Forthcoming DLP refurbs for the 25th and beyond

Tay

I wanted to go this summer but I think I should get as many summer courses in since I want to transfer soon. Do you guys think in March 2018 the celebration would still be going on?

DlpPhantom

I just watched a video of Pirates of the Caribbean from a week ago and saw no Jack Sparrow has he not been installed? Or was the plan scrapped because I remember the purpose of the refurb was to add him and fix the effects.

GiveMeTheMusic

I just watched a video of Pirates of the Caribbean from a week ago and saw no Jack Sparrow has he not been installed? Or was the plan scrapped because I remember the purpose of the refurb was to add him and fix the effects.

The Pirates refurb has always been scheduled for 2017, so it just hasn't happened yet.

BrianLo

Dumb question potentially: what is happening with Backlot tour now? Am I crazy, or was it closed last winter? I was somehow under the impression it was closing for a major overhaul, but all I see is Jan-March 2017. Are the scene changes and DHS props still on the table?

I am going to the 25th now... It just kind of happened very quickly. Had a week off the start of May that I was trying to figure out what to do and jumped on an e-mail alert about 500 CAD flights to Paris from Calgary. Then I was like 'what should I do in Europe' and realized the 25th is already under way. Serendipitous.

3rd time's the charm for Ratatouille?

Animaniac93-98

Dumb question potentially: what is happening with Backlot tour now? Am I crazy, or was it closed last winter? I was somehow under the impression it was closing for a major overhaul, but all I see is Jan-March 2017. Are the scene changes and DHS props still on the table?

It was originally to close in August and not reopen until April. It looks like those plans have changed. How much so I can't answer that, but maybe @marni1971 can.

If you are going to the Studios, I found the best time to go on Rat was just before park closing. If the exterior queue is short, than the toal wait is as there's not much inside before load.

JDL30

I am going to the 25th now... It just kind of happened very quickly. Had a week off the start of May that I was trying to figure out what to do and jumped on an e-mail alert about 500 CAD flights to Paris from Calgary. Then I was like 'what should I do in Europe' and realized the 25th is already under way. Serendipitous.

At the recent shareholders meeting (early last week) they said the backlot tour refurb had been put on standby. Rumours are they are rethinking this area for a Marvel land and doing away with the tour altogether.

Other news from the shareholders meeting - Hotel New York will be closing for 15 months for a complete refurb followed by a complete Disneyland Paris Hotel refurb (dates tbc). Wifi is also being rolled out to both parks in the next year

Donald Dutch

Also SalonMickeyBlog has posted some interesting information about the Shareholders Rehabilitation Conference. For example that the return of a parade in the Walt Disney Studios park is under consideration and permanent shows will return to the Castle Stage in Fantasyland...
https://salonmickey.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/a-report-from-the-rehabilitation-shareholders-conference/

cjkeating

I am glad things still seem to be progressing well despite the troubles in the Paris area in the past year.

I have a feeling the Tram Tour delay/cut is likely to be a positive in the long term. I've also heard that Star Wars is likely to come to WDSP as opposed to further expansion in DLP so this could also tie into the Tram Tour situation.

Just think... a reimagined entrance area, SWL (I am sure a 'cheaper' version than the US) and a Marvel Land would go a long way to sorting the park out for good.

JDL30

They've also announced that Phantom Manor will get a complete overhaul after the 25th Anniversary celebrations. This is all very encouraging to see all of the renovations are going ahead well after the 25th has been and gone. There's a real feeling that the resort is turning a corner.

I'm there for New Year this year and look forward to seeing all of the upgrades so far (most excited to see the gleamingly restored BTM).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom