Free Dining Plan is back!

New2WDW

The free dining plan offer is on the table again according to the Mousesavers site. Same info but the deadline is now 8-20-2005! If you are looking for a deal here is another opportunity!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
wannabeBelle said:
Yes it absolutely is available at the Moderate & Deluxe levels, Just be sure that your travel dates fall within the date range given of 8/21/05-10/4/05 and be sure to call to book this by 8/20/05 or the offer will expire!!! Belle

Miss Belle is right. Also you do not have to do the base ticket, you can add park hopping and make if for just about as many days as you like. Also, you can add the magic plus pack option if you would like to go to the waterparks/pleasure Island and Disneyquest.

Pam
By the way Belle...did we do a trip report?????

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

ArielBelle said:
I wish DVC members could get free meals when we book our rooms! Sometimes they forget to give us perks---because they know they don't have to do anything else to bring us there!

Guess they are right..I keep going!
Since you are a DVC person am I correct in assuming that you are also an AP holder?? If so, you can apply for the Disney Dining Experience card. It gives you 20% off sit down meals only. That is 20% off food and drinks, alcohol is included in this one as well!!! I have this card and I love it!!! It isnt as structured as the Dining plan so you can eat where you want to and get 20% off ( there are a few places that dont accept it such as Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Grill but for the most part all sit down restaurants are included!!! Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Kingdom Konsultant said:
Miss Belle is right. Also you do not have to do the base ticket, you can add park hopping and make if for just about as many days as you like. Also, you can add the magic plus pack option if you would like to go to the waterparks/pleasure Island and Disneyquest.

Pam
By the way Belle...did we do a trip report?????
hey there I did an abbreviated Trip report on the Off Kilter Shrine with some pics posted over there of me cowbelling and such. Did you want the link or did we want to do one here? Belle

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

New2WDW said:
After looking over my post let me clarify the park hopping theory:

Instead of buying a 4 day base with park hopper option ($860)
You could purchase the 10 day with no Expiration and use multiple tickets in one day and save the other tickets for the next trip since they would not expire!

Example of using 5 tickets:
Day one - go to MK
Day two - go to AK and DS
Day three - go to Epcot
Day four - go to MK

It really depends on the hopping!
or
look at the visit for October only this way:

instead of purchasing the 4 day park hopper tickets ($860)
you could purchase the 7 day base ticket for each ($764.68) with no options and you could use a ticket for each park you visit. This would give you three days of two parks and one day at a single park! Honestly, if these people have not been to WDW before IMHO they should not try to park hop too much because they would be wasting a lot of time going between parks when they could just relax a enjoy a full day at one!

This 7 day base idea will save you another $95 but all tickets must be used within 14 days of first use. Or you could get the no X for + $235 more but that would kill the savings. Anyway good luck!

Please note the above example WILL NOT WORK!

Let me clarify the Park Hopping Option on the Magic Your Way Ticket and same you some embarrassment at the entrance to the parks.

The Park Hopper option ($35 per ticket regardless of the ticket length or the age of the guest) will allow you to visit all 4 theme parks on each day of your ticket and "hop" between them.

When you buy a Magic Your Way Base Ticket (without the park hopping option) you can only visit ONE Theme Park per CALENDAR day. The turnstyles at the parks will NOT allow you to use more then one of the "days" on your ticket on the same date. The turnstyles will not unlock, and it will alert the Cast Member that you have visited a different park that day. The Cast Member will then direct you to either return to the same park you visited earlier or purchase the Park Hopping Option.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

JJHale

wannabeBelle said:
hey there I did an abbreviated Trip report on the Off Kilter Shrine with some pics posted over there of me cowbelling and such. Did you want the link or did we want to do one here? Belle
Belle - Please! A trip report here! Some of us don't surf the other sites. I for one would love to hear a trip report! Please????? :D

Sorry if this induces thread drift!!

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

bucklmd said:
I was going to start a new thread, but since this one is on similar topic, maybe someone can help. One of my friends is going to Disney for the first time ever Oct. 2-7th. It's for a family of 4 (2 parents and kids are ages 3-9).

Well, I was looking at package prices for her online through the Disney website and for a 5-nights stay at All-Star Sports, 4-day MYW tickets (PH option) and the dining plan offer, it comes to $1290.10. I mean, this seems a bit unbelievable to me. That is a GREAT deal. I keep thinking it's wrong, but I printed it out and it says under special rate type: Magic your way package with dining special offer.

What doesn't make sense about it, is that the park tickets alone are $600-$800 and from the offer icon I clicked on, it said the dining plan was $506 per adult and $166 per child. Well, add those up and you're way over the $1290 price.

Also, I noticed that the offer is only through Oct. 4 or 5. Since they are staying through those days, it is still offering it. Would that be right too? I would really appreciate any clerification anyone could provide.

The price you calculated is correct!

With the Stay, Play, and Dine Offer, you get non-discounted room, a non-discounted Magic Your Way Ticket of your choice (at the advance saving price if applicable), and the Disney Dinning Plan for FREE. If you price out the a Magic Your Way Package (room and tickets) without the "plus dinning" you will find you are paying the identical amount as you would with the Stay Play, and Dine offer, but you get the free meals and snacks for the length of your stay.

The offer needs to be booked by 8/20/05, and your travel dates must start between 8/21/05 and 10/4/05 for a stay of 3 to 10 nights. This offer is valid most nights but the number of packages available per Resort for this promotion is limited. No group rates or other discounts apply. All guest in the room must be on the same package with the same ticket length and options. When you call you can simply ask for this package by name: "Stay Play & Dine."

The normal price of the Disney Dinning plan for travel in 2005 is $35 per guest age 10+ per night, and $10 per guest age 3-9 per night for the length of your resort stay plus the cost of your room and Magic Your Way Tickets. The Disney Dinning Plan is part of a Walt Disney Travel Company Vacation Package and cannot be purchased separately. All dinning entitlements are pooled together for maximum flexibility and are valid from the moment you register at your resort on your check-in date, until midnight on the date you are scheduled to check-out.

This plan includes:

1 Table Service Meal (appitizer, entree, desert, beverage, tax, and tip)
1 Counter Service Meal (entree, desert, beverage, and tax)
1 Snack (select snack items only)
Per guest age 3+ per night of your stay

Upvote 0

bhg469

I was going over this deal in my head at full price, $35 a day, its still a steal. The funny thing is that on tv is $40 a day on the food network!! I keep thinking to myself thats not hard at all rachel just get the dining option ony your pass then i think, oh wait! Puerto Rico doesnt offer free dining.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
No Way!

JPVonDrake said:
Please note the above example WILL NOT WORK!

Let me clarify the Park Hopping Option on the Magic Your Way Ticket and same you some embarrassment at the entrance to the parks.

The Park Hopper option ($35 per ticket regardless of the ticket length or the age of the guest) will allow you to visit all 4 theme parks on each day of your ticket and "hop" between them.

When you buy a Magic Your Way Base Ticket (without the park hopping option) you can only visit ONE Theme Park per CALENDAR day. The turnstyles at the parks will NOT allow you to use more then one of the "days" on your ticket on the same date. The turnstyles will not unlock, and it will alert the Cast Member that you have visited a different park that day. The Cast Member will then direct you to either return to the same park you visited earlier or purchase the Park Hopping Option.

The stuff I have been reading since this new ticket system came out seemed to verify the theory but I am glad you corrected it! Thanks, JP! I knew I should of ran this info by you first! I will go back and edit my other post so as not to promote it!

Upvote 0

eaptmck

We are arriving 8/17 and leaving 8/22. We have purchased the Dining Plan already (and have trip insurance). Does anyone know if we can save SOME money for overlapping the dates of the free promotion?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

eaptmck said:
We are arriving 8/17 and leaving 8/22. We have purchased the Dining Plan already (and have trip insurance). Does anyone know if we can save SOME money for overlapping the dates of the free promotion?

Unfortunately no. You would have two options. Neither would save you any money.

One is to move your dates to arrive on or after 8/21/05. Your rate is always based on your arrival date, so you cannot change rates or offers in the middle of a package. Since you are now within 45 days of arrival, moving your dates would require payment of $60 in change fees, plus the re-purchase of a second vacation protection plan to cover your new dates. Your current insurance plan is non-refundable and your change is due to a personal change in plans so a claim cannot be made to re-coop these costs.

The second option would be to split your vacation into two separate continuing reservations. Each package reservation would require a MYW ticket, and you would have some overlapping meals on your check-out/check-in date. Since your you would need a 5 day package (full price) then a 1 day package (special offer price) each with a separate included MYW ticket it simply would not be cost effective to do this.

Either way, you would spend more then you would save by making any changes. Remember, you are still saving money even when you pay for the meal plan, so just enjoy your vacation in the Vacation Kingdom of the World!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

bucklmd

Thanks everyone for all the info. Truly appreciate the help! You know how usually things that are too good to be true usually are not true. Glad to know in this case it is. Sorry I can't take advantage, but my friend can. Also, sounds like maybe I'll be taking advantage of Disney dining plan next time we go. Thanks again!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom