Frank Thomas Passed Away Last Night

DisneyWood

Thank you

HauntedPirate said:
My condolences to his family and all those who knew and worked with him. He will be missed.

I didn't really know Mr. Frank Thomas, but after reading how many characters he brought to life, WOW. He will be missed. He brought so much happiness to us over the years. I had no idea he was responsible for so many characters.

My condolences go to his family and loved ones. Please know that he touch a lot of peoples lives through his work. He is back working with Walt now.

Thanks for your dedication and years of work to bring joy to so many strangers.

fngoofy

How about a little more upbeat discussion of the man's life and work.

I would love to hear and learn more.

I just say this because most of the post are so sad, I mean the guy lived to 91. Last time I checked we all die at some point, lets save the sadness for those that go too early or in bad ways.

Lets remember him like they would in New Orleans, with song, drink, and good storys that celebrate his life and work.

So, let's hear some talk about a great man and Disney legend.

What was in your opinion some of his best work?

rosebud's mom

It would be impossible to single out any one thing as his best work. He was part of the magic that was Disney in the beginning. 91 is a long and creative life. I'm sure he and Walt are collaberating again ! I hope his family knows how well-respected he was.

Gregory

fngoofy said:
How about a little more upbeat discussion of the man's life and work.

I would love to hear and learn more.

I just say this because most of the post are so sad, I mean the guy lived to 91. Last time I checked we all die at some point, lets save the sadness for those that go too early or in bad ways.

Lets remember him like they would in New Orleans, with song, drink, and good storys that celebrate his life and work.

So, let's hear some talk about a great man and Disney legend.

What was in your opinion some of his best work?

Thats what I was thinking, too... Actually, I came to the conclusion that, in a way, he saved both Disney and animation, with his scene with the dwarfs sitting around Snow White's glass coffin. I have a more detailed version on my site, but basically he turned "Walt's Folly" info Walts greatest peice of work, and saved him from losing everything (if that happened, nobody today would know who Walt Disney even was)... Also, if Snow White failed, we probably would never see another animated movie again.

Also, I guess nobody really knows his real age... I mean, the official Disney site says he was born in 1913, while his site says 1912. Disney has a date (September 5th), but a lot of sources have September 14th as his birthday. So, he's either 91 or 92, I believe...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom