Fox Properties at Disney parks

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'll never understand why people are so keen to imagine Disney inserting these IPs into the park when they have bigger, more beloved films sitting in their library that they haven't touched. Is a studio that has films like Inside Out, Coco, Wall-E, Tangled, and Zootopia laying dormant in their library really going to be salivating at the prospect of an Anastasia, Fern Gully, Ice Age, or Rio attraction? I would honestly be a little angry if any of them moved to the front of the queue for a new attraction when so many great Disney and Pixar films get no love!

Disney already put Fern Gully in AK, they just spell it A V A T A R. ;)

Fox&Hound

This is quite possibly one of the most overblown posts i've ever seen on this board.

Have you never read one of his posts before? He has a lot of pent up anger over newly acquired properties purchased by Disney, despite the fact that so much of the Disney library of what many would consider canon is in fact from an outside source (Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Cinderella, Snow White, Little Mermaid, etc.) If anything, Disney has always been about acquiring properties. Disney should always move forward and I appreciate the fact that Disney is now synonymous with classics like Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo, Snow White AND newer hits like Star Wars, Iron Man, Inside Out, and Avatar).

oogie boogie man

Disney should have kept the great movie ride but update with fox and other movies they own. I'm still excited for runaway railway, but I will miss the great movie ride.

I love that idea and agree with you completely. I'm going to miss Great Movie Ride, even the Osborne narration they shouldn't have put on.

Mickey's Railway could have been put somewhere else. Another part of Hollywood or even Fantasyland.

Sir_Cliff

Have you never read one of his posts before? He has a lot of pent up anger over newly acquired properties purchased by Disney, despite the fact that so much of the Disney library of what many would consider canon is in fact from an outside source (Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Cinderella, Snow White, Little Mermaid, etc.) If anything, Disney has always been about acquiring properties. Disney should always move forward and I appreciate the fact that Disney is now synonymous with classics like Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo, Snow White AND newer hits like Star Wars, Iron Man, Inside Out, and Avatar).
You, sir, are worse than Lin Manuel Miranda!

yensidtlaw1969

In fairness, there's a difference between Disney acquiring the film rights to Mary Poppins and acting on that to create a genuine film classic and the company purchasing pre-packaged completed works and saying "Remember how we had nothing to do with the making of Predator? That's a Disney movie now!"

Personally, I respect the work that has been done with the Marvel films under Disney's hand, but I still wince when I see Spider-Man next to Mickey or Thor in the Disney Store. I think for me it's a little like the saying that "knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad". Just because they spent big bucks doesn't make these properties part of the marrow of the company, and I wish Disney would be a little more discerning in their attempts at integration. The Simpsons at D23 thing was super weird.

All this to say, I don't automatically mind Fox properties being integrated into the parks, but the where and how is important to me. Which is basically true of anything.

Phil12

In fairness, there's a difference between Disney acquiring the film rights to Mary Poppins and acting on that to create a genuine film classic and the company purchasing pre-packaged completed works and saying "Remember how we had nothing to do with the making of Predator? That's a Disney movie now!"

Personally, I respect the work that has been done with the Marvel films under Disney's hand, but I still wince when I see Spider-Man next to Mickey or Thor in the Disney Store. I think for me it's a little like the saying that "knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad". Just because they spent big bucks doesn't make these properties part of the marrow of the company, and I wish Disney would be a little more discerning in their attempts at integration. The Simpsons at D23 thing was super weird.

All this to say, I don't automatically mind Fox properties being integrated into the parks, but the where and how is important to me. Which is basically true of anything.
They need to have Homer Simpson narrate Spaceship Earth. Dan Castellaneta is almost 62 now so it's important that they get the narration recorded while he is still in good health.

doctornick

Personally, I respect the work that has been done with the Marvel films under Disney's hand, but I still wince when I see Spider-Man next to Mickey or Thor in the Disney Store.

A little off this topic, but I would argue that what Disney has done with Marvel is exactly what they have done with "classic" Disney stuff - take pre-established characters and storylines and adapt them into more widely know (and generally fan friendly) versions. Yes, it started before Disney was there owning them, but given that the vast majority of the MCU have come under their watch, I'd view the well known MCU characters in much as the Disney versions of Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Snow White, Cinderella, etc - being the definitive version of them for most people.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
They need to have Homer Simpson narrate Spaceship Earth. Dan Castellaneta is almost 62 now so it's important that they get the narration recorded while he is still in good health.
That would be hilarious! I wonder if Disney actually has any Blue Sky Plans for any Fox properties at any of the parks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That would be hilarious! I wonder if Disney actually has any Blue Sky Plans for any Fox properties at any of the parks.

Disney will now NEVER have a "Fox" property in the parks. ;)

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Disney will now NEVER have a "Fox" property in the parks. ;)

Yep........When does "The renaming DHS to Disney's 20th Century Studios Park" thread start?

Then they'll realize we're in the 21st Century and say..."Oh F8%k, we've outdated ourselves". Then they'll start calling it "The Magic Movie Kingdom" - cause Future World and Tomorrowland are already taken. See how this works?

A Price Increase follows.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom