FP+ and passholders

cbrune

Original Poster
So I heard some news, dont know how true it is since I am a FP+ newbie but if you have a annual pass your only allowed 7 fastpasses in a 60 day window.. If that is true, Im going to be pretty ed as I am sure other people will be.

G8rchamps

You can only hold 7 days at a time. If you booked 7 days in a row for a tripwith the family for example: once you used the first days worth you would then have 6 days booked and could then book a 7th again- any time in the 60 day window. If you had a 10 day trip you would essentially only have a 7 day booking window for days 8, 9, and 10 since you can only hold 7 days at a time.

JohnD

So you couldn't even go to the parks once a week for two months and get FP's. I think thats wrong of them to do since you've paid for the AP and a lot of us Floridians spend a lot of time in the parks. And I know thats the extreme case, but what about when my family comes down to visit for a week? So I spend 7 days with them in the parks getting FP's, they leave and now here I am still in Florida trying to go to the parks with my own family and can't get FP's for two more months. Why even put a limit on it? The only issue I see would be AP's booking FP's and then not even going to a park. If someone did this consistently, just ban there account for a period of time as a warning or something.

That's mistaken. Once you use up those 7 days, you get another 7 days and so on. Let's say you are with them for a week, Sunday through Saturday. You're a local and "show up" and use your FP+s every day during that week. After you use your Sunday FP+ you get another one for the following Sunday. Even after they check out that Saturday, you can show up the following Sunday. If you use all 7 of your FP+s that week, you get another 7. It's a rolling 7 days. You're not locked out after using up 7 days.

AlohaAnnie

But I think it is different if you stay on property and are an AP holder.

I have a 9 day stay and I was able to book all 9 days with FP yesterday.

So the rolling 7 days will only apply to those without a resort reservation.

Am I correct in assuming this?

G8rchamps

Yes- if you are on property you can book for length of stay.

JohnD

Yes. FP+ access is good for the length of the stay, no matter how long. The 7 rolling days is outside of a resort stay.

jessfriends

What if I book a room only and plan to purchase an annual pass when I get to WDW? Do I add tickets onto my reservation and then upgrade when I am there? My concern is if I don't buy tickets when I book I will not be able to make FP+ reservations. What I have done in the past is book room only and buy the AP when I get there and the other person with me buys regular length of stay tickets when we get there since they don't go as often as me. I'm thinking I can no longer do this if I want to book FPs ahead of time for my trip. Is this correct?

durangojim

What if I book a room only and plan to purchase an annual pass when I get to WDW? Do I add tickets onto my reservation and then upgrade when I am there? My concern is if I don't buy tickets when I book I will not be able to make FP+ reservations. What I have done in the past is book room only and buy the AP when I get there and the other person with me buys regular length of stay tickets when we get there since they don't go as often as me. I'm thinking I can no longer do this if I want to book FPs ahead of time for my trip. Is this correct?
What I would do is make your room only reservation. Then I'd buy tickets from Disney or Undercover Tourist (you'll save some money), link your tickets to your MDE account. Then after you go to the park for the first time upgrade you tickets to passes. This is what we've done for our kids.
If you don't have tickets linked to your account before you get there, you won't be able to make FP+ reservations until you're there.

JohnD

What I would do is make your room only reservation. Then I'd buy tickets from Disney or Undercover Tourist (you'll save some money), link your tickets to your MDE account. Then after you go to the park for the first time upgrade you tickets to passes. This is what we've done for our kids.
If you don't have tickets linked to your account before you get there, you won't be able to make FP+ reservations until you're there.

I would add that, depending on who you buy from, you may have to pick up your tix from a Guest Relations upon arrival. However, you should be e-mailed "e-certificates" anyway which you can add to MDE ahead of time. Once you reach your 60 day window for your trip, you can start adding FP+.

jessfriends

I just chatted with someone from Disney and asked if I bought the AP online could I link it once I receive it in the mail. They said you can link the Passholder pass with your ticket order number, if that does not work you will need to wait until you receive the actual Passholder pass to link it. (The second half concerned me.)

I asked if the AP voucher that I received in the mail would not work what would happen. He said if you purchase tickets separately you will be in the same position of trying to link with the ticket order number.

This concerns me. I booked an AP room rate for May. I currently do not have an AP. My original plan was to order tickets from AAA and link them to make FP+ reservations. (My concern here is would all my FP+ go away once I upgraded and changed my ticket?). Now that the AP can be purchased online I was going to buy the AP online and still buy the other ticker from AAA as that person does not need an AP and once I receive them link them to my online account.

Maybe I'm missing something but it sounds like there is a chance that I might not be able to link the tickets?

Maybe I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be but I don't want to drop $ for tickets before my trip to find out that I will not be able to link it to make FP+ but I need tickets to do the FP+. Stupid new system!

durangojim

I just chatted with someone from Disney and asked if I bought the AP online could I link it once I receive it in the mail. They said you can link the Passholder pass with your ticket order number, if that does not work you will need to wait until you receive the actual Passholder pass to link it. (The second half concerned me.)

I asked if the AP voucher that I received in the mail would not work what would happen. He said if you purchase tickets separately you will be in the same position of trying to link with the ticket order number.

This concerns me. I booked an AP room rate for May. I currently do not have an AP. My original plan was to order tickets from AAA and link them to make FP+ reservations. (My concern here is would all my FP+ go away once I upgraded and changed my ticket?). Now that the AP can be purchased online I was going to buy the AP online and still buy the other ticker from AAA as that person does not need an AP and once I receive them link them to my online account.

Maybe I'm missing something but it sounds like there is a chance that I might not be able to link the tickets?

Maybe I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be but I don't want to drop $ for tickets before my trip to find out that I will not be able to link it to make FP+ but I need tickets to do the FP+. Stupid new system!
If the tickets you purchase are the new type with RFID chip in it, you'll have no problem adding them to your profile. Right now I have 4 tickets that are on my profile including my APs, you'll have no problem switching them, but my concern would be that they send you the voucher for the AP and that not working with MDE.

lilclerk

Just an FYI, Undercover Tourist sends real tickets, not vouchers. If that's easier for you to get those, link them, and upgrade when you get to the park.

JohnD

My parents bought two three-day tickets from AAA. Eventually, they were emailed a PDF from DisneyDestinations containing "e-certificates" of the tickets. While these were not the actual tickets--you exchange the certificates at Will Call on arrival--I was able to log them in anyway with the certificate serial numbers. (See image below. BTW, we cancelled original FR tix for Discover Disney tix. That's why the folks show four tix instead of two.) I've already made FP+ for our trip April 5-9.

I don't see why this would be any different. You get emailed an e-certificate for the AP which is used in conjunction with your resort stay for FP+. Exchange the certificate for the AP upon arrival.
Tickets.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom