Four 4 a Dollar Returns! Briefly...

Gator

Original Poster
I've been in touch with Sammy Pawlak, the lead singer for the part-of-Disney-history Four 4 a Dollar - the group that used to perform right before Beauty & the Beast Live at DHS. For all the fans of this group, there's a bit of good news.

The original group will be performing under their non-Disney alias Return2Zero. They'll be performing at the American Gardens Theatre at Epcot on March 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20. No times have been given at this point, but this should be enough so all the fans can make plans to be there to support them.

It's not the news I was hoping for - a complete return to a live show at WDW. But it's a start. There's a "Bring back Four 4 a Dollar to Disney World" fan page on facebook. If you're a fan and miss seeing this group, head over and like the page. You never know what the WDW execs pay attention to.:rolleyes:

real mad hatter

Loved the harmonies of them. They reminded me of The Statler Brothers who were part of the Johnny Cash show.I love that four piece sound on vocals.Will check out their page.

bethymouse

The Statler Brothers
OMG! I love them! I grew up w/ them! Old time country music is the best!
"Countin flowers on the wall. That don't bother me at all... Smokin cigarettes and watchin Captain Kangaroo. Now don't tell me I've nothin to do!"...:D

real mad hatter

The Statler Brothers
"Countin flowers on the wall. That don't bother me at all... Smokin cigarettes and watchin Captain Kangaroo. Now don't tell me I've nothin to do!"...:D
Yeh! 1973 ( showing my age here ) Met Johnny Cash & Tennessee Three,got my photo with them,along with Carl Perkins.But Harold Reid of the Statler Brothers was a hoot.Joked away non stop about the Scots and what they wear under their kilt.Love their version of " The Great Pretender ".;)

luv

The Statler Brothers
Good song. :)

I really miss 4 For a Dollar and do wish Disney would bring them back.

Gator

Original Poster
Good song. :)

I really miss 4 For a Dollar and do wish Disney would bring them back.

Yeah, we're all hoping that this little week event turns into something better. There's plenty of live show they can still front at WDW. And not just Hollywood Studios.

Biff215

Great news! Wish I could be there! These guys helped me set up my proposal to my wife and then sang to us afterward. That was 10 years ago this May. Beauty and the Beast has always been my wife's favorite, hence the proposal there. But since Four for a Dollar got cut, we rarely find ourselves going to the show anymore. They really were the reason we always made sure to catch it. If only Disney realized these things...

I still listen to all of their albums, and hope they will come out with another soon! Anyone who gets the chance to go, please share some photos and video with us if possible. Thanks!

Gator

Original Poster
Here's an update from bass singer Doug Teel.

Return2Zero, aka Four 4 a Dollar, will be at Epcot today, tomorrow, and Friday. They'll be singing in the American Adventure rotunda at 12:30, 1:15, 2:00, 2:45, 3:30, 4:15, 5:00.

If you're in the area, go catch them and bring back some old Disney magic.

tnpoohbear

I've been in touch with Sammy Pawlak, the lead singer for the part-of-Disney-history Four 4 a Dollar - the group that used to perform right before Beauty & the Beast Live at DHS. For all the fans of this group, there's a bit of good news.

The original group will be performing under their non-Disney alias Return2Zero. They'll be performing at the American Gardens Theatre at Epcot on March 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20. No times have been given at this point, but this should be enough so all the fans can make plans to be there to support them.

It's not the news I was hoping for - a complete return to a live show at WDW. But it's a start. There's a "Bring back Four 4 a Dollar to Disney World" fan page on facebook. If you're a fan and miss seeing this group, head over and like the page. You never know what the WDW execs pay attention to.:rolleyes:

I loved them! I have their CD and it is really good too! Sorry they won't be there when we go the end of April.

prberk

The Statler Brothers

I loved them! I have their CD and it is really good too! Sorry they won't be there when we go the end of April.

You are right about the Statler Brothers' harmony. Here in Virginia, where they are from, people really looked forward to their big Fourth of July outdoor concerts each year in Staunton. They were so popular that the Statlers had to give a five year notice that they would be retiring from it.

I had the privilege to see them at the State Fair here one year, and I have to say that they were just as pitch-perfect as on record.

Haven't heard this WDW group you all are talking about, but they sound good. Wish I could be there.

I will say, if you love traditional county, you should listen to WSM, the legendary Nashville station. They still play the classics along with good traditional new songs. They broadcast live on the internet (link in my signature), but I listen to them on their app for imartphones, which you can link to on the website also -- it is glorious hearing those sounds in stereo in my car through the bluetooth connection! Check it out if you like this sound.

prberk

Yeh! 1973 ( showing my age here ) Met Johnny Cash & Tennessee Three,got my photo with them,along with Carl Perkins.But Harold Reid of the Statler Brothers was a hoot.Joked away non stop about the Scots and what they wear under their kilt.Love their version of " The Great Pretender ".;)

One more thing. If you have not seen "The Million Dollar Quartet" stage show (was on Broadway, now in Chicago and touring), you need to. A great show about that fateful day in 1956 when Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Parkins, and Jerry Lee Lewis were in studio together hanging out right at the birth of the rock-n-roll explosion.
www.milliondollarquartetlive.com

real mad hatter

One more thing. If you have not seen "The Million Dollar Quartet" stage show (was on Broadway, now in Chicago and touring), you need to. A great show about that fateful day in 1956 when Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Parkins, and Jerry Lee Lewis were in studio together hanging out right at the birth of the rock-n-roll explosion.
www.milliondollarquartetlive.com
Cheers,will do.I listen to 650 AM WSM on my I- Pad with Marcia Campbell..Loved that farewell concert from the Statler Brothers which I have on cd..The Gospel songs make the hair on my neck stand up.

prberk

Cheers,will do.I listen to 650 AM WSM on my I- Pad with Marcia Campbell..Loved that farewell concert from the Statler Brothers which I have on cd..The Gospel songs make the hair on my neck stand up.

Yes, I like Marcia. I also like Bill and Charlie in the morning, and Eddie Stubbs in the evening (which may be too late for you over in Scotland). He is an encyclopedia of country and bluegrass. I think it is is just nice to have a radio staion that has (1) live music, (2) live disc jockeys, and (3) live disc jockeys who actually know a lot about the musicians. These days so much radio is automated; it is nice to have the real thing.

And doesn't that argument mimic so many arguments we have around here, that we appreciate the human touch and special, unique details that WDW is so famous for... that we all see sometimes crumbling away?

Anyhow, I hope Disney continues to have special things like this. I also like the Voices of Liberty. I know that the AA attraction is good on its own, but it is especially nice when you get to hear the Voices of Liberty's live, beautiful harmonies beforehand.

real mad hatter

Yes, I like Marcia. I also like Bill and Charlie in the morning, and Eddie Stubbs in the evening (which may be too late for you over in Scotland). He is an encyclopedia of country and bluegrass. I think it is is just nice to have a radio staion that has (1) live music, (2) live disc jockeys, and (3) live disc jockeys who actually know a lot about the musicians. These days so much radio is automated; it is nice to have the real thing.

And doesn't that argument mimic so many arguments we have around here, that we appreciate the human touch and special, unique details that WDW is so famous for... that we all see sometimes crumbling away?

Anyhow, I hope Disney continues to have special things like this. I also like the Voices of Liberty. I know that the AA attraction is good on its own, but it is especially nice when you get to hear the Voices of Liberty's live, beautiful harmonies beforehand.
. I saw & filmed them last year and was gobsmacked by the quality of their voices.I also like Bill & Charlie.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom