FP+ at BoG

disneycouple07

When we went in December, I was told I had to wait until check-in. When I got my folder I asked the front desk CM and she knew exactly what I was talking about. There was a sticker with my reservation number at the top of the folder. I hurried to my room and immediately booked a FP. I hope to book our lunch before we leave for our October trip.

iluvMainStMagic

When we went in December, I was told I had to wait until check-in. When I got my folder I asked the front desk CM and she knew exactly what I was talking about. There was a sticker with my reservation number at the top of the folder. I hurried to my room and immediately booked a FP. I hope to book our lunch before we leave for our October trip.

This is what I was told when I called the help desk because I couldn't get into the BOG lunch FP site (I have the 12 digit # but can't get in far enough to enter it). They wouldn't even discuss the FP link with me, just said at check in we will be offered the FP option as a "nice suprise". They also said that some people who make FP's via the link will find that when they try to use them, they can't o_O :confused: Sorry!! please don't shoot the messenger :( it's not what I wanted to hear either, and I wish you good luck. The weird thing is another person in my party was able to make one, but she can't add me to hers. We may be stuck in line....in June....I know you know how fun that will be :cool: We can only hope that at check-in we will be able to get one for our only day in MK. fingers crossed!

cw1982

This is what I was told when I called the help desk because I couldn't get into the BOG lunch FP site (I have the 12 digit # but can't get in far enough to enter it). They wouldn't even discuss the FP link with me, just said at check in we will be offered the FP option as a "nice suprise". They also said that some people who make FP's via the link will find that when they try to use them, they can't o_O :confused: Sorry!! please don't shoot the messenger :( it's not what I wanted to hear either, and I wish you good luck. The weird thing is another person in my party was able to make one, but she can't add me to hers. We may be stuck in line....in June....I know you know how fun that will be :cool: We can only hope that at check-in we will be able to get one for our only day in MK. fingers crossed!

I find that hard to believe, since no one has come back here and said they were denied entry. The way people around here talk we would have heard if this was happening.

Sounds like a misinformed CM to me.

weatherdude

I finally found my reservation number and I was able to get through to the booking portion of the BoG FP site, but there were no fast passes available on our days. Looks like I'll just keep trying for a dinner reservation to open up.

cw1982

I finally found my reservation number and I was able to get through to the booking portion of the BoG FP site, but there were no fast passes available on our days. Looks like I'll just keep trying for a dinner reservation to open up.

When is your trip?

weatherdude

November 5th. It only allowed me to choose myself and my niece, who are on my reservation. I didn't have the option of adding my family members in other rooms (and on other reservations) who I'm linked with through MDE. Unless the ability to add additional people to the FP reservation was on a later screen, if times were available.

cw1982

November 5th. It only allowed me to choose myself and my niece, who are on my reservation. I didn't have the option of adding my family members in other rooms (and on other reservations) who I'm linked with through MDE. Unless the ability to add additional people to the FP reservation was on a later screen, if times were available.

Your days won't be available for a while, probably until Labor Day or so.

The rest of your party needs to either be on your reservation or get fastpass times that overlap with yours once you do get them. As long as your times match you'll be able to go in together and then seating is first come first served, so everyone will be able to sit together as long as the right tables are open.

weatherdude

Your days won't be available for a while, probably until Labor Day or so.

The rest of your party needs to either be on your reservation or get fastpass times that overlap with yours once you do get them. As long as your times match you'll be able to go in together and then seating is first come first served, so everyone will be able to sit together as long as the right tables are open.

Great, appreciate the information! Thanks.

disneycouple07

Where did you find your reservation number? I know it is supposed to be 12 numbers. I looked at our MagicBands from last year and it is different from the number I used to book a FP for BOG.

iluvMainStMagic

I find that hard to believe, since no one has come back here and said they were denied entry. The way people around here talk we would have heard if this was happening.

Sounds like a misinformed CM to me.

I agree, I also would have thought we would have heard about it here, so you may be right - but my travel agent says she has heard of some guests (maybe even clients of hers) who were not allowed to use theirs. I have made at least 2 calls to the help desk about not being able to make a FP online and both CM's have said the same thing (at least the 2nd CM was much nicer than the first). Still, that must be a small minority of all the FP+'s made for BOG, or someone would have mentioned it here.

Sparkle81

Maybe the CM was trying to put people off using it, or else it might become another crazy popular thing, like trying to get a reservation for dinner

It's definitely worth checking daily, to see when the days open. When I did the FP+ this past December, the day I wanted didn't become available until 10 days before- I was actually sat in my room at SSR when I made it, and already on my vacation!

ninjaprincesst

Not ur magic band number.

When u go to the magic band page on MdE, it will list your reservation number and that is what u use. It will be all numbers!
No , the reservation number an the magic band page on ours still has two letters in it. I've tried everywhere to find this magic 12 digit number an it just does not seem to exist.

stevehousse

No , the reservation number an the magic band page on ours still has two letters in it. I've tried everywhere to find this magic 12 digit number an it just does not seem to exist.
Well that's certainly different than a few months ago??? Anyone know more???
Do you have to book at 60 days out?? I cannot get into that website.

It usually wont let u book until about 30 days out or shorter...just keep trying when u get that close everyday.

ratherbeinwdw

Once I checked in to AoA in May, I got a text asking if I wanted to make a BOG fastpass. I didn't because I already had one for lunch and a dinner ressie. I did not enjoy the lunch. I probably picked the wrong thing. It's still worth it to see inside without the long wait.

The CMs on the phone know absolutely nothing about the BoG FP+, and what information they are giving out has proved to be inaccurate. We ate at BoG using FP+ three times during our March trip, and we never got an email and just booked through the website. You can't add someone to your FP+ if their name doesn't automatically show up on the site, but your friend could get a FP+ for a time that overlaps yours, and you could all go in at once. I spend a lot of time on another Disney discussion board, and there have been no firsthand reports of anyone being turned away because they made their FP+ through the website and not because of an email. If the site has opened up the dates of your vacation, you should have no problem getting a FP+. If the dates haven't opened yet, the site will still show you your dates but will say that there's nothing available.

iluvMainStMagic

The CMs on the phone know absolutely nothing about the BoG FP+, and what information they are giving out has proved to be inaccurate. We ate at BoG using FP+ three times during our March trip, and we never got an email and just booked through the website. You can't add someone to your FP+ if their name doesn't automatically show up on the site, but your friend could get a FP+ for a time that overlaps yours, and you could all go in at once. I spend a lot of time on another Disney discussion board, and there have been no firsthand reports of anyone being turned away because they made their FP+ through the website and not because of an email. If the site has opened up the dates of your vacation, you should have no problem getting a FP+. If the dates haven't opened yet, the site will still show you your dates but will say that there's nothing available.

The CM's I spoke weren't "regular" CM's, they were on the IT Help desk. I know it's impossible to get all info & changes out to all the CM's, but I assumed since this was a computer issue that they would be knowledgeable about this, or at least get me to someone who was (which they did for me several times in the past when there were big problems with my MDE acct). The IT CM's may know how to clear it, but they will not do anything for me about this issue. They won't even discuss it.

We check-in in less than a week, and dates for our stay have been available for a good while (my sister made her FP+ for BOG weeks ago), but the link that everyone else is using will not allow me to do anything but enter my user name and password - then I get a message that I will have to speak with _[can't remember who]_ on property to address it. I know we need to make our own FP+'s since we are in different rooms, but I have been assured repeatedly by different CM's that there is nothing I can do to make one for myself until I get on property and check in. I know others have been able to do exactly what you have suggested, but I've tried everything I can think of and always hit a dead end.
[It was also explained to me that the link everyone is using was intended to be only for use by those given invitations, but it was posted and shared.... and the rest is history ;) ]

Please know this isn't a rant. I wish it would work, but so be it. I'm ok and we're going to have fun and roll with whatever happens!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom