Fox Disney deal

JIMINYCR

DHS would be a likely place to start with it. Hopefully it will mean something more is coming. After all theres only so much you can cram into one park. ;);)
With this number of characters and stories in their hands of course Disney is going to act quickly in using it to increase guest interest and desire to come to the parks. I dont think it will be long before we will see merchandise showing up in various places, Thats something Disney can easily implement and it starts bringing interest to the acquisitions and gives a glimpse into how guests will view the addition of their favorite characters and some of the lesser known characters. I'm sure the imagineers are already thinking of ways they can build Disney attractions, restaurants and theming around them.
Annnnd we get Iger for a longer term as part of the deal. :jawdrop:

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
DHS would be a likely place to start with it. Hopefully it will mean something more is coming. After all theres only so much you can cram into one park. ;);)
With this number of characters and stories in their hands of course Disney is going to act quickly in using it to increase guest interest and desire to come to the parks. I dont think it will be long before we will see merchandise showing up in various places, Thats something Disney can easily implement and it starts bringing interest to the acquisitions and gives a glimpse into how guests will view the addition of their favorite characters and some of the lesser known characters. I'm sure the imagineers are already thinking of ways they can build Disney attractions, restaurants and theming around them.
Annnnd we get Iger for a longer term as part of the deal. :jawdrop:

Unfortunately the speed that Disney moves it will be years before any rides are implemented. Maybe a fifth park is in the making with fox content?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney hasn't leveraged some of its more recent popular IPs yet. It's going to take a lot for any Fox property which isn't as popular or isn't as 'Disney-esque' to jump to the front of the attraction line.

Also, do not assume at all that any Fox IP is free to be made into an attraction. Film rights is not the same as rights to merchandise or to use in attractions or even to re-make. There may be original authors or production companies holding onto those rights apart from Fox, or, those rights were sold to or licensed to someone else that isn't Fox or Disney.

The acquisition of Fox was not done at all for the parks. It was for the rest of Disney Corp. to expand in streaming, sports, and international markets.

Gelatoni

Disney hasn't leveraged some of its more recent popular IPs yet. It's going to take a lot for any Fox property which isn't as popular or isn't as 'Disney-esque' to jump to the front of the attraction line.

Also, do not assume at all that any Fox IP is free to be made into an attraction. Film rights is not the same as rights to merchandise or to use in attractions or even to re-make. There may be original authors or production companies holding onto those rights apart from Fox, or, those rights were sold to or licensed to someone else that isn't Fox or Disney.

The acquisition of Fox was not done at all for the parks. It was for the rest of Disney Corp. to expand in streaming, sports, and international markets.
I don't think any disney deal is done for the parks alone. I really don't see disney not trying to make back it's 52b asap and the parks is one of those ways. You will see the new xmen (minus wolverine he kinda an avenger) and fantastic four as soon as they have a plan for them. I'd love to know the details of the Simpsons contract with universal. They would pull that if they can (simpons are still big overseas)
You will see fox worked in at the parks as quick as any other ip.

thomas998

Also remember the main reason they bought Fox has nothing to do with parks, it is all about the need for movie and TV content for the coming Disney streaming service. A ride was probably never even anticipated.

jakeman

If only there was somewhere to talk about this:

:p
upload_2017-12-15_7-54-33.png

upload_2017-12-15_7-55-2.png

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Will fox content be pulled into Hollywood Studios? What does this mean in the big picture.
I don't see it happening anytime soon. Like has been discussed elsewhere, the move was not park-centric. Disney has many beloved IPs which already don't have a big presence, if at all, in the parks. And a 5th gate is very unlikely given the huge amount of work being done in the next 4-5 years already announced. The next D23 is sure to include more info, but in the meantime, I can't imagine anything changing that soon. Though the way they shoehorn stuff in nowadays anything is possible!

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I hear now that there is a chance it could not get approved. I'm sure at least universal will try to lobby the regulators to stop it.

@POLY LOVER had me at 5th park!

But failing that I'd be happy to have a Springfield land in DHS. Character meet 'n greets, a couple rides, Krusty Burger, a Comic Book Guy shop where one can buy all Marvel stuff, and most importantly, Moe's Tavern. (If the deal includes rights to use Fox properties in the Parks, of course.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom