Free Dining

Disney for Bonk

Original Poster
I thought it was about time that we make it officially the 'Free Dining' thread!! YAY!!!
Last year, my DW and I had to cancel our trip to WDW during the free dining, but have paid for the dining plan during our past 2 trips and felt it was totally worth it.
This year we're determined to go. In fact, as of now, over 15 of our friends are going as well. We booked our restaurants yesterday and found that many had limited or no seating. So, I recommend booking now and adding the free dining when it becomes available next week.

Mickey&Minnie

We have already booked and made all ADR's but we got great ressies. We had plenty of times to choose from but I don't recommend waiting for the free dining either. They will eventually run out of restaurants to give ressies especially if free dining is offered.

rcapolete

booked with the dining plan and waiting for the offical announcement so Pam at KK can change me over. Also made all of my reservation through her this afternoon. MAde 9 of them and got them all for when i wnated them

LoriMistress

"LATEST HOT DEALS - AS OF 4/6/07

A special "free dining" vacation package at Walt Disney World (for check-ins 8/26/07-9/22/07) is scheduled to be released for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders on Monday, April 9. The same package is expected to become available to the general public on Thursday, April 12. If the new package is similar to the one offered for the past two years, it will require you to purchase at least 3 consecutive hotel nights at an official Walt Disney World resort, plus at least a one-day theme park ticket, and you will get a FREE dining package (one counter service meal, one table service meal and one snack, per person, per day) for the length of your stay. This has been a very popular promotion in past years, so I expect rooms to sell out fast. Check back here on Monday for full details.

http://mousesavers.com

smk

Does anyone know if I book for arriving 9/22 and staying for 5 days can I get free dining for all the days or just for the first day? Thanks!

Mauimouse

Does anyone know if I book for arriving 9/22 and staying for 5 days can I get free dining for all the days or just for the first day? Thanks!

If it's the same as years past then as long as your check in date falls within the promotion, you receive the free dining for the length of your stay.

Tiggersgreat

I am getting the dining plan for two parents and two kids, but they are 10 and 11 so they will be considered adults. My question is this: If we go to a table service, can we order just two meals and share, or do we have to order 4? It just seems like a lot of food - 4 appetizers, 4 entrees, and 4 desserts. I can also see how disney wouldn't want to get cheated. I just want to know what we are ALLOWED to do???

On the same topic - we could just get two counter service meals, right?

J_Krafty24

Oh No!!! My parents and grandparents will be checking in on the 25th. Maybe they'll be able to change to a one night hotel only reservation and then have the rest of their vacation start on the 26th. Anyone else know about a situation like this?

Ausdaddy

I am getting the dining plan for two parents and two kids, but they are 10 and 11 so they will be considered adults. My question is this: If we go to a table service, can we order just two meals and share, or do we have to order 4? It just seems like a lot of food - 4 appetizers, 4 entrees, and 4 desserts. I can also see how disney wouldn't want to get cheated. I just want to know what we are ALLOWED to do???

MontyMon's answer is better. Please see below.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

Absolutely you can share Table Service meals on the Dining Plan! If you are all adults, it'll mean you can spread your credits further. You can not share meals at AYCE Family-Style or Buffet-style restaurants, they require a credit for each person, but 'a la carte' service meals you can share. You'll have to pay OOP for drinks for the extra person. The CMs will usually gladly bring an extra plate so you don't have to physically eat off the same one.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot your second part... No, you can't get two CS credits for one TS. During the free dining last fall, they allowed TS credits to be used to get CS meals because it was so hard to get ADRs for TS restaurants, but I'm pretty sure it was a one-for-one trade-off.

J_Krafty24

What are the hours that you can call the Disney Reservation center? I really want to get the free dining without running down all my cell phone minutes while on hold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom