FP+ up for Christmas week

Ariel484

Just curious, did you already receive your magic bands? We're going in the middle of January and still trying to figure out how this works.
I haven't received mine yet and I'm checking in on 12/28. Per MDE I have until 11/27 to customize the band. It should ship right after and be sitting on my front porch 1-2 days later (at least that was my experience with the bands we got for our trip coming up in 2 weeks). I think the option to start customizing the bands popped up last week for the December trip and we'll be able to start picking fastpasses at the 60-day mark (Tuesday). So keep checking MDE until the customization option pops up. :)

Donal Duck

For those who have just made FP+ reservations, do you know what time it became available ?

For example, this Monday I will be 60 days out.
Will I be able to make them at midnight or later in the day ?

Donal Duck

Made my FP+ reservations today. 60 days out.
It took a while to do. There are a lot of screens you have to go to make 1 reservation.
There was also a problem with the number of people selected. We have 5 in our party and I always
selected everyone but for some reason it didn't always make it for 5.
I was able to get the rides I wanted, so I'm happy.
:)

Ariel484

For whatever reason I was able to get some of my FP+ selections in today...my 60-day mark is tomorrow but it's sort of become a habit for me to check this morning and there they were. I'm not sure if it's because I have an AP (which expires January 10 or something) or what. But since I'm not at 60 days there's no online check-in option so apparently you don't have to check in online to get the FP+ selections going (again, probably because we have APs).

WHAT A PAIN this system has been for me today. :mad: It's been like pulling teeth!

First issue - and I think we all already know this - the site slow as molasses.

Second - it occasionally tells me that the members of my party (me and husband) have exceeded our maximum number of FP+ for the type of tickets we have. Most of the time I'd close out of the window I was in and re-open and it would then let me select FP+. :confused: Oooookay? Right now it's not letting me pick for the last 2 days of our trip based on the "type of tickets associated with my MDE account" or something. Again, we both have APs that don't expire until the week after we're leaving, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Oh, and it also won't tell me that I'm not allowed to get the FP+ until I've already clicked through the 5-6 screens on the slooooooow sight...so I select the rides and times and just when I think I've got them done it pops up saying that I've reached my max limit, and I get no FP+. :mad: Giant waste of time. I'll be curious to see if these last couple of days open up later this week.

Third - Some of the FP+ and changes I've made don't show up in my itinerary on the MDE site, which makes me nervous that they didn't go through. But then I check it in the app on my phone and act like I want to change the times and the correct ones that I want show up there! This is concerning because it's not like ADRs where you have a confirmation number to prove that it actually exists. I think the best I'll be able to do will be to take screenshots of the correct times in the app each day, but that might not matter if they don't translate to the band.

And lastly (not as big of a deal) there aren't any Illuminations fastpasses up yet. I think I heard those will pop up sometime in November.

I don't think this will make or break my trip or anything (I REFUSE to let it ruin the trip if things don't work well) but these issues are frustrating.

:arghh: :arghh: :arghh:

Ariel484

UPDATE:

Today was my 60-day mark and I did online check-in. I still can't book FP+ for the last 2 days of my trip, so I'll be giving Disney a call tonight. :rolleyes:

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
UPDATE:

Today was my 60-day mark and I did online check-in. I still can't book FP+ for the last 2 days of my trip, so I'll be giving Disney a call tonight. :rolleyes:

Remember you are allowed 60+10 only, so if your vacation is 12 days, you have to add your 11th and 12th days as the 70 day mark comes up.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I ran into a major issue with my FP+ reservations for the second half of my vacation...

My APs expire about the half-way mark of our stay, we have resort reservations from the 21st to the 3rd but my APs expire on the 27th. As such, I cannot make any FP+ reservations until everyones APs are renewed. But the catch is, we had to purchase 2-day PH tickets to get free dining this year and have to wait until we arrive to apply the price to our AP renewal. Two members of my party are not AP holders and are limitied to two days total until their tickets are upgraded to 10 days but we don't want to upgrade the entire party of five either... UGH

The inability to reserve FP+ 60 days out if your APs expire is going to be an issue I see coming up for more than a few folks, I guess time will tell.

Ariel484

If you call them they will manually enter your FP+ to include the check out day. I had the same issue.
Thank you for letting me know about this!

So I called Disney yesterday (using a tech support number posted in another thread) and it sounds like the reason I wasn't able to make those last 2 days worth had to do with how my reservation is set up. We're renting points and were originally hoping to do a split stay. So I made the first part of our reservation at the 11-month mark. When I went to make the second part of our reservation there was no availability! o_O So I ended up making that second part of the reservation at the same resort as the first part. So we're at the same resort all week but under 2 different confirmation numbers (hope they don't make us switch rooms!).

So yesterday was the 60-day mark for my first reservation and according to the CM the system knows that the 60-day mark for the second part of my reservation hasn't happened yet. It might also be that the second part of my reservation starts 12/31 - right at the end of testing. So supposedly it should work for me when my second 60-day mark comes up (Thursday or Friday I guess). If it doesn't I get to call back and have them enter the FP+ manually as @Kbfarms says above.

Also, MDE is crashing like crazy for me today. :grumpy: I'll be glad when all my FP+ are booked and I don't have to think about this crap anymore!!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Are they not doing fp+ for New Years? I have a stay booked from 12/30-1/2 and can make reservations for 1/1 and 1/2, but not 12/30 or 12/31. Glitch, or is this the plan during that busy time?

Ariel484

Are they not doing fp+ for New Years? I have a stay booked from 12/30-1/2 and can make reservations for 1/1 and 1/2, but not 12/30 or 12/31. Glitch, or is this the plan during that busy time?
I have FP+ for those days. Might be worth a call...though it seems their system is definitely struggling today. :grumpy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom