FP+ meltdown part x

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Once again FastPass+ had another failure today.

This time however the guest came out tops; at DHS you could hold TSMM, RnRC and TOT passes at the same time.

At Epcot you could have both a Soarin' and Test Track Fastpass at the same time.

Think it'll catch on?

RSoxNo1

I checked online and the app after seeing the report and the tiers were still there. I've said it many times, if you reduce the number of advanced bookings to 1 or even 2 they could eliminate the tiers. I suspect that they will use the 3rd Toy Story track and 3rd Soarin' theater as an excuse to eliminate tiers.

peter11435

Any reports of insane wait times for TT and Soarin? Stand by I mean.
This would not effect the overall number of fastpasses distributed. It would however mean available fastpasses for those headliner attractions would have all been distributed quicker than normal.

Bolt

Once again FastPass+ had another failure today.

This time however the guest came out tops; at DHS you could hold TSMM, RnRC and TOT passes at the same time.

At Epcot you could have both a Soarin' and Test Track Fastpass at the same time.

Think it'll catch on?
Also - this subject has been moved out of News and Rumors two times today. Scroll down and you'll see.

wdwfan4ver

What happened today is why I strongly feel Fast Pass Plus and Next Gen going to Disneyland Paris is a bad idea.

I am mentioning Disneyland Paris because according to a blog called Disney and More, Disney wants NextGen first launch to be in 2017.That means the Walt Disney Company want Disneyland Paris to spend their bailout money on NextGen instead of fixing the 2 parks by doing stuff like getting a Star Tours E ticket that isn't Star Tours 2.0 as an example:banghead:.

I know there is still time before 2017, but highly doubt the glitch problems will be gone by then. The even bigger issue is the amount of cash is need to fix these glitches.

GiveMeTheMusic

A family friend called last night because they were heading to the MK today. They are total Disney theme park virgins, and had never even heard of marquee rides like Pirates, Splash, etc.

It took over an hour to explain to them FastPass+, an additional half hour to explain DAS (they have a wheelchair in the party) and more time on top of that to explain why the park closed at 7 today (MNSSHP).

I would LOVE to Rasulo/Franklin/Staggs/MacPhee to be forced to explain FP+ to first time day guests. Maybe if that had happened in 2009 this madness would never have gotten approved.

It's WAY too complicated. All family X from Sheboigan wants to do is show up, ride rides, meet characters, watch shows, eat, leave. Disney has made it rocket science and it's a damn shame.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I'm not sure how FastPass+ would take an hour to explain.

Hey, pick times with your park tickets.

Great, now go to those rides and your assigned time.

End scene.

"Why"?

" why do I need to reserve times? What if I don't want to ride it then? What if we are still having lunch? Why do these rides need it more than those rides? Why are the wait times so high? Does the pass thing mean I can only ride a few rides a day? Does it cost money? What if I wanna ride something twice? What happens if the ride breaks down? What if there's a nasty rainstorm and we stay at the hotel? What if the rain closes down the rides?"

"Why do you have to reserve time for a meet n greet, don't the characters just walk around?"

These are only HALF of the questions I've had to answer while explaining the new system to my Mom.

Her reply was, "what was wrong with the old system?"

I didn't have an answer.

Slowjack

I'm not sure how FastPass+ would take an hour to explain.

Hey, pick times with your park tickets.

Great, now go to those rides and your assigned time.

End scene.
Oh, come now. You are forgetting: Tiers. Getting more FastPass Plus tickets after you have used the first three. That the tickets are not just for rides, but also for preferred seating for things you can see without Fastpass. That you can get Fastpass-like paper tickets for some things, which even includes a restaurant, that may or may not be part of the FastPass Plus system. That you can make reservations in advance, but how far in advance will vary based on various factors. And so on. The rules keep expanding like the tax code.

G00fyDad

Every person I've tried to explain the Fast Pass+ system to have gotten it on the first try with no confusion. Its not that hard. I think some people are making it hard because they still don't like it and still don't want to use it. The system is only as confusing as you let it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom