FP+ for Be Our Guest

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Just an FYI the BOG reservations are not part of your 3 FP ride selections. Also, only at dinner do the cms seat you at a table. Durin lunch you are able to sit wherever you want.

It's not always sit where you want. We were seated by CMs on our trip and so was everyone else during the time we were there for lunch.

ExtinctJenn

If you do the FP option, you are able to pre order your meals in advance, which is what we did. We checked into the FP stand outside the bridge. The cm pulled up our reservation an order and asked if we wanted to change anything. We said no and headed inside. We then waited five minutes to get to the ordering/ paying stands. Once there te cm confirmed our order, scanned the rose, and we were sent to pay. Once we got to the pay stand, the cm scanned out rose and our order did not come up! We had to quickly reorder everything from there. No big deal, but was an extra 5 minute wasted...like I said everything was very good and we would Definately go back even after the small hiccup we experienced.
Thanks for sharing this experience. I wonder if that was an issue with the reservation, meal selection, rose or an error made by the first CM who confirmed the order.

Rob562

Also found it strange that my Mother in laws magic band has numbers and a letter in it. Anyone else have this?

Not strange at all. Serial numbers on the Bands and the RFID cards are alpha-numeric strings, so any digit can be a letter or a number. Doing so allows for MANY more possible unique serial-number combinations before running out (and then having to figure out what to do).

So for each digit, rather than just having 10 possible numbers (0-9), you can have 36 possible characters (0-9 and A-Z, though most likely only 35 as systems like this often eliminate the letter "O" to reduce confusion with zero "0").

So now you have 35^12 possible combinations rather than 10^12.

-Rob

Last edited:

Kbullz

Not strange at all. Serial numbers on the Bands and the RFID cards are alpha-numeric strings, so any digit can be a letter or a number. Doing so allows for MANY more possible unique serial-number combinations before running out (and then having to figure out what to do).

So for each digit, rather than just having 10 possible numbers (0-9), you can have 36 possible characters (0-9 and A-Z, though most likely only 35 as systems like this often eliminate the letter "O" to reduce confusion with zero "0").

So now you have 35^12 possible combinations rather than 10^12.

-Rob
I think I was more concerned that the link for the BOG restaurant does not accept letters only numbers. wondering how that works.

ExtinctJenn

I think I was more concerned that the link for the BOG restaurant does not accept letters only numbers. wondering how that works.
If you read through the above posts you'll see that primarily what it's looking for (except in odd cases) is the reservation number associated with your magic band order, not your resort reservation. In otherwords it requires that you're in the MM+ testing and have customized your bands. Back a few pages I posted a screenshot to help folks trying to find it.

Kbullz

If you read through the above posts you'll see that primarily what it's looking for (except in odd cases) is the reservation number associated with your magic band order, not your resort reservation. In otherwords it requires that you're in the MM+ testing and have customized your bands. Back a few pages I posted a screenshot to help folks trying to find it.
My MIL's magic band is numbers and one letter in the middle. I have done all of the steps for them but no luck. :( I feel horrible that my family and I are going to BOG and that I cannot get them onto a FP for a reservation

ExtinctJenn

My MIL's magic band is numbers and one letter in the middle. I have done all of the steps for them but no luck. :( I feel horrible that my family and I are going to BOG and that I cannot get them onto a FP for a reservation
When you say that's her MB number, are you getting that from MDE or from the band itself?

Kbullz

The band itself. Also when I put in Father in laws MB # it keeps saying something like please make sure Information matches with Resort ID. Which it does.

ExtinctJenn

The band itself. Also when I put in Father in laws MB # it keeps saying something like please make sure Information matches with Resort ID. Which it does.
You don't use the # on the band itself. You use the MB reservation number found when they login to MDE. Let me find the post and link to it for you, one sec. :)

EDIT: Here ya go... this links to the post in this thread with the screen shot:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/fp-for-be-our-guest.875687/page-3#post-5779731

Kbullz

You don't use the # on the band itself. You use the MB reservation number found when they login to MDE. Let me find the post and link to it for you, one sec. :)

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/fp-for-be-our-guest.875687/page-3#post-5779731
Being that we were already have our MB how do I find this page? They were sent to our houses a week or so ago. all that comes up is the page of that "
Select a MagicBand or Card to Manage Its Status

ExtinctJenn

Being that we were already have our MB how do I find this page? They were sent to our houses a week or so ago. all that comes up is the page of that "
Select a MagicBand or Card to Manage Its Status
Oh crud... yeah... hmmmmmmm let me do some poking around to see if I can find the number again hiding somewhere else. That may mean it's too late once you get them?

Followmik

Thanks for the tip !
I have been trying to log in the BOG website for weeks using the 6 digits resort reservation number, I had not seen this screenshot. So it finally worked fine : we'll be there dec 26 - jan 8 and the website offered FP+ dec 26 - jan 1, I booked for dec 31 right after the first parade, MK will be crowded anyway so let's try that :)

Rob562

Is this 10 day out a new rule out in place? When we did this for our trip 2 weeks ago, I was able to do it at around 45-50 days out! I believe I did it a week after I did online check in?

Hmmm. They must've expanded it at some point. When it was first introduced it was 10 days out. I'll file it away in the back of my mind. :)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom