Free dining for September

docdebbi

one or the other. sorry.
do the math, check out online menus, what you would probably eat, and how much it would cost, then add price of room and tickets.
then calculate again with free dining and what you would still have to add to free dining like alcohol, signature restaurants that use up 2 credits, etc, and see which is better for you.
pain in the neck, but i do it most times and believe it or not, with our dining patterns, room discount is better.

Upvote 0

pmaljr

We appreciate the post. For the two of us (no kids), this is the better deal. We have to get the infamous 40% off room discount for this to not be the better deal.

Upvote 0

sublimesting

http://www.disneybyjoe.com/2014/04/free-dining-is-returning-for-2014.html

Since this is not official, I didn't want to post in the Dining area of the forum.
I did want to ask that since we are already booked for Sept with a room discount, would we be able to take advantage of free dining and still get the room discount or would we have to choose one or the other?
Thanks.
This is great news (hopefully). Is this Joe fellow accurate? I've never seen his blog before.

Upvote 0

belledream

Yup, it's one or the other. Otherwise, that would be too good to be true. We chose 'Free Dining' last year because we were staying at All Star Movies and the room discount wasn't as sizeable as it could've been had we been staying at a moderate or deluxe. Also, we are big eaters and enjoy trying lots of everything, and made sure were had ADRs for restaurants that were of good value to the plan. At an extra $20 a day/person/day, we felt comfortable knowing that we would definitely be spending $20+ on a table service restaurant anywhere, and throw in a basically free quick service, and the fact that we tried many new things we wouldn't normally splurge on, it was worth it to us.

It's all up to you and your party's needs!

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

So excited about this news! I can finally start working on our Fall trip! My 6 year old wants to go to Disney for his 7th Bday. His actual birthday is 10/10, but we will be celebrating in September! Cannot wait! We are also keeping this a secret, or at least TRY!

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

As already said, it's one or the other. Like @docdebbi do the math and check. There are only two of us and it works better to take the discount for the room and pay for our meals as we go. It really depends on whether or not you eat big meals that include dessert. We don't eat that much food, so it's not worth it. If you're wanting a way to have it 'paid' before you go, use Disney gift cards. I just occasionally pick one up and by the time we travel our meals are paid for, as well as most extras.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

We are already booked at French quarter with a fd bounceback, but I hope it is available for all of you! We find it a much better savings then a room discount for my hubby and I, and I love the convenience if everything being payed for in advance!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom