FP+ for Disney World Swan Guests

batrachian

Original Poster
I have made the reservation a Disney Word Swan hotel. I knew Swan is not one of Disney Resort Hotels. So for FP+, I will not expect to make my ride selection 60 days before the trip. But can I still change or re-schedule my FP+ using mobil phone after I select the FP+ on a koisk on the day of arrvial.

My trip is comin up in a few weeks and I am really not sure what to expect. Start to hate FP+ already.

Redhawk

If things still are as they were in January when I stayed at the Swan there are dedicated Swan & Dolphin CMs at the main kiosks in the parks to help you with FP+ selections. Might serve to avoid the long kiosk lines. Perhaps call the hotel and ask about the dedicated CMs. And because of the Swan/Dolphin quasi-Disney resort status, you'll also be able to use Extra Magic Hours.

It's possible also that if you buy your tickets in advance and link them to your MDE account you can choose FP in advance. That seems to be what some are saying on these boards.

For the record, I enjoyed using FP+.

Last edited:

batrachian

Original Poster
If things still are as they were in January when I stayed at the Swan there are dedicated Swan & Dolphin CMs at the main kiosks in the parks to help you with FP+ selections. Might serve to avoid the long kiosk lines. Perhaps call the hotel and ask about the dedicated CMs. And because of the Swan/Dolphin quasi-Disney resort status, you'll also be able to use Extra Magic Hours.

It's possible also that if you buy your tickets in advance and link them to your MDE account you can choose FP in advance. That seems to be what some are saying on these boards.

For the record, I enjoyed using FP+.

Thanks for the feedback. What are the dedicated Swan & Dolphin CMs? Where are they in the parks?

Redhawk

They were in the main kiosk areas, for example, in the Magic Kingdom they were in the Town Square Theatre. Things may have changed now that FP+ is open to all guests but it's a perk to look for. In the hotel there is also a Disney Guest Relations desk where you can talk to a CM about how to use FP+.

batrachian

Original Poster
They were in the main kiosk areas, for example, in the Magic Kingdom they were in the Town Square Theatre. Things may have changed now that FP+ is open to all guests but it's a perk to look for. In the hotel there is also a Disney Guest Relations desk where you can talk to a CM about how to use FP+.

It appears not adviance FP+ reservation for Swan/Dolphine guests. I assume I cannot change my FP+ reservation on the phone either.

Redhawk

Once you enter a park, go to the main kiosk area and look for CMs at a desk or table with a small Swan/Doplin sign. May be at least you'll avoid any long kiosk lines. After that, any of the FP+ CMs can help if you want to make changes. I was happy with the times that I got and didn't need to make changes.

Thumper14

I am also staying at the Swan. I have my MDE online account and apps on my iPhone.
Dining Reservations are all there and my Will Call Tickets are linked.
I also purchased the Dream Maker package and now have a Magic Card linked and Active.
Not sure is those 2 are related.
I am still a little confused on how my tickets and FP will work.
It is nice to know there are dedicated Swan and Dolphin Kiosks in the park, can you use the Disney ticket booth in the Lobby to obtain the RFID tickets?
Please open the Mine Train!  

Redhawk

I am also staying at the Swan. I have my MDE online account and apps on my iPhone.
I am still a little confused on how my tickets and FP will work.
It is nice to know there are dedicated Swan and Dolphin Kiosks in the park, can you use the Disney ticket booth in the Lobby to obtain the RFID tickets?

Yes, you can purchase WDW tickets (they will be RFID cards) at the Disney desk in the lobby. I purchased mine online in advance -- and this may have changed or may change in the future -- and I could not pick up my Will Call tickets at the ticket booth in the hotel lobby because I had already linked them to my MDE account. The CMs were apologetic and said something about them already being linked and thus "in the cloud", otherwise I could have gotten them. No problem, I just picked them up at the park entrance, although there was a brief delay in getting them at Will Call because, once again, the CM said they were "in the cloud". Somehow connecting them to my MDE account put them in a different category than just regular Will Call tickets. It didn't help me in any way to purchase my tickets in advance because I could not choose FP+ until I was actually in the parks. However, the dedicated Swan/Dolphin kiosks usually had no lines and the CMs were very helpful.

Again, all this may change at any time. Being quasi-Disney resorts, I hope the Swan and Dolphin will get advance FP selections soon.

Thumper14

Thanks RedHawk, I am hoping the bugs are worked out soon. I booked the Swan after seeing it in the drop down menu for Disney resorts in the MDE. Boy was the joke on me. But I will make the best of it. Looks like the Seven Dwarfs mine train is not officially opening until the day after I leave, I was most anxious to get an advanced FP+ for it. I wrote to the Swan and Dolphin stating the Magic Band and Advanced FP+ are very important and would be the decisive factor where I stay in the future. I really wanted a Magic Band! Alas, I will be visiting Disneyland hither. The only reason I booked WDW this year was so my hubby could take the Magic Behind our Steam Trains tour. I really love Radiator Springs Racer and Carsland in Disneyland! If they try the Magic Band there-I will scream. You have to Park Hop there!

Put the Magic in Magic+ Please!  

Redhawk

I booked the Swan after seeing it in the drop down menu for Disney resorts in the MDE. Boy was the joke on me. But I will make the best of it.

I think you and your husband will be very pleased with the Swan and Dolphin complex, which is also right next to the Disney Boardwalk complex. My husband and I love it and have stayed there many times. An RFID card is fine with me -- I don't need a Magic Band although I would love the ability to make advance FP reservations, and I expect it will happen sometime in the future for S/D guests. Like any resort guest you do get to use Extra Magic Hours so be sure to take advantage of those!

My advice is that you keep watching these boards for updates on FP+. Also, the Swan/Dolphin sent me e-mails in advance about using FP+ so you'll probably get updates from them as well.

batrachian

Original Poster
Once you enter a park, go to the main kiosk area and look for CMs at a desk or table with a small Swan/Doplin sign. May be at least you'll avoid any long kiosk lines. After that, any of the FP+ CMs can help if you want to make changes. I was happy with the times that I got and didn't need to make changes.

Could anybody help clarifying where the main kiosk area in in the four parks (MK, AK, EPCOT, and HS)? Are Swan/Dolphin CMs available in all 4 parks? In case of making changes to the FP+, can I avoid the long waiting line to get help from CMS?

Sorry about the many questions, but my trip is coming up in a few days and I am really not sure what to expect.

Redhawk

Could anybody help clarifying where the main kiosk area in in the four parks (MK, AK, EPCOT, and HS)? Are Swan/Dolphin CMs available in all 4 parks? In case of making changes to the FP+, can I avoid the long waiting line to get help from CMS?

Sorry about the many questions, but my trip is coming up in a few days and I am really not sure what to expect.
As far as I know, the specific FP+ CMs for Swan/Dolphin guests are still working the parks. The best thing to do is go to the Disney desk at the Swan or Dolphin after you arrive and they'll explain things. Really, it won't be difficult at all, so relax and enjoy your trip!

Bowler Hat Girl

I'm not sure why, but my experience with choosing FP+ seems to be different from what everyone is saying here. I don't know if this will help anyone else, but here it is. I'll be at the Swan at the end of March. I made some ADRs in Epcot for the days I'll be there. Then I bought my park ticket and had it sent to me. When it arrived last week, I linked it to my MDE account, and then I made my FP+ choices with no problem. I don't know if I fooled the system somehow, or if my in-park ADRs had something to do with it, but I was surprised to learn later of Swan guests having to go to a specific CM to make same-day FP+ selections only. I had no issues, did it the same way I did my last two on-site stays. I didn't realize Swan FP+s were any different when I booked them, and the system didn't treat them any differently. I've even gone back and changed one since then, and no issues with that either.

batrachian

Original Poster
I'm not sure why, but my experience with choosing FP+ seems to be different from what everyone is saying here. I don't know if this will help anyone else, but here it is. I'll be at the Swan at the end of March. I made some ADRs in Epcot for the days I'll be there. Then I bought my park ticket and had it sent to me. When it arrived last week, I linked it to my MDE account, and then I made my FP+ choices with no problem. I don't know if I fooled the system somehow, or if my in-park ADRs had something to do with it, but I was surprised to learn later of Swan guests having to go to a specific CM to make same-day FP+ selections only. I had no issues, did it the same way I did my last two on-site stays. I didn't realize Swan FP+s were any different when I booked them, and the system didn't treat them any differently. I've even gone back and changed one since then, and no issues with that either.

Sounds like you are a AP holder.

Bowler Hat Girl

I'm not an AP holder, and the hotel reservation doesn't appear in my account since it's off property. There's no reason MDE would know where I'm staying. I'm not sure why it worked, maybe it's just a good glitch! :)

batrachian

Original Poster
This is the operative sentence.

Once you are in the MDE system, MDE let's you book anything after your day of arrival, even if it's not associated with a hotel stay.

Since I cannot link to a hotel reservation, how is MDE going to figure our my day of arrival?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom