Free Dining for Sept '08

Diane Hughess

Original Poster
I just got home from 10 days in the World. The day before checkout, I got a flyer in my room that said if I booked & put a $200 deposit on a visit for next September prior to checkout, I'd receive a special rate which included Free Dining. It just said to book for next Sept., it didn't have any restrictions written other than the trip could only be for next September. After 10 days of a heat index over 100, I will NEVER go back in Aug/Sept! We went to Le Cellier twice, and the host there said they were booked for dinner until Jan. 9th!! Coral Reef was booked for dinner through Sept. 23rd. We went to Alfredo's which is closing at the end of the month. The waiter said they were pretty much guarenteed jobs with the new restaurant, but that he felt sorry for the kitchen staff, who were NOT promised anything. As Teppanyaki was closed for refurb., DRS gave us "VIP seating for Illuminations". I was so excited. Turns out, they roped off an area where Future World feeds into World Showcase (between two stores) and our "seating" was not on chairs, but on the ground, on our butts!! Yes, it was a good view, but they could have thrown in some seats for our tired , weary, and hot aching bodies!!

zjer

I really hope that free dining is not included in 2008. After a few years of it, I would rather pay for my food and not have to deal with the dining crowds.

DISMOM

Late Sept, 08, may not be so hot and humid. This has been an unusual summer. It's great to know that at least someone is offered free dining for next fall. What resort did you stay at?

DisneyJoe

I really hope that free dining is not included in 2008. After a few years of it, I would rather pay for my food and not have to deal with the dining crowds.

Too late, I'm afraid.

It's already being offered to UK residents by some travel providers, and as a bounce back promo offer for those currently in WDW during the month of September at certain resorts for next September.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Just got back from POP. If I remember correctly, the flyer I saw stated it must be at least a 5 night stay. I'll check it when I get home and post more info.

Chezman1399

I stayed at the Poly this weekend I had the same flyer in the room, although I'm a Cast member so it doesn't do me any good :cry:

Disneyfan1981

Its times like this that being a teacher has its drawbacks....I will never be able to visit WDW in September. Although having the opportunity to visit from June to August or two week in March or two weeks in December makes up for it. Lol. I wonder how wide spread Free Disney Dining will be in 2008 especially since there are changes in the works for it no?

Diane Hughess

Original Poster
I stayed at POR. The 'letter' states:
"Dear Guest, Welcome to Disney's Prt Orleans Resort! We wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope you're ready to have a great time! To help kick off the excitement, we'd like to offer you an amazing deal during an amazing time of year. Come back and stay with us again next September and get a very special offer that includes the DISNEY DINING PLAN!! For more details, just review the attached flyer or call 8844" Please keep in mind, in order to take advantage of this special dining offer, you must book and make a deposit before checkout (on or before Sept. 28, 2007)" Then the flyer says "Dreaming of your next Disney Vacation? FREE DINING with this Vacation Package! Buy either f these Vaca Packages with Hotel and Theme Park Tickets and get the Disney Dining Plan FREE!" "Visit us again in Sept. 2008 and you can enjoy this 5-night/6-Day Walt Disney World Resort vacation package and stay right in the middle of the magic. To take advantage of this offer, book either of these packages and make a deposit of $200 on or prior to your check-out date. You'll enjoy savings of $189" The examples are: Select Moderate Resorts $653 per adult , Select Deluxe Resorts $1189 per adult. 5-nt/6-day, most nights 8/30-9/27/08.

kubfish

Thenk you for spelling "dining" correctly. I think it's the most misspelled work on these forums!

Now I am far from the grammar police but please... you misspelled a word in your post. ALA WORK=WORD. My biggest pet peeve is people that think they are better or above others. Its a message board, not a spelling bee or some clinical paper for your phd. Unless of course you were joking since you also mistyped Thank... if thats the case / intentional, my bad and LOL :)

As far as the free dining, I hope they continue. Its our first trip in days and I am already thinking ahead for a future trip. DLR is first but I say WDW within the next few years and I will go during the free DP if they have it.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Is this something you can call from home for? Or something you have to book while at the resort. I'll be there before the deadline, but thought maybe I could work ahead.

Murtieeee

"It's already being offered to UK residents by some travel providers, and as a bounce back promo offer for those currently in WDW during the month of September at certain resorts for next September."

Could you please specify which travel providers as I would certainly be interested.

Thanks

bhg469

They did something similiar to this last year. I guess its a great way to offer free dining and not have it be so popular that you won't have to make adr's 6 months in advance.

SallyShine

Now I am far from the grammar police but please... you misspelled a word in your post. ALA WORK=WORD. My biggest pet peeve is people that think they are better or above others. Its a message board, not a spelling bee or some clinical paper for your phd. Unless of course you were joking since you also mistyped Thank... if thats the case / intentional, my bad and LOL :)

Ouch!

hcswingfield

Ouch Ouch Ouch! If you noticed in my original post, I was not correcting anyone's spelling, I was complimenting the OP on spelling "dining" correctly. I think I have shown enormous restraint in not correcting the many people who have spelled it "dinning." Perhaps you could exercise a bit of restraint yourself, especially since your pet peeve is people who think they are better than others. Also, as long as we are picking nits here, spelling and grammar are NOT the same thing. You may not be the grammar police, but I think you have now qualified as being a member of the spelling police. BTW, I have corrected "work" to "word" in my original post. Can we all go back to chatting now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom