Free Dining Through AAA?

J_Krafty24

My fiance's parents have booked a september trip for disney through AAA which is when our disney wedding is. They booked the disney dining plan with their package with the hope of changing it over to the free plan when the offer was released.

They called their AAA agent to ask about the the Tuesday after it was released to credit card holders to ask about their options of adding this to their package. The agent didn't have a clue what they were talking about and had to call disney to get information on it.

When they heard back from their agent they were told they would not be able to get the deal without getting a disney visa card but that they would save over $300 with it (she told them nothing about it being released to the GP two days later). Them not knowing that the plan would be released to the general public in two days applied for the card, paid an additional $200 deposit on their vacation and were told they were all set. Shortly after that they were contacted by their AAA agent and told there were no more rooms left and that they were out of luck.

From being on these boards I know that rooms frequently open up and the availibility changes day to day and apparently sometimes hour to hour. I suggested that they call AAA again and see if they can get in now. I gave them all the information I could on the deal (how long it was good for, the discount code, etc) but do not know how well it will work based on the quality of the agent they have to work with.

I have never used AAA before and have these questions:

1.) Has anyone else had trouble booking though AAA?

2.) Could they go to a different AAA branch and have changes made to their vacation reservations so as not to have to deal with the agent at their branch?

3.) I'm tempted to suggest they book through either Disney or Kingdom Konsultants and then cancel their AAA reservations. Does anyone know what the AAA cancelation policy is?

slappy magoo

It's been a long time since I booked a trip through AAA, but I was under the impression that the free dining discount was contingent on someone paying the full rack rate for their room and buying their tickets from Disney. You could book through a travel agent, but if you're given a discount anywhere else, you're not supposed to get the free dining option. A "not to be combined with any other offers" kind of thing. Not to sound like a shill, but you may want to
a: check with AAA, and see if there's a cencellation fee. If there isn't, then

b: Call Disney direct or use a non-AAA travel agent that specializes in WDW trips like Kingdom Konsultants, and see if they can quote you a package that includes free dining. If they can, check and see if it's a better deal than what your future in-laws already have (I figure it almost certainly would be). If it is, have them cancel their original trip.

BTW, if I'm right that you have to pay full price on the room and the park tickets, that doesn't mean that any travel agent you use won't be able to save money in other vacation costs, like airfare or a rental car.

Upvote 0

Kadee

I've never used AAA, but it seems that lately, there have been several bad reviews on them. I don't think I will be using them ever. If I choose to use a travel agent, I think I will call Kingdom Konsutants. You KNOW they know what they are doing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom