News Free Dining Plan announced for Disney+ subscribers at Walt Disney World

JD80

I’m eating my words. After running a lot of numbers, the dining actually works for us. I’m guessing it’s because we have 5 people who can fit in the 5th sleeper rooms. Also the kids like character meals. I ran it against room discount price and the bounce back I originally booked.

Let me guess it's probably around double the savings of a room discount assuming your eating habits match closely to the DDP (TS + QS) per day?

seabreezept813

Let me guess it's probably around double the savings of a room discount assuming your eating habits match closely to the DDP (TS + QS) per day?
Actually the room discount and dining plan came out very close for us. The factors that pushed us to the dining plan were it allows my toddler and kindergartener to have their own meals (they usually share), we get an extra character meal, we can utilize the park hopper which we hadn't bought the last trip (bonus time in Epcot after AK), and I don't have to do math at every dinner to see if we're on budget..my husband can have steak every meal. So we just get more out of the discount it doesn't necessarily save us much more than the room discount.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to an update on the Walt Disney World website, the Free Dining deal for Disney+ subscribers will be available to book through February 14, 2024.

UNCgolf

I was just looking at a few random menus and noticed they have certain items asterisked as "Not available on the Disney Dining Plan".

Is that something new? I've never used the DDP nor had any interest in it, but I don't recall seeing such indications on the menus before. If it's new, I think that's a step in the right direction -- means restaurants would have the option to serve better dishes that aren't beholden to DDP margins.

JD80

I was just looking at a few random menus and noticed they have certain items asterisked as "Not available on the Disney Dining Plan".

Is that something new? I've never used the DDP nor had any interest in it, but I don't recall seeing such indications on the menus before. If it's new, I think that's a step in the right direction -- means restaurants would have the option to serve better dishes that aren't beholden to DDP margins.

That's been around before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom