FP+ For Frozen

becca_

Original Poster
My FP+ day is coming up (2 months from tomorrow but who's counting!) and I was wondering if anyone could give me insight as to how fast the fast passes for Frozen Ever After go. Will I be able to get them if I don't choose my time immediately?

Thanks in advance! :D

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You will need to try immediately at 7am eastern online as they go very fast. Yes some could come up later but definitely need to try first thing in the morning. Same with mine train as well. :)

DfromATX

We did our Frozen FP for 2:00 p.m. and rode Soarin' first thing when we got there (and whatever else we could in between). I hate that you can't do both. I'll never forget that day because a storm blew in before our FP and we ran, ducked for cover, ran, etc. all the way to Frozen. It was packed but of course our wait was minimal. To answer your question, I think if you wait you'll still get a FP, but it may be an odd time (like 2:00).

With the mine train, we did that one for 10 a.m. and we got everything else in Fantasyland ridden before 10. It was great! That's the first ride everyone heads to when the park opens. Right at opening it was already a 45 minute wait. This was in July.

Minnie Mum

The demand for Frozen FPs doesn't seem to have declined. Before my 60 day, I'd already figured out which days we'd be going to Epcot, and since our 2nd Epcot day was close to the end of our trip, I chose that day for Frozen. I knew that I'd have a better chance of getting a Frozen FP for that day, since not a lot of people would have had that day fall inside their trip (yet). And it worked. I was able to get a 1:00 pm FP, which was perfect for us. When I went back later that night to try to modify it, availability was greatly reduced ( but I was trying for 5 people).

SDMT was my second priority. I got it on the day I wanted it, and only 2 hours later than the time that was ideal for us. I had no trouble getting any of the other initial FPs for the rest of our trip.

Dizney Crew

Both Frozen and SDMT are Extremely hard to get good FP times for, we only can get them for late in the day if anything. But something to consider if you have no intentions on seeing Wishes or the castle show the wait time on SDMT goes down extremely quick, often times you can get on in less then 30 mins in the stand-by line, this is what we do when we're at MK.

jbolen2

So do the fp open up at 7am et for 60 days from that current date or from that date and the rest of your trip? Example family a is there 20-27th family b is there 22-29th, does this allow family a to get a jump on family b by 2 days on picking out passes for the 22-27 over family b.

Ted Daggett

I went to EPCOT on December 9, and 60 days prior to my trip I went online to book my FP+ at 7:00 am for 5 people. The first available FP+ was 7:50 pm. That day I did standby on Soarin with a 45 min wait, and two rides on Test Track with 40 minute waits each time. Unfortunately Epcot was our first park of our vacation, so I didn't get the benefit of being out more than 60 days which hurt us.

On our 3rd day of the vacation we went to MK, and @ the 60 day prior date I mentioned earlier, I got 7DMT FP+ for 9:05 am.

21stamps

I went to EPCOT on December 9, and 60 days prior to my trip I went online to book my FP+ at 7:00 am for 5 people. The first available FP+ was 7:50 pm. That day I did standby on Soarin with a 45 min wait, and two rides on Test Track with 40 minute waits each time. Unfortunately Epcot was our first park of our vacation, so I didn't get the benefit of being out more than 60 days which hurt us.

On our 3rd day of the vacation we went to MK, and @ the 60 day prior date I mentioned earlier, I got 7DMT FP+ for 9:05 am.

I was at Epcot on 12/1. Check in date 11/25. I never did get a FP for Frozen. Standby never went below 90 minutes, so unfortunately we skipped it.
I didn't get one for Mine Train before my trip either.. then while there I found a near closing time slot and snatched it up!

BigRedDad

As an AP and staying offsite, I have been checking to see what is available 30 days out. There is never any FP availability. We will alter our planning a little bit. Head to FEA at rope drop, then back to do FPs for the front.

becca_

Original Poster
I can't believe the demand for FP for frozen is that bad!! Anyone have better luck just going to the ride when it opens as opposed to trying for a FP?

Herdman

So do the fp open up at 7am et for 60 days from that current date or from that date and the rest of your trip? Example family a is there 20-27th family b is there 22-29th, does this allow family a to get a jump on family b by 2 days on picking out passes for the 22-27 over family b.
The 60 day mark starts on the first day of your trip and you are able to book FP+ for your length of stay up to 10 days. So if you have a plan as to which days you're visiting each park you might have more luck toward the end of your trip for the busier attractions.

21stamps

I can't believe the demand for FP for frozen is that bad!! Anyone have better luck just going to the ride when it opens as opposed to trying for a FP?
I think if you're flexible with your days it will be easier. I chose my Epcot day bc of Neil Patrick Harris narrating the Candlelight Processional. Bc of dining package availability I only has two days that I could go. If you search the entire week you may have better luck.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I would definitely recommend doing your darndest to get the FP on your 60 day out day, if you're dead-set on riding FEA.

I'll be quite honest, I have been able to get FEA same day very frequently. SDMT on the other hand is very difficult no matter when you try. Good luck to you and have fun :)

Clamman73

Yes...but you have to be at turnstiles early waiting for open so you're up in the front of the crowd walking over to it.

Family B

My 60 day was yesterday and I didn't have any trouble getting a pick of times for Frozen (Or Dwarfs). I was online exactly at 6 AM Central (7am Eastern). I knew what day I wanted, so that was the first day I worked on. After I had an initial pick, I even went back and revised the time to make it work better with my schedule. I would say even about 20-30 minutes later there were still times available, but they were moving to the afternoon/evening. (Nothing in the AM.) I always book my FP as soon as it becomes available. The only time I every had an issue with a M&G with Anna&Elsa. That one I couldn't get until the first last day of our trip. Even when the time isn't ideal, if that is the best you can get, work within it and keep trying to get a better time. Good Luck!

Chadder810

Just booked FP for this yesterday (61 days out) and had no problems at all getting it for 8 people. I could have pretty much picked any time of day to get it also. I got everything that i wanted for all 4 days we are going to be there in March, which was a pleasant surprise.

Hope others are having the same experience.

Grimley1968

We did exactly this when we went on 12/23. We entered through the Intl. Gateway entrance and headed straight to FEA. We were on maybe the 4th boat that operated that day.

We saved our FP's for Soarin' and 2 lesser rides. After we were done with FEA we had time to get a sugary breakfast from the bakery in Norway.

The day we went I checked often on wait times, out of curiosity, and Soarin' and Test Track always seemed to have longer standby waits than FEA, so I think maybe the novelty is wearing off a little.

graphite1326

Sorry folks but a 20 min wait is all I would do for this ride and I am not wasting a FP on it. I, for the life of me, can't figure out the fascination. Wait an hour for a 2 minute ride that is the same track as the previous ride. I think I will wait until the hoopla wears off and go on the ride then.

I thought the World Showcase was supposed to be about the countries there not a Disney movie that most older adults like myself that do not have young children have never seen. When I go to one of the pavilions or showcase areas, I want to learn about the country I am at.

Sorry for the rant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom