Free Free Free dining plan is back and info!

Jerm

Look what I just got in my e-mail! Thank Walt I am going to miss it by about 2 weeks, so everyone that was planning on going the first week of Aug push back to the end of Aug now!!!! But have fun all you that have to go during this time! It looks like they cut back on the time it is avaliable????

The Free Disney Dining Plan Offer Is Back!

On April 10, 2008 Disney will once again be offering the Disney Dining Plan for FREE for vacation dates between August 24, 2008 and September 20, 2008! This is a savings of $37.99 per adult, per day!!! Enjoy all the wonderful dining experiences Walt Disney World has to offer without breaking your budget!

The Disney Dining Plan allows you to have one quick service meal, one table service meal and one snack per person, per day. You can enjoy the wonderful food at most restaurants throughout the parks and resorts.

Want an even more amazing deal? Check out the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan which offers three meals (quick service or table service) and two snacks per day. During the FREE Dining Plan offer period, you can get this wonderful upgrade for less than half price!

mrssparrow

To all those hoping Disney will offer this in early-mid August--why would Disney do this? This is offered to pull people to the parks after school is back in session. That's the same reason resort rates are cheaper. In early/mid August, the parks are still pretty busy, so there is no reason to offer free dining. Disney isn't extending this offer out of mere generosity, after all. I only wish I could take my vacation a little later, but I never can, and always miss this by a couple of weeks.

Two years ago free dining started in mid august, we took advantage of it for a trip Aug. 15-19 2006..... so I am hoping that they continue to have earlier dates in August, like they have in the past

Upvote 0

jenbierling

Does anyone know if you can book with the code online? I'm on hold, but also on the website in case I can find a place to enter the code. I can't find any way, though.

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

From wdwinfo.com - codes are towards the bottom:

A 5-night/6-day package includes: (longer and shorter stays are available)
  • 5 nights at a select Disney Resort
  • 6 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket
  • FREE Disney Dining Plan
  • 3 night minimum length of stay - 14 night maximum
  • Booking Dates:
    • 4/07/08 – 6/22/08 - Disney VISA Card Holders
    • 4/10/08 – 6/22/08 - Everyone
  • Travel Dates: 8/24/08 – 9/20/08
  • Prices start at:
    $57 per person, per day for family of 4 at select Value Resorts (std room)
    $73 per person, per day for family of 4 at select Moderate Resorts (std room)
    $104 per person, per day for family of 4 at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (studio)
  • Booking Codes:
    Magic Your Way Package plus Dining - AYG
    Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining - AYI
    Magic Your Way Package plus Dine with Wine - AYH
    Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining with Wine - AYJ
*Offer available for stays most nights 8/24/08-9/20/08. Availability is limited and certain restrictions apply. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply.

(Seems to have been posted just after midnight East Coast time.)

Will they issue new booking codes for the general public, or can we use the same ones as Disney Visa cardholder ? Thanks!:wave:

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Don't get me wrong. If we hadn't planned to go marathon weekend, we would FOR SURE go in September. I'm trying to make myself feel better about things. Yes, the waits can go longer than necessary. We have waited an hour past our reservation time several times in the past for free dining. Only a handful of times were tables ready at the 10-15 minute mark. Yes it is upsetting. But not enough to kill a FREE DINING vacation.

Actually... over the past few years our post ADR wait time has increased... sometimes 10-15 mins but others over 40 minutes(this was at SCI-Fi). The extra 40 minutes just was not worth it for the Sci-fi, but it was our first and last time there.

Wow! I guess I better get ready for some waiting! I was there in June and all the restaurants were booked solid but I still never waited that long for my table (I think the longest wait was 30min. at the Crystal Palace). How come the waits are so long in September? Do they overbook the restaurants? Oh well, like I said before I'll just have to put a smile on and say "I'm in Disney"!

Upvote 0

dcessna

Free Dining Package

I didn't get an email from Disney Visa. Called and complain and was connected to a number that I only had to wait 5 Mins. to get the plan.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

New2WDW

From wdwinfo.com - codes are towards the bottom:

• Booking Dates:
    • 4/07/08 – 6/22/08 - Disney VISA Card Holders
  • Prices start at:
    $104 per person, per day for family of 4 at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (studio)
  • Booking Codes:
*Offer available for stays most nights 8/24/08-9/20/08. Availability is limited and certain restrictions apply. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply.

(Seems to have been posted just after midnight East Coast time.)

? :veryconfu Mousesavers shows these codes for Disney Visa:
CMK for Dining Plan (FREE)
CMP for Deluxe Dining Plan
CMM for Dining Plan plus Wine & Dine Plan
CMS for Deluxe Dining Plan plus Wine & Dine Plan

Why are they different?

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Ok, so tell me what this would mean for people whose WDW vacations BEGIN on the last available date for the Free Dining offer? My wife and I (and some others) will arrive on 9/20 (the last date, supposedly, for the 2008 Free Dining offer) - Does this mean we'd only get free dining for that one day and not the entire trip? Or would our getting in at just the last moment ensure us having free dining for the length of our stay?

As long as you check in to your resort on the last day of the offer you should get the free dining for your stay. (up to 10 or 14 days - I can't remember:hammer:)

Upvote 0

WDW-LUVR

Will they issue new booking codes for the general public, or can we use the same ones as Disney Visa cardholder ? Thanks!:wave:

I went to WDWInfo and this is what I found

Magic Your Way Package FREE Dining Plan
  • Booking Dates:
    • <LI class=header-SM-r>4/07/08 – 6/22/08 - Disney VISA Card Holders
  • Prices start at:
  • Booking Codes for Disney Visa:
    Magic Your Way Package plus Dining - CMK
    Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining - CMP
    Magic Your Way Package plus Dine with Wine - CMM
    Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining with Wine - CMS
  • Booking Codes:

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Wow! I guess I better get ready for some waiting! I was there in June and all the restaurants were booked solid but I still never waited that long for my table (I think the longest wait was 30min. at the Crystal Palace). How come the waits are so long in September? Do they overbook the restaurants? Oh well, like I said before I'll just have to put a smile on and say "I'm in Disney"!
sounds like we need a fast pass for the free dinning ride :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Rob562

Any word on whether the plan includes gratuity? If not, is it really free?

Gratuities were removed from all Dining Plans in 2008, whether you got the Dining Plan for free or paid for it.

Free Dining is essentially booking a MYW Package plus Dining at full price (no discount on the room) and then getting a discount equal to the price of the Dining Plan. In a few instances (especially if your dining habits don't fit the DDP) it's cheaper to get some other kind of discount on the room (AP, FL Resident, etc), and just pay for your food.

-Rob

Upvote 0

teddygurl28

incase anyone is wondering, from what i understand when i booked on the phone with the cm, the codes beinging with the C are used by guests calling in....the codes begining wit the A are used by travel agents...this is also what someone said on another site. I used the CMP code for the deluxe dining and got it without a problem. staying at pop century 8/27-9/3. :) excited about free dining although i dont really know what it is and didnt even find out about it until after i had originally booked the trip to disney a few weeks ago ha

Upvote 0

New2WDW

incase anyone is wondering, from what i understand when i booked on the phone with the cm, the codes beinging with the C are used by guests calling in....the codes begining wit the A are used by travel agents...this is also what someone said on another site. I used the CMP code for the deluxe dining and got it without a problem. staying at pop century 8/27-9/3. :) excited about free dining although i dont really know what it is and didnt even find out about it until after i had originally booked the trip to disney a few weeks ago ha

If you have any questions you really need to ask and you really need to get ADR's for your TS meals asap!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom