Free Disney Dining Plan 2012

carib2150

I know that I am a bit early, but planning a disney world trip takes some planning :).

So I was wondering, what are the chances that the disney dining plan is offered next year? Specifically in May? Any insight would be great and appreciated!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Your guess is as good as anyone else's at this point.

Disney has totally thrown out the playbook this year when it comes to discounts. You can't go by past years anymore, as they've really changed things up.

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

Early? Not at all.

I'm fully booked up with WDW for my May trip. Free dining and a $300 gift card are included but I suppose that is just to draw in the Scottish visitors. Guess what? It worked.

Anyhoo, fingers crossed for you.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

In the past, there hasn't been much free dining offered for May travel dates. But as others have mentioned, it's really anybody's guess. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern anymore and it also seems that discounts are released later and later (and some are not as great as they've been in the past).

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Yes, we too are all booked up for May 2012 at the Wilderness Lodge with free dining. If it's on offer in the UK then it's hopeful that similar offers will be available in the US before long, good luck!!

Upvote 0
We are booked for early June with free dining, this is the 1st year I have seen them offer May/June in the UK for free dining, but in the past the same dates are offered in the US just not so early. We also got a studio at Saratoga Springs for the price of a moderate resort and 14 day ticket for the price of 7. Disney seem to be putting on some great offers for us early birds in the UK.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

We are booked for early June with free dining, this is the 1st year I have seen them offer May/June in the UK for free dining, but in the past the same dates are offered in the US just not so early. We also got a studio at Saratoga Springs for the price of a moderate resort and 14 day ticket for the price of 7. Disney seem to be putting on some great offers for us early birds in the UK.

Disney did offer free dining for this year, we booked this time last year for May 2011 and were very pleased to see the same offer for 2012, I loved free dining even more than I thought I would!

Upvote 0

linn9431

This is my first post and I am going to WDW in early June 2012. What do you mean by UK pricing (do they offer deals sooner in Europe for WDW?)? Also if you could tell me the dates that they gave you for May/June for the free dinning plan and is it the same as this years were you have to stay at a Moderate or Deluxe to get the table service deal? Thank in advance for the info.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Yes they do offer different deals, some things work out better, some worse!

At present if we book by the end of July for any time 1st Jan-26 Feb or 1st May-18 Nov we get free dining and, yes, it would be counter service for a moderate, table service plan for de luxe,

Upvote 0

WDW Vet

The UK packages came out a while back and unlike our US market they have Free Dining different parts of the year. I am a sponsor on a UK forum called Disney Secrets Forum and they normally vacation for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. They have available a 14 and 21 day Ultimate ticket. Disney markets them since while they are at WDW they also spend lots of money.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
This month e will be booking Old Key West for 3 weeks with 45% off the resort price plus free dining, plus reserved firework tickets for one night at epcot and one night at MK plus vouchers for multiple restaurants at Downtown Disney, same deal as last year :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Heres The Quote From WDW UK;

2012 Early Booking offer!

Book now and you'll save a guaranteed 15% on selected Disney Resorts for all 2012 arrivals!

Staying in the heart of the magic can be even better value with the superb offer.

Book one of our selected resorts before 31st July 2011 for stays throughout 2012 and we'll take 15%† off the price of your accommodation – leaving all the more spending for you.

Plus, book Disney's Saratoga Springs and Spa or Disney's Old Key West during our 2012 Free Dine Period and save an extra 30%‡ on your accommodation, meaning a huge 45% discount.

This offer is combinable with our Free Dine offer during our 2012 Free Dine period

FREE Exclusive Magical Extras!

Book with Walt Disney Travel Company to experience Disney's legendary service and attention to detail - plus you'll receive Magical Extras too!

All Disney bookings made with Walt Disney Travel Company receive Magical Extras.

For ANY booking you make with us, you'll enjoy:
•The Disney Store Merchandise Discount: receive a 10% online discount on your first order at disneystore.co.uk1.

For all Hotel & Ticket packages, booked with us, for a minimum 5 nights, you'll also benefit from:
•Planet Hollywood® $15 Meal Voucher and merchandise souvenir keepsake: receive one $15 voucher valid for food and non-alcoholic beverages, and one merchandise souvenir keepsake at Planet Hollywood®, Downtown Disney West Side (one certificate and keepsake per room)2.
•Miniature (crazy) Golf Experience.
•Receive a voucher valid for one round of miniature golf at either Disney's Fantasia Gardens or Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Courses3.
•Walt Disney World Marina Discounts.
•Sail into the sunset with 15% off selected boat rentals at a variety of marina locations across Walt Disney Resort4.
•NEW! Downtown Disney meal and merchandise discounts.
•Shop 'n' dine for less at a range of Downtown Disney dining locations: 20% off your food order, plus 10% off merchandise at House of Blues5; 10% off food, soft drinks and merchandise at Raglan Road Irish pub & Restaurant5B, Ghiradelli's, Fulton's Crab House and the Portobello Yacht Club; pamper your skin with 10% off your entire purchase at Basin Bath & Body at Downtown Disney Marketplace.
•NEW! 20% off Characters in Flight morning trips: get the best views over Walt Disney World for the best price with 20% off pre-noon balloon flights6.

Plus, if you book a room and ticket package with accommodations in a Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort (part of the Disney Vacation Club family), you'll also receive7:
•Special Preferred Fireworks viewing: each guest receives one voucher to take advantage of special Preferred Fireworks viewing areas for Wishes Nighttime Spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park and Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot8.

Or stay at a good neighbour hotel or at an Orlando Villa and receive:
•NEW! Kids Eat Free Card: for each child aged 11 and under accompanied by a full-paying adult, receive one card valid for 90 days from first use at over 100 restaurants in the Orlando and Kissimmee area10.

We don't just sell Disney, we are Disney!

Roll On :sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0
This month e will be booking Old Key West for 3 weeks with 45% off the resort price plus free dining, plus reserved firework tickets for one night at epcot and one night at MK plus vouchers for multiple restaurants at Downtown Disney, same deal as last year :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Dang I think I need to move...

Upvote 0
Everything is saying free dining won't come out, but I really think it will. Business has been slow (most resorts still have availability for fall) and they've already offered it to the UK. It's possible that Disney is going to take a hit and just cut everyone off completely, but I don't believe it. The only thing that worries me is that last year, free dining for Oct - Dec was offered on 7/5--and we haven't heard anything yet. But other than that, I do expect it for fall and beyond.

Whatever you do, make sure you sign up for pin codes. Anyone in your party (over 18) can sign up, so increase your chances and have your partner/spouse sign up, etc. It can't hurt. My husband gets them constantly but they NEVER send them to me.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

carib2150

Original Poster
rule of thumb?

Isn't the rule of thumb that they offer it to UK residents (to gain the early booking) and then to offer to US residence (to increase early bookings)? My brother and his family went to WDW on Memorial Day and stated that it was not all that busy (they expected worse). So like the previous reply, I will be surprised that it is not offered.

Heres to hoping and Free Dining in May/June next year!

Upvote 0

lbrad

Time to move to the UK :ROFLOL:

Do they have jobs (nurse & teacher):shrug:

We both are currently employed :sohappy:

BUT it never hurts to look

Upvote 0

hyuhas

Everything is saying free dining won't come out, but I really think it will. Business has been slow (most resorts still have availability for fall) and they've already offered it to the UK. It's possible that Disney is going to take a hit and just cut everyone off completely, but I don't believe it. The only thing that worries me is that last year, free dining for Oct - Dec was offered on 7/5--and we haven't heard anything yet. But other than that, I do expect it for fall and beyond.

Whatever you do, make sure you sign up for pin codes. Anyone in your party (over 18) can sign up, so increase your chances and have your partner/spouse sign up, etc. It can't hurt. My husband gets them constantly but they NEVER send them to me.

Good luck.

Where do you sign up for pin codes?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom