Fountain & Bottled Drink, Popcorn, Pretzel, and Other Snack Item Prices Exponentially

trainplane3

$60 for BOG? Welp, I guess I can be happy I'm not the one that's paying for it. Never been there so I'm interested but that still sounds steep for a themed restaurant where the theme is priority and food is second.

Tomi-Rocket

$3.50 for a bottled water is disgusting. Shame on them.

Went to the Fox Theater in Atlanta recently and a 20 oz bottled water was $5!! Now THAT is disgusting!

I actually keep finding times when I say, “And people say Disney is expensive!” Like our recent dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co where our dinner was $125 for 2 of us! (2 beers were $11 each!)

Missing20K

6fd35f2b-8017-490b-b865-8903d5c05b28_text_hi.gif

$60 eh?

LSLS

Because I am bored, I looked at the Bubba Gump menu for Orlando.

Entrees are around $20 each. So, you are at lets round up and say $50.

Apps are $5-15. Let's middle it and say you got one for $10

Drinks are as you said, $11 for the large beers. x2 so $22.

Brownie Sunday for dessert is another $10.

So, we are still short of 125 by about $30.

Hmm.

You scenario, you get $92. Taxes you are at $100. 20% tip adds $20 to your bill, you are talking like $120. Poster could EASILY have spent a bit more on an app or entre, or tipped a bit more. Not sure what you are even questioning.

LittleBuford

But one doesn’t even have to prove that a meal elsewhere might cost the same as a meal at WDW—it just isn’t relevant. Disney isn’t cheap; we all know it, and we all choose to spend a great deal on the unique experiences it offers us. I’ve paid way more than I otherwise would for a meal at Cinderella’s Royal Table, but I have no regrets, because even if the food was mediocre, the magic was entirely worth it. And if a $60 dinner at Be Our Guest is going to make someone equally happy, I say more power to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

John park hopper

Went to Harris Teeter (grocery store chain) this morning to pick up some things and they had pretzels very similar to the ones WDW sells. Selling for the outrageous price of $7.90 (must have been thinking I was in WDW) they were really only 79 cents. Imagine my surprise when they tasted just the same as WDW $7.00 pretzel but just like Disney's pretzel --didn't feel any magic. Yes Disney is a business but the mark up must be incredible.

Calmdownnow

Just pointing out that 10 is not an adult. An adult might eat $60 worth of food, but most kids wouldn't get anywhere near that and alot of families with 2 kids will balk at the idea of paying $240 plus tip for dinner at BOG.

Edit: The $60 fixed price does not include tax, so even without an adult beverage for parents this meal for parents and 2 over 10's is coming around the $300 mark.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Just pointing out that 10 is not an adult. An adult might eat $60 worth of food, but most kids wouldn't get anywhere near that and alot of families with 2 kids will balk at the idea of paying $240 plus tip for dinner at BOG.

I agree. I’m just saying it’s a separate issue from the price increase, before which a 10-year-old would still have to pay the adult price ($55).

If what I’ve read online is to be believed, it’s possible for a child of 10+ to order from the children’s menu without the CM asking for proof of age.

disneyflush

I agree. I’m just saying it’s a separate issue from the price increase, before which a 10-year-old would still have to pay the adult price ($55).

If what I’ve read online is to be believed, it’s possible for a child of 10+ to order from the children’s menu without the CM asking for proof of age.

I would agree. Its not likely that the red line of outrage for this experience lies distinctly between $55 and $60 per 10 year old. This battle was fought and lost many moons ago as to what constitutes a Disney dining adult.

Calmdownnow

I think the point is that this is a fixed price menu. I am not sure that Disney allows ordering from the child's menu when the meal is fixed price. Has anyone any experience of 10 year olds being allowed to opt out of the "adult" fixed price in order to select a cheaper meal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom