Freaks & Geeks dvd set

Erika

Original Poster
Does anyone else have this?

My brother gave it to me for my birthday. I still say it was one of the best tv shows ever. Too bad NBC did not give it more of a chance.

I could watch this stuff all day :lol:

Erika

Original Poster
Freaks & Geeks was a show about the opposite ends of the high school spectrum- the "freaks" end centers around Lindsay and her friends, upperclassmen, and the "geeks" are her brother Sam and his freshman friends.

It took place in 1980 and was often compared to The Wonder Years.

The show was a critical favorite but as I said above, NBC never gave it much of a chance. They'd air one episode, then 3 weeks of something different, then another episode, then re-run the same episode, then another few weeks of something else- you get the picture.

A better description can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001EQHXO/103-0120040-0816633?v=glance

GenerationX

Freaks & Geeks was an extremely accurate (painfully at times) depiction of high school in 1980. Outstanding in every way. Well-observed details, excellent acting, and some of the best writing I've ever seen in a TV show. I was heartbroken when it was cancelled, and I even went to the Museum of Broadcast Communications in downtown Chicago to see the three episodes that had never aired. I met the creators/producers/main writers of the show, Paul Feig & Judd Apatow, who were very cool guys. They were also the brains behind Undeclared, another short-lived but great show.

Needless to say, I not only have the Freaks & Geeks DVDs, but the bonus set packaged in a yearbook with all sorts of extras from the show. Highly recommended to all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom