Fountain & Bottled Drink, Popcorn, Pretzel, and Other Snack Item Prices Exponentially

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Let's also recognize that Star Wars land will cost over a billion per park, GotG, Remy, and Mickey's new ride won't be free either. Gondolas, new resort, New hotel towers ?

I'll see your snide remarks and raise you our APs

$30+billion in P&R profit since 2010. Over $60 billion (and possibly over $70 billion) in stock buybacks during the same time frame. But let's congratulate Disney for spending a couple billion over 3-4 years on their flagship cash cow.

Amused to Death

I bought my AP, Platinum Plus, for the first time in August of this year and every since I feel like I wasted money on a Disney product. I don't know that I will keep this tier when my renewal rolls around next year. Doesn't seem worth it from a passholder perspective.

I’ve always had the top AP. This past August, I made the decision to drop all the way down to Week Day Select. I’m only out $260. And, instead of paying in full, as usual, I even went with monthly payments — it occurred to me that I’d rather not pay in advance for something I’ve yet to experience.

I must have known, unconsciously, that bottled soda was going to hit $4.50. :D

BernardandBianca

And every quarter, when I receive my Disney dividend check, I'm a happy camper.

That's a pretty good trick, since Disney pays their 1.45% dividend semi-annually.

After seeing these increases, I can't wait to see what they have in store for APs next month (pure speculation on my part, based on the fact that they will want to raise prices before AP holders can renew and get a crack at SW:GE with their AP). $1000, anyone?

Interesting fact, though I hope it is a computer programming issue (Disney NEVER has these) rather than a change in strategy. I was on my passholder page yesterday to see how much my new renewal will be, and it went up approximately $2/month (Gold level). Upgrading to Premium was going to cost about $20/month. Needed to think about this, and discuss with the SO. Went back today, and the only passes available for renewal were Premium and Water Parks only. Gone were the Gold and Silver levels, and the EPCOT After 4. Obviously, will be going back sometime in the next few days to see if things revert back. Otherwise, we will be taking a very hard look at continuing to give WDW our money.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Do we usually hear whispers before AP price increases/major changes or is there precedent for rolling them out with no warning?
The TAs and ticket agencies usually get some advance warning, which leaks out. Officially, Disney usually drops a notice on like Saturday morning that their tickets are going up at midnight.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
$30+billion in P&R profit since 2010. Over $60 billion (and possibly over $70 billion) in stock buybacks during the same time frame. But let's congratulate Disney for spending a couple billion over 3-4 years on their flagship cash cow.

Wrong

Segment Revenue Operating Income
Media networks $6.14 billion $2.08 billion
Parks and resorts $4.88 billion $954 million
Studio entertainment $2.45 billion $847 million
Consumer products
and interactive
entertainment $1.08 billion $354 million

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Such a tired excuse and frankly a comment devoid of any rational thought. But I forgot the pixie dust inhalers, like yourself, don't have such a thing.
Right for the throat this early? Come on now, I'm having a logical discussion here. I don't see everything Disney does as even remotely perfect, you'll see that in my posts in other threads but the fact this thread is almost 30 pages long is crazy. Food prices go up and have ALWAYS gone up, what makes this different other than another venting outlet for things that actually do make a difference when deciding to vacation at WDW, tickets, resort prices, transportation, park planning/attraction selections, etc?

Amused to Death

That's a pretty good trick, since Disney pays their 1.45% dividend semi-annually.

It would be funny if they owned a single framed share of stock. Just how happy of a camper can you be with a check for $1.68? ;)

Went back today, and the only passes available for renewal were Premium and Water Parks only. Gone were the Gold and Silver levels, and the EPCOT After 4.

I can't speak for renewals, I haven't looked, but all of the regular AP levels (Platinum Plus, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Theme Park Select, Weekday Select, Epcot After 4, etc.) can still be tossed into a cart and purchased as new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom