Fountain View Ice Cream closing in early April for Starbucks conversion

Bri

Typically the way WDW has been handling these Starbucks stores opening, is they will replace the items that were once there, the ice cream, in a different location within the park. Starbucks opening offers a better quality coffee, for a small coffee Disney will be charging 1.99 which in comparison to a regular Starbucks in the Mid West that costs 1.65, it's not too much of a difference. Also, for those who don't like to indulge in a strong cup of hot coffee, the menu offers frappaccunios (a blended drink with or without coffee that is shake like), iced teas, refreshers, iced coffee and lattes (for those saying they don't want a hot beverage in Orlando, almost anything on the Starbucks menu can be made iced). Also, the logo being the more simplistic logo makes sense with the theme of the "future" this is the most current up to date logo Starbucks offers. In all honesty, I found this part of Epcot to be a bit confusing when trying to find things, the clear logo to me makes it easy to find. The costumes with the baristas working aren't typically Starbucks uniforms, but a sleek futuristic all black attire. Although most items are all Starbucks brand, breakfast sandwiches and pastries, they have some Disney pastries that look like Mickey Mouse and other offerings as well. Plus, imagine drinking around the world showcase...avoid the hangover with a nice cup of coffee, lol or when you've been waiting all day for fireworks, or want a cheap morning fix to start your day at the park. I welcome the new location, though most people say it's just a huge chain coffee store, they often don't realize the coffee comes from all over the world coffee farms and certain ones are even processed within several years to make the batch "just right". Two innovative companies in attention to customer service and detail collaborating sounds brilliant to me.

tirian

As a coffee lover, I have no problem with Starbucks. But how much were you paid to write this ad? ;)

At least there are two marvelous, stupendous companies that excel at phenomenal guest service and are willing to collaborate on making tons of magic for magical days.

Typically the way WDW has been handling these Starbucks stores opening, is they will replace the items that were once there, the ice cream, in a different location within the park. Starbucks opening offers a better quality coffee, for a small coffee Disney will be charging 1.99 which in comparison to a regular Starbucks in the Mid West that costs 1.65, it's not too much of a difference. Also, for those who don't like to indulge in a strong cup of hot coffee, the menu offers frappaccunios (a blended drink with or without coffee that is shake like), iced teas, refreshers, iced coffee and lattes (for those saying they don't want a hot beverage in Orlando, almost anything on the Starbucks menu can be made iced). Also, the logo being the more simplistic logo makes sense with the theme of the "future" this is the most current up to date logo Starbucks offers. In all honesty, I found this part of Epcot to be a bit confusing when trying to find things, the clear logo to me makes it easy to find. The costumes with the baristas working aren't typically Starbucks uniforms, but a sleek futuristic all black attire. Although most items are all Starbucks brand, breakfast sandwiches and pastries, they have some Disney pastries that look like Mickey Mouse and other offerings as well. Plus, imagine drinking around the world showcase...avoid the hangover with a nice cup of coffee, lol or when you've been waiting all day for fireworks, or want a cheap morning fix to start your day at the park. I welcome the new location, though most people say it's just a huge chain coffee store, they often don't realize the coffee comes from all over the world coffee farms and certain ones are even processed within several years to make the batch "just right". Two innovative companies in attention to customer service and detail collaborating sounds brilliant to me.

Bri

As a coffee lover, I have no problem with Starbucks. But how much were you paid to write this ad? ;)

At least there are two marvelous, stupendous companies that excel at phenomenal guest service and are willing to collaborate on making tons of magic for magical days.

Haha I wasn't paid to say anything, however, I may have been working for a certain siren affiliated with a certain mouse for a few years now...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It's a wonder that everyone around here doesn't pull a muscle jumping to conclusions. Is there any reason that you can think of as to why they cannot continue to sell ice cream after Starbucks is in there. It's still not a Starbucks store, it's a Starbucks location. There is a difference. We as a group have beat this Starbucks horse to death when it was announced for MK. Are we going to start it all over again only to find out that nothing was lost and only a brand of coffee was gained.

I'll wait until I see what they offer and if it turns out that there is no Ice Cream anymore, I'll Scream for Ice Cream along with you. ;)

Main St Bakery comes to mind immediately

Cmdr_Crimson

Disneylifestylers.com were able to get video & photo's of the CM Opening...Curious to see what the interior looks like?
20130823-113631.jpg

More here follow the link.
http://www.disneylifestylers.com/first-look-at-fountain-viewstarbucks-at-epcot/

Next Big Thing

looking at those pictures, despite what anyone may say, it's a HUGE improvement over what was there. Definitely gives it a much more modern feel.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese

DJMoore2011

If they keep ice cream we will continue to be regulars. If it goes to full blown Starbucks, we will ignore it just like we ignore all the 1000s of other Starbucks out there. I may the only person left who has never had a Starbucks coffee. To me it is kinda like Subway...they are all over the place, nothing special about them so I don't understand the need for them being in our special place.

Your not the only person who's not had a Starbucks, I have never had anything Starbucks nor will I ever. I don't drink coffee, and the smell of it makes me fell like I am going to throw up. So even though I have heard they sell tea no way you'll get me in there. Unless some poor Cast Member wants to clean whatever was left in my tummy upon entering the building. Same reason I will no longer go into the MK Main Street Bakery.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Also interesting to note is that Starbucks locations in Disney parks are selling Coca Cola products as per Disney's contracts. Starbucks has a deal with Pepsi as they distribute their teas and drinks.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Not to split hairs, but avoid a hangover with a coffee? So drink alcohol Saturday night, which dehydrates you and gives you a hangover, and treat it with a diuretic Sunday morning that dehydrates you more?

Get a $2.50 bottle of water...

That aside, thanks for your insight. I shockingly like the new breakfast sandwiches at Starbucks! And I'm counting down the days to Pumpkin Spice Lattes! 8 days!

hpyhnt 1000

Looks pretty good. Anyone else getting a Sunshine Seasons meets The Seas with Nemo and Friends kind of vibe to it? I think its the wood accents and natural browns combined with the swoopy curves and teal paint.

muteki

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom