France Exec. Chef retires no timeline on table service

i will certainly 100% concede to the huge variety. I’m not anti-Epcot food, but for someone who lives in NYC and is lucky enough to experience more authentic cuisine in one of the world’s biggest melting pots, it can be hard sometimes to overlook the differences present in theme park dining. But as another poster stated, go in with the right theme park mindset and it’s actually well above average. Like my wife says, I’m just turning into a food snob
. I agree. I ❤️ NY

Chris767

In my opinion, Restaurant Marrakesh is the most underrated restaurant in Epcot. You can almost always walk in, the Entertainment is really good, and I’ve always had a good meal there.

There also unfortunately isn’t as much Mediterranean cuisine restaurants, at least widespread, in Florida like there is for every other type of cultural food at Epcot, so it does feel a little more unique. The prices are more reasonable than some other restaurants at Epcot too.

GoneViral

For me, Chefs de France answers the question of which will, Cast Member Courtesy or Snooty French Obnoxiousness. It's the latter. I swear that some of the hosts there compete to show who can antagonize the most customers each day.

GoneViral

Perhaps they're just allergic to obnoxious guests?
Mom?

Seriously, though. I know that I'm kind of scary looking, but I had multiple abrasive responses to the comment of, "Hi, we'd like to check in." One of them came when my in-laws were wearing 50th-anniversary buttons.

My wife speaks fluent French, which helps some, but we always joke about the hosts giving strangers grief when we walk by the place. We took it out of the rotation because of the hosts, which is a shame since I'm someone who watches old Bocuse D'or clips on YouTube.

billem

For me, Chefs de France answers the question of which will, Cast Member Courtesy or Snooty French Obnoxiousness. It's the latter. I swear that some of the hosts there compete to show who can antagonize the most customers each day.

My personal experience is completely different. I have had some of the friendliest waiters at Chefs de France that I have had in all of WDW, which I generally consider to be a high standard. I have eaten there 3 times and never been treated anything but courteously.

GoneViral

My personal experience is completely different. I have had some of the friendliest waiters at Chefs de France that I have had in all of WDW, which I generally consider to be a high standard. I have eaten there 3 times and never been treated anything but courteously.

Yes, one of the fascinating things about life is that everything can be different depending on a split second, which is why I'm always up for Sliding Doors-type movies and TV shows. As a point of clarification, the servers at Chefs de France have been fine. It's the hosts who have been decidedly un-Disney, which is problematic since they're the front face of the guest experience. But I'm sincerely glad that your visits have been diametrically opposed to mine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom