9-11 because we're planning to visit the water parks for the first time! Well, we received an email this evening offering a free upgrade to any moderate resort or Saratoga Springs or Old Key West. For the price of $167 a night, we got a 1-bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs! Finally, going to Disney World year after year pays off!:lol: Has anyone else received deals similar to this?

SleepingMonk

Do people really pay $170 for a value room?

Pricing has always been:

Value - $90
Moderate - $150
Deluxe - $250+

You can book the Swan & Dolphin for $170 a night or less most of the year, why would anyone pay that for a WDW value room?

Upvote 0

Doug7856

Pricing has always been:

Value - $90
Moderate - $150
Deluxe - $250+

You can book the Swan & Dolphin for $170 a night or less most of the year, why would anyone pay that for a WDW value room?

I wanted to add a night to our DVC trip at Pop in July and that's the rack rate! Shocking! I booked the Holiday Inn at $45 for that extra night.

Upvote 0

paul436

Pricing has always been:

Value - $90
Moderate - $150
Deluxe - $250+

I got "stuck" in WDW this past Xmas due to the severe snow storm in the northeast. Staying at AS Sports we had to pay $144 per night for the 4 additional nights we had to stay. I'm thinking that is the "full rack rate". I've never paid that much because we always got a package deal.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Pricing has always been:

Value - $90
Moderate - $150
Deluxe - $250+

That is around rack rate for peak and holiday season.

Upvote 0

WeLoveTheMouse

Full standard rack rate for POP is $124/144(weekends). Preferred is like $10 more. With tax that'd be $167/night for the OP's trip.

Anyway, why are we all critiquing how much the OP paid for POP? It's really none of our business. If you have to go during the summer(as I do), then sometimes you pay more.

Congrats on the upgrade, OP! We are staying at POP in August, I would love that upgrade and would use it for POR I think!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Who pays rack these days?:eek:
You would be surprised at how many people call or book online at rack rate and never think twice about it. Also if you are particular about when you go and where you are staying there is the possibility that no discounts will be available. I had clients insisting on a tower room, MK view at the Contemporary in December last year and there were simply no promotions on that room for their dates. They could have moved to the Poly or GF at a discount but insisted on the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

Gregger

I got the same deal 2 yrs ago and it cost nothing....but it was for a studio but panther said villa so maybe that's why there is additional costs...:shrug:

Upvote 0

cinderellafan6

WOW!! Thats alot of money for a value resort. Im glad they got the upgrade cause I wouldnt pay that much money. But then again I am a Fl resident and have never paid over $120 a night with tax.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom