Free Dining has been released to the public today!!!

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
As was anticipated by many, Free Dining has been released to the public today for most nights from August 28th -September 24th!!! :sohappy:

ggauthier82

I don't see it yet on DisneyWorld's web site? Could this be for Americans only?? I only see the room discounts valid until August 13..... :confused:

Not that I could use the free dining, as my dates aren't included, but I'm just curious! :shrug:

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
I don't see it yet on DisneyWorld's web site? Could this be for Americans only?? I only see the room discounts valid until August 13..... :confused:

Not that I could use the free dining, as my dates aren't included, but I'm just curious! :shrug:

Yes, its there. Look under special offers. Dont know if its different for out of the country guests; I would assume not though.

Ausdaddy

It's a really small window this year. I booked over the weekend with the Disney Visa deal. My wife told me that she wouldn't go until after my daughter's birthday. The last day of the offer is my daughter's birthday! LOL. I told my wife she would have to make an exception. We need the free dining. My son will eat me out of house an home without it. :lol:

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
It's a really small window this year. I booked over the weekend with the Disney Visa deal. My wife told me that she wouldn't go until after my daughter's birthday. The last day of the offer is my daughter's birthday! LOL. I told my wife she would have to make an exception. We need the free dining. My son will eat me out of house an home without it. :lol:

Yeah, me too. When I'm on vacation, I eat as best I can!:D

powlessfamily4

Just changed my reservations.... I am staying at a value ASM. With the upgraded dinning and photobook purchase (must buy the photo package in order to get the free dinning). I am still saving right at $300. I am sooo stoked!!

Raven66

I just moved our trip back one day to take advantage of the free dining. He did't mention the photo book. Could you tell me what it is please?

Ausdaddy

I just moved our trip back one day to take advantage of the free dining. He did't mention the photo book. Could you tell me what it is please?

Description below. I was aware of it, but they didn't bother mentioning it on the phone either. Essentially, your getting a 20 page scrapbook.

"Disney's Photo Book is a wonderful keepsake of photos from your Disney vacation! With many cover options available, ranging from embossed leather to a custom photo cover, Disney's Photo Book is easily customized to fit your personal style. Choose from hundreds of pre-defined page layouts, photo frames and sticker options. The standard Photo Book includes 20 pages (10 double-sided sheets). Up to 40 additional pages can be added at additional cost. "

powlessfamily4

They probably just lumped it into your package and forgot to tell you. Make sure you get your book!! I was told we can choose all our own backgrounds and add additional pages over the original 20 for $3.50 per page. I was encouraged to make good use of my photo pass with Disney photograpgers so I could have a "Magical memory book to pass down to generations". Awwwww how cute was that?? I upgraded my dinning and still I am saving $$ over my original reservation. Fun fun fun! Se ya there!! :sohappy:

Ok.. I edited this because I was able to track down the "details" on the special offer page. The representative I spoke with said it was a $90 purchase, but you had to purchase it to get the free dinning. If you go to the web side and look here

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy11q4dine&market=fy11q4dine

and click the see important details link under the dinning plan, it will take you to the information. You can also just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am posting the infor here:

Disney's PhotoPass Service
Relive your Disney vacation memories with a Disney's PhotoPass® Photo Book! Tell your Disney story with our personalized Photo Book. Choose from several layouts and designs for each page including adding captions and or full pages of text. Choose from six different cover designs, or select the glossy, hard-cover option customized with your favorite photo! Standard pricing for Disney's Photo Book includes 20 pages. Pages are added in increments of 2 (a spread) for $3.50 per each additional spread.

Online registration required. There is no charge to use Disney's PhotoPass Service to capture, view or share your photos. Prints and other products are available for purchase. Photos must be claimed within 30 days of being taken. Once claimed, they will be available for 30 days from claim date. Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos. Promotion code is a one-time use only and cannot be combined with any other offers. Promotion code will be provided as a voucher in your travel documents and will expire on 1/31/2012. Promotion code is not redeemable for cash in whole or in part. Promotion code holds no cash value. Promotion code is a one-time use code which will remove the cost of one (1) Disney's PhotoPass Photo Book with 20 pages. Standard domestic or International shipping charges will also be removed from your order. Offer does not include duties or value-added taxes, which may be assessed and are the responsibility of the package recipient. If additional pages are added to the Disney's PhotoPass Photo Book, additional products are added to this order, or Express shipping options selected, additional charges will apply upon final check out from DisneyPhotoPass.com.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I'm glad that they are doing it again but it is a rather small window of time. I wonder if they are planning another discount for the end of the year or if they are thinking the economy has turned around and they don't need to offer as many discounts. My DH and I are hoping for a spectacular discount for beginning of the year - but I am not holding my breath.

Ausdaddy

By making you purchase the photopass book, Disney has found yet another way to reduce the savings of free dining. Sad, but true. With my son over the 10 year barrier, it's still the best deal for me.

So which dining plan is free? Just the basic 2 QS meals and 2 snacks plan?
For the Values, it's QS. Regular DDP for the rest.

powlessfamily4

If your on the QS plan you always have the option of paying the difference and upgrading to the regular DDP. I found I still saved money even with the upgrade.

Raven66

Thanks for explanations!! This is the first time we've had the dining plan so I'm just trying to feel my way around.:eek: So, if we get to Disney and decide we want the regular dining plan we can upgrade?

powlessfamily4

I don't know if you can do it once you are there. I wouldn't see why not. You can definitely do it while in the planning stage. It was like $15 per person per day. Sooo worth it! :)

Mr.Stitch

I wouldn't wait until you get there to upgrade as you most likely need ADR to get into many of the restaurants. We are staying at a value and paying for the upgraded dining package. It is still cheaper than a moderate resort, and we are used to having the basic dining plan as we have booked a trip every year with the free dining plan since they started running the promo. I could't afford to go every year without it. Disney has been reducing the value of it it every year though. The first time we booked you received an appetizer as well as dessert and the tip was included. We would usually leave an additional gratuity if the service was especially good. The appetizer was taken out of the package, then the gratuity and now you have to pay extra for basic dining if you stay at a value. If they change the offer much more, there won't be anything 'free' about it.

Bri1121

I wouldn't wait until you get there to upgrade as you most likely need ADR to get into many of the restaurants. We are staying at a value and paying for the upgraded dining package. It is still cheaper than a moderate resort, and we are used to having the basic dining plan as we have booked a trip every year with the free dining plan since they started running the promo. I could't afford to go every year without it. Disney has been reducing the value of it it every year though. The first time we booked you received an appetizer as well as dessert and the tip was included. We would usually leave an additional gratuity if the service was especially good. The appetizer was taken out of the package, then the gratuity and now you have to pay extra for basic dining if you stay at a value. If they change the offer much more, there won't be anything 'free' about it.

I have heard this too. We have never done the DP. We have small kids who dont eat much and always have food with us. But we were on the fence this year and reading you post makes me think we made the right decision not to do it!

Raven66

Well, we already have some ADR's from before we switched to the CS dining plan. We wanted to wait and see if we wanted to upgrade. I figure if we could wait until we get there it would give us more time to decide what we want to do. We don't eat a ton of food while we are there. I don't know we are just straddling the fence.

R W B

How much is it to upgrade from the quick service dining plan to the table service dining plan if you don't mind me asking?

DisneyJoe

if we get to Disney and decide we want the regular dining plan we can upgrade?

I know for certain that you cannot add the dining plan at check in, it must be done at least 3 days before arrival.

I'm not sure if the front desk is equipped to upgrade packages at check in time.

I'd call and ask Disney Reservations before you arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom