Fountain View Ice Cream closing in early April for Starbucks conversion

Cmdr_Crimson

I was just looking at some pictures on Orlando Theme Park news page and what drew my attention was the Logo for Starbucks..
jbvf8erXivyccM.JPG

I thought a while back they said they weren't going to be showing the logo loud and proud and tried to keep it minimal. But the logo is right at the front entrance of the building..(And I also got a snicker that it also had a resemblance to the old pavilion logo's) But, I know it's the common logo for Starbucks.

hpyhnt 1000

I was just looking at some pictures on Orlando Theme Park news page and what drew my attention was the Logo for Starbucks..
jbvf8erXivyccM.JPG

I thought a while back they said they weren't going to be showing the logo loud and proud and tried to keep it minimal. But the logo is right at the front entrance of the building..(And I also got a snicker that it also had a resemblance to the old pavilion logo's) But, I know it's the common logo for Starbucks.

You have a point. Out of all the in-park Starbucks locations we've seen thus far, Fountainview by far has the most overt logo placement. Its almost impossible to miss.

cspencer96

jbvf8erXivyccM.JPG

I think that at Epcot, the logo showing "loud and proud" doesn't really matter. Epcot has always had corporate entities everywhere (Siemens is the most evident right now, their logo gets laser projected on Spaceship Earth nightly). Never thought about how the round minimalist logo of Starbucks resembles the old EPCOT Center logos, but you're right! I guess those ultra-minimalist and simple logos really were ahead of their time...if only they'd make a comeback.

bearboysnc

Next year when Starbucks is sponsor of the American Adventure or the Universe of Energy, we're all going to look back and go... " lol... remember when we all pee'd our pants about a new corp sponsor?"

I think it looks nice...certainly more 2013 futuristic. Now if only Club Cool could die a True Blood-esque death.

Surely you jest? Club Cool is one of my favorite parts of the park. Plus it is a free :hungry: place to rehydrate. Based on the 49 pages of responses for the link "Disney Refill Cups" I would think people would be happy the place still operates. :confused:

dreamfinder

jbvf8erXivyccM.JPG

I'd say that is pretty minimal. If the "Fountain View" signs were replaced with "Starbucks" signs, then I'd say it was getting a bit over the top. But a 2, maybe 3 foot mermaid logo isn't bad. I'd wager its maybe 30% bigger than the one they have outside the Main Street bakery. I'd love to see an overlay with the old Edy's logos, to see how it compared to those.

Most corporations only have a set of standard graphic imagery. Which is really needed to help keep a unified look, and for people to easily be able to identify the product. And I think Starbucks has only had 3 real logos, the older one currently in use at DCA and MK; the newer one that was the same circle but in black, and with "Starbucks Coffee" around it in green; and the current one shown. I think this is the most appropriate of the 3.

hpyhnt 1000

I don't mind the logo too much, but I can't decide if I'm okay with the "Starbucks Coffee" signs on either side of the door. I think I would have preferred if they had just put one of them under the logo.

Still, overall the building looks much nicer than it did before.

jkl2000

The Starbucks that's already in MK uses the OLD Starbuck's logo (which was considered a wee bit scandalous by people at one point because it's more "revealing). I liked that they'd decided to use to the older logo. These never photos use the most recent Starbuck's logo.

Here's the old logo:

Starbucks-Signage-On-Bakery.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

The Starbucks that's already in MK uses the OLD Starbuck's logo (which was considered a wee bit scandalous by people at one point because it's more "revealing). I liked that they'd decided to use to the older logo. These never photos use the most recent Starbuck's logo.

Here's the old logo:

Starbucks-Signage-On-Bakery.jpg

It makes more sense in the area it's themed in..Seeing the modern version would not work with the theming.

jkl2000

^ Yeah, I agree. I was just surprised, because I read an article about the rollout of the most recent logo, and how Starbuck's was gradually changing it over the years - the article contained a joke that eventually the logo would just be closeup of the mermaid's eyes or something.

But I was glad WDW went with the old logo on Main Street USA.

Here's a link to that article about the logo:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/weekinreview/09heller.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom