Free Dining Preview Thread

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
maybe the travel agent was emailed from disney about the plan coming out like the poster from another board was saying?

Hey Kimmychad
It really doesn't matter if their agent was e-mailed the information. They would still not be able to book it until it was released on either the day the Disney Visa offer is released if they have the Disney Visa or when the general public is released. You cannot book it any other way earlier than that unless it was the two other options that I mentioned.
Travel agents cannot book it any earlier than the release dates just like everyone else.

By them posting that it gives everyone false information that this package has been released already. I have not seen anything "Official" that this package is being released on the rumored days.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've seen threads that people claim to have their reservations contan the free dining offer. I called Disney resefvations to inquire, but all I got was a snotty person that sounded like I just woke them up.:snore:

They will not give you any information if a discounted package is coming out. The Castmembers that work in reservation can actually lose their jobs if they do that. And the majority of the time they will not even be given information on the discount until right around the time it's released.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
We are going the 14th of August and leaving the 25th. Since free dining is to start the 24th-would we be able to get it since we only be there one day at the start of it? I thought since it works at the end of the program it might work at the start? Thanks!!!

Sorry but your arrival date for any discounted package that comes out has to be on the first day it would start so if you are not arriving on the first day you will not be able to take advantage of it. On the flip side if you are arriving on the last day of a discounted package you can usually carry that through your entire stay thereafter. I did do this for someone on the bounce back free dining.

Pam

Disneykidder

Question: Say I call and actually get through for the free dining. We are not sure if our nephew will be joining us on our trip. Should I book him with us just in case? Could I always take him off rather than adding him later, right?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Question: Say I call and actually get through for the free dining. We are not sure if our nephew will be joining us on our trip. Should I book him with us just in case? Could I always take him off rather than adding him later, right?

It doesn't matter as long as he would be in the same room as you he would be able to be added at a later time. Adding a person to your reservation will not change anything but the price.

Pam

kimmychad

Hey Kimmychad
It really doesn't matter if their agent was e-mailed the information. They would still not be able to book it until it was released on either the day the Disney Visa offer is released if they have the Disney Visa or when the general public is released. You cannot book it any other way earlier than that unless it was the two other options that I mentioned.
Travel agents cannot book it any earlier than the release dates just like everyone else.

By them posting that it gives everyone false information that this package has been released already. I have not seen anything "Official" that this package is being released on the rumored days.

Pam

i understand what your saying about false information and we dont need that, we get enough rumors on here. i was meaning that maybe the travel agent paid for the dining knowing that disney was going to offer it for free - in order to get that persons business. i dont know how it works, just an idea i had that i wanted to put out there before we say this persons wrong for saying he got free dining

jenjen1127

If you already are booked with the Deluxe Dining Plan, and paid in full, for the time period that the free dining comes out, can you still call and give them the code and get a credit or refund for the difference in the full price you paid and the free dining? Just wondering because we are going in August but I think if everyone is right about the dates, we will miss it by a couple of days. Someone posted that if you want the Deluxe Plan you can pay an extra $30 per person over the free dining plan. Is that correct too?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I concider Pam posting several times here in the past day or so another hint that the Free Dining is likely.

Oh, if you are booking and want help making those ADRs so you don't have to sit on the phone an extra hour or so doing it (yes, it can easily take that long for a week long trip), look to book through KK!

Rob562

If you already are booked with the Deluxe Dining Plan, and paid in full, for the time period that the free dining comes out, can you still call and give them the code and get a credit or refund for the difference in the full price you paid and the free dining? Just wondering because we are going in August but I think if everyone is right about the dates, we will miss it by a couple of days. Someone posted that if you want the Deluxe Plan you can pay an extra $30 per person over the free dining plan. Is that correct too?

If you're already booked on a package that includes the Dining Plan, and the Free Dining promotion comes out, you can call and they will refund you the difference in price. *But* this is only if the hotel and room category you are booked into have openings available for Free Dining. The promotion is meant to fill empty rooms. Let's say you're booked into a Woods View room in Wilderness Lodge. If they're already booked up for the week you're staying (or are close enough to being filled that Disney is comfortable with it), they won't offer Free Dining for that category of room.
In the past, some people have changed room categories or even resorts because they were booked into something where they weren't able to get Free Dining. And even though the room price was higher, it was still cheaper than before. (And all this assumes that your original reservation is within the window of dates they offer for Free Dining in the first place)

As for the Deluxe Dining Plan, you *can* get the Free Dining promotion and then pay the difference between that and the Deluxe plan. That fact was confirmed by JPVonDrake last year when people were booking the "bounce-back" and UK-resident Free Dining deals.
The price difference is $32 per adult per night, and $10 per child per night.

-Rob

Mickey&Minnie

Well I guess we will learn if the rumor is true tomorrow when it is rumored that free dining will be offered to Disney Visa Card holders. I sure hope that it is true as expected b/c I am planning (well my husband is) on getting on the phone early when the offer is offered to the general public a few days later.

jenjen1127

Thank you Rob for your clear response. I understand and I hope that I can keep the same reservation at the Wilderness Lodge (woods view) that I have. But, of course, I would gladly change it to get "free dining". We're staying at WL for 10 days so it would be a BIG savings even if we had to upgrade the room.

DeborJohn

Help please!

If the free dining is announced tomorrow for card members, how can I know to be on the phone at 7AM? When will I find out about the announcement?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts about whether I should try to rebook as two trips, since my dates are currently 8/21-8/30, it would save a good amount if I got free dining for a portion of it!

Thanks!

Tink95

I'm going with my family from 8/19-8/28, and I am a disney visa card holder (we have more than one card). And we have not gotten an email about the the dinning. We also have been checking daily on the disney visa members site for the info and we can not find it. Has any cardholders reiceved the information? If it hasnt been given out yet, when do they let us know. Or is it that I haven't gotten it?:eek::confused::cry:.

jenjen1127

I'm a Disney Card holder too and I am wondering the same thing. I haven't received an email and I keep checking the website. Maybe in the middle of the night when they update account information they will put a code on the website.:shrug::shrug:

romiti

Hey guys -- I'm a Disney Visa Cardholder too, but I can't seem to find a link to the members site that you're talking about -- is this where the codes will be posted first? Also, could you post a link to the members site? Thanks!

aj_steig

Hi everyone-

I also am a Disney Visa cardholder, and I have not received any email about anything. If I recall from last year, the email was sent in advance (or possibly even the day of) the promotion. The website was updated shortly there after (www.disneyrewards.com). I am getting really antsy because I was hoping the rumors would be true and the promotion would be offered starting tomorrw, but so far I have not heard a thing. If I do receive anything, I will be sure to post (I got the email last year and receive an email everytime a promotion is offered, so I am assuming I shouldn't have any trouble if the promotion is offered again this year :)

By the way, if any of you are looking to change your card design, Chase just posted some new ones online a few days ago. Mine is of the top of Cinderella's Castle (I love it!!) and they also have Finding Nemo, Tinkerbell, Vintage Mickey. Check them out at www.disneyrewards.com

rsylvania

free dining

I called Disney and tried to get the free dining . And they told me it might be available Monday but they aren't sure yet . I am a Disney Visa card holder .

Tink95

I still haven't gotten my email :shrug:. Im going nuts.!!:brick::zipit::zipit::hammer::hammer::cry: but im ok:lookaroun

OneLuckyMom

From wdwinfo.com (I know, I know - I'm not a big fan either, but it has the codes):

A 5-night/6-day package includes: (longer and shorter stays are available)
  • 5 nights at a select Disney Resort
  • 6 Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket
  • FREE Disney Dining Plan
  • 3 night minimum length of stay - 14 night maximum
  • Booking Dates:
    • 4/07/08 – 6/22/08 - Disney VISA Card Holders
    • 4/10/08 – 6/22/08 - Everyone
  • Travel Dates: 8/24/08 – 9/20/08
  • Prices start at:
    $57 per person, per day for family of 4 at select Value Resorts (std room)
    $73 per person, per day for family of 4 at select Moderate Resorts (std room)
    $104 per person, per day for family of 4 at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (studio)
  • Booking Codes:
    Magic Your Way Package plus Dining - AYG
    Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining - AYI
    Magic Your Way Package plus Dine with Wine - AYH
    Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining with Wine - AYJ
*Offer available for stays most nights 8/24/08-9/20/08. Availability is limited and certain restrictions apply. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply.

(Seems to have been posted just after midnight East Coast time.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom