Fort Wilderness Golf Carts

KRT

Original Poster
I'm considering a stay in a Fort Wilderness Cabin (first time) and am wondering if I should rent a golf cart for the week. For those of you who have done this, are you glad you did? Did you find that the convenience was worth the extra expense? Thanks.

HoW

I haven't been to Fort Wilderness in a while, but we always loved having the carts when we were there. You just get up and go, there is no waiting for a bus to get yourself somewhere. It's especially useful when you just want to run down to the pool for a little while, or first thing in the morning when everyone is headed for the parks and the bus stops are packed!

Nicole

We didn't rent one. There were five in our group and the golf carts are only supposed to hold four. Also it didn't make sense to rent the cart just to park it at the bus stop all day while we were at the parks.

However, we did have our own car to get groceries and to drive to the parks (except MK), and our cabin was convenient to the internal bus.

JoeyGuacamole

For the first few days of our stay at Fort Wilderness, we didn't rent one, and it was a pain to get around, because believe me the camp ground is HUGE. Once we rented one though, it was so much easier, definetly worth the money. Basically, at FW, you have to take one bus to the buses that take you to the parks or wherever you want to go. With the kart, you can skip the first step, but it really depends on if you have a car with you, and how big your group is.

Chape19714

If it's within your budget, I would definately get a Golf Cart. I would also highly reccomend reservations for the cart, which can be made by calling the Bike Barn at 1-407-824-2742. Reservations are accepted 360 days in advance, so the sooner the better. I highly reccomend the cart, because there is so much at Fort Wilderness, and unfortunately, the cabins are a bit secluded from the marina/pioneer hall and recreation areas. There is a nearby pool, but other than that a golf cart would be a must, or you would have to ride the purple bus, to switch to a orange bus, adding 20 minuetes to get to the sing along. Golf carts are worth every penny if you're in the cabin area.

CatLady

Just a word of advice about the carts - If you want one, make a reservation ahead of time. Your reservation for a camping space does not count as a reservation for a cart. There are more people wanting carts than there are carts, and the CMs can get hammered pretty hard about not having carts available for walkup.

Also, if you are going to rent a cart, keep in mind that the bike barn (where you rent them) closes at 6:00 pm. If you are a late arrival, you can't get a cart until the bike barn reopens at 8:00 am, and when you pick up the cart at 8:00 am, you'll be paying for the previous night, even though you didn't have the cart then.

Disney_Belle

I went down in January and we stayed at the Fort Wilderness Campground there were 7 of us total, but we found the cart to be very helpful. We weren't going to rent one but then decided to, though we did have to make 2 trips each time but it definitely saves time when you are just looking to get some milk from the store or something. the campground is 700 acres I heard VERY BIG! but we rented a cart and definitely got our money's worth :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom