free dining offer and value resort rooms

ebjjst

I read on other discussion forums that a limited number of rooms from each resort is set aside for people using the free dining option. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm wondering if I should I make our resort (All Stars of Pop Century) reservations as soon as the free dining option is offered in early April. Or can I wait until the 2010 MNSSHP dates are announced in early May? We really want to attend MNSSHP in late September, but don't want to lose the free dining offer. We can't afford to stay at a Moderate level resort, so getting a room at a value resort is also important.

disneygirl1

I read on other discussion forums that a limited number of rooms from each resort is set aside for people using the free dining option. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm wondering if I should I make our resort (All Stars of Pop Century) reservations as soon as the free dining option is offered in early April. Or can I wait until the 2010 MNSSHP dates are announced in early May? We really want to attend MNSSHP in late September, but don't want to lose the free dining offer. We can't afford to stay at a Moderate level resort, so getting a room at a value resort is also important.

I do believe that they put a certain number of rooms aside at each resort for the free dining promotion. I would book a room as soon as possible them revise your ressie once the offer is announced. As far as the MNSSHP dates go definitely book before they are announced. The dates are pretty comparable year to year, so that should be a good guide for you to use if you are trying to still decide when to go.

Enjoy, I love MNSSHP! It is by far my favor event that Disney has!

Upvote 0

disneydaft

There is a pretty good chance that the value resorts wont qualify for free dining this year.

The UK resident offer for free dining has been running for a while and is only for mods (quick service only) and higher. In past years it has included values as well.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Dscount promotions are a way to fill rooms, plain and simple.

When they're thinking about bumping occupancy levels by releasing a special offer, they'll look at their current reservations for a given time period and determine how many discount-rate rooms they can "afford" to give out to bring the occupancy rate up to the level they want. If a particular resort (or room category within a resort) is mostly sold out already, they won't offer a discount on those.

For example, if Courtyard View rooms at Wilderness Lodge are 95% sold out already, why offer a discount just to fill that remaining 5%?

But if Coronado Springs is only 50% booked, and they want to reach a target of 85%, you know they'll toss out a bunch of discounts to bump up the reservations there.

And if Disney could fill 100% of their hotel rooms at rack rate, then you'd never see discounts at all.

And once those pre-determined number of rooms are sold at discount, they're gone.

-Rob

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

Dscount promotions are a way to fill rooms, plain and simple.

When they're thinking about bumping occupancy levels by releasing a special offer, they'll look at their current reservations for a given time period and determine how many discount-rate rooms they can "afford" to give out to bring the occupancy rate up to the level they want. If a particular resort (or room category within a resort) is mostly sold out already, they won't offer a discount on those.

For example, if Courtyard View rooms at Wilderness Lodge are 95% sold out already, why offer a discount just to fill that remaining 5%?

But if Coronado Springs is only 50% booked, and they want to reach a target of 85%, you know they'll toss out a bunch of discounts to bump up the reservations there.

And if Disney could fill 100% of their hotel rooms at rack rate, then you'd never see discounts at all.

And once those pre-determined number of rooms are sold at discount, they're gone.

-Rob

Perfectly stated, Rob.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

As others stated, I would go ahead and book the room now (assuming you are going with or without free dining offer) to make sure you have a room. Then just update your reservation if free dining becomes available.

I am actually going in in a week or so to book our rooms for next March. Booking this early allows my brother and mother-in-law to make payments through the year and we just go in to our CAA office in August and switch the reservation over to a Magic Your Way package instead of just the room only reservation. Also makes the trip seem closer than it actually is and makes it OFFICIAL!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

There is a pretty good chance that the value resorts wont qualify for free dining this year.

The UK resident offer for free dining has been running for a while and is only for mods (quick service only) and higher. In past years it has included values as well.

Last year they had Free Quick Service Dining, with the possibility of paying to upgrade to the Basic Dining.

To clarify, I stayed at POP in September and I got the regular free dining plan. It was when they extended the offer to run past October 3rd that it was modified that the values received the quick service dining plan and mods and deluxes got the regular dinning plan.

If they do in fact do the same thing this year where values get QSD and you decide to stay at a value resort, you can pay the difference and upgrade to the basic dining plan just so you are aware.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Rob stated this one perfectly. If you are booking a room now, with the hopes of upgrading the the Free Dining promotion later, Keep in mind that you may not be able to get the Free Dining offer at the resort you want. As Rob said if a resort is at occupancy levels that have been targeted there may not be any offers available at the resort you have selected based on the number of rooms previously booked at rack rate, including your reservation. Are you willing to change resorts to get the deal you want? If you have your heart set on that resort, I would agree and tell you to book as soon as possible. Certainly you can try to modify the reservation if any offers become available. If you arent set on that particular resort, I dont see the harm in waiting to see what is available with the discounted offers as they are offered. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom