Free Dining Plan

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Oh deep joy, over crowded eating establishments populated with uncontrolled kids, grumpy servers and reduced standards in both service delivery and menu variety.

Upvote 0

Jerm

While I will not be there for that time, I can tell you that I will avoid ever going again during that time. I have never been around a bigger group of pushy people and I have gone between christmas and new years. The free dining plan I think will be coming to an end more sooner then later! But it can not happen fast enough!!!!

While I understand it is a great help and a way for people to be able to visit WDW when they normally could not, but REALLY!!! I waited in a longer line at Cosmic Ray's for food then I did for some of the attractions!!! Even trying to eat only during off meal times was still out of control...and lets not even get started on trying to make PS for anything!!!!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

I hope not just because there will be fewer people in the parks so the lines are shorter.

Oh I hear ya!!! We were just talking about that the other day, not that its anywhere nearly as crowded as in the summer months but we have noticed going to Disney over the past 12 yrs in September how much busier it has gotten>>I look back on videos or even pics and nobody was there, before the whole dining thing(or so it seemed) Yes we tried the dining thing, when it was free and even paid for it..Its nice but We can do without....Without making all the ressies (too much planning , we like playing the day by ear) and can do without all the extra people!! Seems like many rude ones come out and then some! Sorry had to vent....I really dislike the free dining...but I know its not going anywhere , if and when it does come around.

Upvote 0

mitchk

While I will not be there for that time, I can tell you that I will avoid ever going again during that time. I have never been around a bigger group of pushy people and I have gone between christmas and new years. The free dining plan I think will be coming to an end more sooner then later! But it can not happen fast enough!!!!

While I understand it is a great help and a way for people to be able to visit WDW when they normally could not, but REALLY!!! I waited in a longer line at Cosmic Ray's for food then I did for some of the attractions!!! Even trying to eat only during off meal times was still out of control...and lets not even get started on trying to make PS for anything!!!!

I hear you my man, I was there last September, with the free dinning plan.:eek: Never again

Upvote 0

gorebunch

We have been to DW for the free dining for the past 2 years and have never had any problems getting priority seating for any restaurant. Also, the longest we have waited in line was around 30 minutes. (and that is probably over stating it) We have gone during the free dining not because of the free food but because of the parks being so empty. Don't get me wrong, we have used the free dining and eaten at much nicer restaurants than we normally would. If it is offered again we will definitely make a trip.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

My experiences have been far more positive each of the three years free dining has been offered. While ADRs for dinner have been limited, we've always succeeded in getting a couple that we really wanted, and we've even made some changes last minute and been successful. And despite the crowds, when we used TS at lunch, it was no problem at all even walk-in. As for CS, I didn't notice a difference in wait as compared to other visits.

I likely won't go again this year if offered simply because we have other things planned, but I wouldn't hesitate.

Upvote 0

mary219

we went during free dining last year ,late aug -early sept.we stayed ten days and had no problems.the parks were empty,the restaurants with adrs were fine.just make sure you make adrs,it is very hard to get one without them(180 days or asap, definitely for more popular places).
It was a great deal and we saved a lot of money.It gave us so much more to spend in the parks,shops and resort.we had a blast.

Upvote 0

jenji124

I've been there 2 times in the past when this is offered, both times being in September. I've had good expierences in both cases. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

It wasn't very crowded at all when we went last year. The only exception was the weekend before Labor Day and it wasn't that bad. We were able to get all but one ADR that we wanted at around 70 days prior. The service was great too with the exception of Tony's. I hope they do it, it saves us about a thousand dollars.

Upvote 0

partyoffour

I think it is wonderful. We always go in Sept . For 2 years we went without knowing about free dining. Besides the heat I think the parks are great . No matter what on great rides there will be lines. For a family of 6 this free dining plan is a life saver. i am a stay at home mom and it makes it possible for us to buy the kids what they want when we are there. I love it i hope disney never stops it. :animwink:

Upvote 0

HiddenMinnie

We are never able to go during free dining because the kids are back in school. However, we purchase the dining plan when we go in the summers. I hear a lot of people complaining about going during free dining. I'm a little puzzled by it because it seems everyone gets excited when they come out with a room or package discount. Free dining is the same thing! It frees up money in your budget so you can afford the rooms and tickets. It's just a different discount. I am waiting for the day when I see a thread about "people who hate free ticket upgrades or room discounts!"

Upvote 0

Jerm

We are never able to go during free dining because the kids are back in school. However, we purchase the dining plan when we go in the summers. I hear a lot of people complaining about going during free dining.

I am not complaining about going with the free dining plan. I am complaining about going during that time of the year. When I travel during that time it is due to how it falls during the schedule and I can not take advantage of the dinning plan due to other discounts. But the 2 times I have gone during that time have been far more busy then the same time before the free offers. I agree and people getting something for free and complaining about it...such as the free meal plan, but you have to pay tip. You are still getting it free and having to pay 5-20 buck tip for that?!?!?! Get over it and do it.

Upvote 0

Goofnut1980

Oh I hear ya!!! We were just talking about that the other day, not that its anywhere nearly as crowded as in the summer months but we have noticed going to Disney over the past 12 yrs in September how much busier it has gotten>>I look back on videos or even pics and nobody was there, before the whole dining thing(or so it seemed) Yes we tried the dining thing, when it was free and even paid for it..Its nice but We can do without....Without making all the ressies (too much planning , we like playing the day by ear) and can do without all the extra people!! Seems like many rude ones come out and then some! Sorry had to vent....I really dislike the free dining...but I know its not going anywhere , if and when it does come around.

I couldn't agree more... We just happen to be going to see family in FL last sept and I saw the ad for the free dining... which posted on their website the day after Memorial Day so I thought... what the heck.. Why not??? well that was a big mistake.. WAY too many people and kids running around and mad because they had not made reservations and thought they could just walk up to a restaurant and get a table... Then the cast members would politely tell them they were full for the night and the guests would get upset... I will never go during free Dining again... not worth it... Hopefully with the new rules with the plan it will be easier to get a table too... because people are not ordering an appetizer and the entree and then desert.. which is WAY too much food for most people anyways!!!

Upvote 0

Goofnut1980

I am not complaining about going with the free dining plan. I am complaining about going during that time of the year. When I travel during that time it is due to how it falls during the schedule and I can not take advantage of the dinning plan due to other discounts. But the 2 times I have gone during that time have been far more busy then the same time before the free offers. I agree and people getting something for free and complaining about it...such as the free meal plan, but you have to pay tip. You are still getting it free and having to pay 5-20 buck tip for that?!?!?! Get over it and do it.

better yet.. if you don't want to pay the tip don't go and let the rest of us enjoy our trip... :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom