Free Dining Preview Thread

JimboJones123

Original Poster
NEW INFO 4/3

Well -- with all the buzz on the new DDP being pretty sour --

IT'S TIME TO START GETTING READY FOR THE POSSIBLE 4TH YEAR OF FREE DINING TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

We already know the "bounceback" was offered for "free dining" guests last year -- but not for December guests like the previous year.

Will the public get the offer again as well????

Tomorrow marks the three month mark until the anniversary of last years offer for Disney Visa Cardholders (April 9th) and the general public offer coming a few days later (April 12th).

Will the DDP changes turn you off? Will the tip not be included still (is it really free then?)? It's time to start the early buzz. I am personally tossing up either a trip for free dining, or one the first week of Dec. It's a hard choice. We really want to try a PP party though (not the one currently offered at several locations within every park already).

If going, where will you stay? Will you even get the resort you want? Pop wasn't avaliable for most dates for almost 2 weeks til they didn't hit the reservations they wanted early. WL didn't see offers for most of the "free dining" offer at all.

disneytopdog

I have done free dining for the past 3 years. As stated in previous post, I do wish they gave a choice of appertizer or dessert. The "having to cover the tips myself." issue. I really dont have a problem with this, seeing how over the past 3 years I have seen the service factor steadly decline.

Being an ex bartender/waiter I do tip very well when the service is great. I really got sick of seeing the servers getting a guaranted 15% and providing little to no service. During free dining, if I received great service I always tipped more knowing good and well they recieved 15%

DisneyPirate85

Are you automatically charged a tip (15%-18%) and presented with a bill on the new plan or is it up to the "diner" to decide the tip? Just a little confused....:shrug:

disneytopdog

Are you automatically charged a tip (15%-18%) and presented with a bill on the new plan or is it up to the "diner" to decide the tip? Just a little confused....:shrug:

I dont think they can just add the tip to your bill unless your in a big party and it states that on there menu.

New2WDW

We were able to get the Bounce Back for 9/26 thru 10/4 at All Star Movies and yes we will be getting the FREE Dining. We will obviously be using it. We have used the DDP the last four visits and have loved it. I am fully aware of the changes to the new plan and yes I agree with the many others that the plan needs some major work.

The biggest thing for me about the DDP is that my family gets to enjoy some very nice restaurants that we would not be able to try on a regular food budget and I save money thru the plan over my regular food budget. So it works for me!

262 days until the trip and I will be trying for ADR's at the 180 day mark!

adamcav

Is the free dining plan always the same time or month of the year? Or does it vary?

Thats a good question. We are going Aug 16-23 and I fear that if the free dining is offered we may miss it by as little as a few days :(

That estimation is based on past free dining checkin dates. Either way I will be crossing my fingers and hoping if they offer it we can slide in.

Kristamouse

We are doing bouce back free dining too Sept 27th till ?. I book three days and then decided later to add more days. I liked the first plan better, but can't complain, because it is free. We did tip in previous years on top of the plan for great service. I have only really eaten at sit down's in Disney on the DDP so I can't compare service but ours was great!! We usually go the last day of FD to get better TS ADR's time so perhaps our waiters are less stressed.

OT: We may not go this year because we are expecting our 3rd in early August. We travel all over with out kids when they were babies but this baby will only be 8 weeks or less. I am thinking we will probally skip this year, but for a great reason. Who knows though, DH had an ideal to only do MNSSHP and hang out by the pool for a long weekend with my Parents. KristaMouse is so cheap, I will do anything for free food, even go to WDW with a newborn:brick:Any ideals for us??

NewfieFan

I'm already booked for Sept. 16 - 26th. I'm hoping to add on the free dining if they come out with it in the spring. I've done the dining plan before but I've never done it "free". So, I'm sure I won't be complaining about much b/c the last time we paid for it. And I don't have that much of a problem with the changes. I don't mind leaving a tip, although the other way was pretty convienient! I just wish we had a choice between desert or appetizer, although I have heard that depending on the restaurant they may let you substitute an appetizer for a desert. I'll guess I'll find out in a few months if this promotion comes up again...

Do you think that they might offer Free Deluxe Dining plan? Or perhaps a discount on it now that there are variations on the DDP? I'm just curious as to what everyone's opinion is.

marinoalulema

Account Suspended
free dining plan

has anyone heard yet what type if any dining plan will be offered for December 2008? we went in sept 2007 for 7 days and again in dec 2007 for 4 days and enjoyed the dining plan and would like to know if we can get it again for dec 2008
thanks

JimboJones123

Original Poster
OH -- another big change to look for as well. Before it's been on a 3-10 night stay. I know the bounceback offer was for 3-14 nights this year. We may be looking at a HUGE 2 weeker before school starts back up again in September!!!!

raven

Tomorrow marks the three month mark until the anniversary of last years offer for Disney Visa Cardholders (April 9th) and the general public offer coming a few days later (April 12th).

Last year the general public offer started on March 12th because I got mine early that morning.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Last year the general public offer started on March 12th because I got mine early that morning.
Oops, musta gotten my months mixed up then.

Here's the dates Mousesavers has.

8/26/07-9/22/07package discounts ("free dining") for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders4/9/07, exp 6/24/07
8/26/07-9/22/07package discounts ("free dining") for general public 4/12/07, exp 6/24/07

Thinking back, I remembered March as well -- a death in the family that same day I booked (and later had to unbook). I remember getting back from the hospital around midnight the night before and setting the alarm for 5:30 to leave plenty of time to get the kids up and ready for the day before hand so I could book at 7 AM. Thanks for correcting me.

Guess we may be less than 2 months away then. Time to start solidifying those ADRs to book on Valentines Day for the trip in August. 15th-30th looks like to be a wonderful run to go. 10 day hopper w/plus pack for an additional 6 days of water park fun!!!

Fizbain32

Our guess was that it would depend on how many people took them up on the bounce back.

We used the free dinning in 2006 from Labor Day to Sept 12th. We did the same thing again in 2007, Labor Day to Sept 14th. We like to go that time of year because WDW is WAY empty. 2006 it was still way empty. Just like the previous years we could walk into pretty much any restaurant and wait no more than 30 - 60 minutes. And if we had the thought to check during the day, we could always get a table through reservations at guest services.

But 2007?! That promo REALLY worked for Disney. There were more people there than during Labor Day week than I had ever seen. As for finding a place to sit down to eat. It seemed impossible. The one day at the MK they had a sign up at 10:30am that said all sit down locations where full for the rest of the day.

So since it seemed to us that it was a MAJOR attraction for people for that time of year. My guess is that you will see the return of free DDP from late Aug to end of Sept 2008. Even with the change. I mean for the most part people hear "free food" and they are off and running.

Although I have plans to return Labor day 2008 and am hoping they do not offer the free DDP. I prefer the smaller crowds and the ability to decide where I want to eat on the fly instead of 6 months in advance.

mickeygal

Do they ever have the free dining in December? If you already have dining with your package can you still get free dining, if offered, or would you have to cancel and re book? We are going December 11-18 2008.

Thanks for any responses:)

mousefan1972

Do they ever have the free dining in December? If you already have dining with your package can you still get free dining, if offered, or would you have to cancel and re book? We are going December 11-18 2008.

Thanks for any responses:)

Free dining has never been offered in any months other than August and September. You would not have to cancel and re-book if it were to be offered when you are going. (which is highly unlikely) Your package would be modified to reflect the promotion. (as long as it is available for your travel dates at your resort of choice, if not you may have to change one or the other, or both) You may very well be eligible for a package discount; we took advantage of one in Dec. 2007 and the check in dates were through Dec. 23rd. Keep checking on here, and if there is a discount released the great gang at Kingdom Konsultants will surely tell us about it! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom