Fragrances in lobbies...

Are fragrances in the lobby a good idea or a bad one?

• Sounds good to me!

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No way, not worth it if it's going to make people sick

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • I don't see why they need to do it

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Depends on the fragrance

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

pixiesteno

I also have problems with fragrances and have for years. My doctor calls it environmental asthma. The worst for me is Axe, that boy perfume is horrible. I really think piping fragrances into the hotels is a bad idea because so many people are sensitive. I know that when we were staying at the resort rooms that I would take my own pillow and pillow case because the laundry detergents would leave my face all red and dry. This is one of the many reasons why we like to take our travel trailer and stay at FWC. We have our own bedding and no one is spraying any scents in my travel trailer and getting away with it. ;)

omurice

If it's not too strong, like the grapes riding Soarin', and does not make anyone ill, I'm for it. Some salty sea air I'd swear caught that scent in one lobby at an EPCOT resort some time ago, and it was not overwhelming.
edit - a straight perfume smell (like Laila at the Norway shops)? that's really too much!

minniemickeyfan

I'm with you! Disney should remove all of these smells that can bother people. I cannot tolerate it and I have had to leave a hotel before because of the flowery smell. My throat felt locked up like I can't breathe. Haven't noticed this at Disney yet, but I usually stay at the moderates

4401DisneyMom

I too can be bothered with migraines triggered by heavy perfumes, but the resort scents have never been a problem. I LOVE the smell of the Grand when you return after a long day!

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
I too can be bothered with migraines triggered by heavy perfumes, but the resort scents have never been a problem. I LOVE the smell of the Grand when you return after a long day!
Unfortunately they've changed them, at least for my visit. The one at Poly just smelled of perfume, and though that particular one didn't bother my asthma, it gave me a horrible headache

trylon57

I like the scent they use in the lobby at Pop Century. You could bring me in there blind-folded and I would know exactly where I was. But my wife sometimes drags me to go shopping with her at Target, and that place uses a scent in its stores that I dont like. The second you step in to Target, there is no doubt as to where you are!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom