Fort Wilderness Cabins

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I asked around last week and couldn't get any new info. Fort Wilderness is pretty popular from October through early January so I think they'll wait until at least mid January to start taking rooms offline.

DisneyFanatic12

You can check the permits thread in news forums, but there will probably be plenty of news stories (on Disney news websites) once a date is set or at least permits filed. January-next summer seems like the most likely time IF it’s happening soon. Many think that there is no “quiet” season, but there certainly is a peak season!

That being said, Disney likes to give guests plenty of time to modify their plans, so it could still be even farther off! Given that they’re just mobile homes being replaced my new mobile homes or tiny homes, they shouldn’t cause too much construction and shouldn’t take too long to install. BUT, Disney doesn’t always like to do stuff the logical or fastest way 🤣.

Last edited:

DisneyFanatic12

On a side note, anyone think they’re gonna have to build a new feature pool? A relatively small pool with direct sunlight all day doesn’t sound very DVC-like… in addition, the resort will almost certainly become deluxe when the DVC cabins are added. They’ll probably have “The Campgrounds at Fort Wilderness” as a moderate resort and “The Cabins at Fort Wilderness” as a deluxe resort (or something similar). Given that, you’d think there would be a feature pool for each “resort”. Or at least a pool with nicer amenities and maybe some shade so they don’t have to dump buckets of ice into the pool during the summer…

monorail81

On a side note, anyone think they’re gonna have to build a new feature pool? A relatively small pool with direct sunlight all day doesn’t sound very DVC-like… in addition, the resort will almost certainly become deluxe when the DVC cabins are added. They’ll probably have “The Campgrounds at Fort Wilderness” as a moderate resort and “The Cabins at Fort Wilderness” as a deluxe resort (or something similar). Given that, you’d think there would be a feature pool for each “resort”. Or at least a pool with nicer amenities and maybe some shade so they don’t have to dump buckets of ice into the pool during the summer…
And maybe that’s exactly why the primitive area still hasn’t opened yet…

nickys

Premium Member
I’m fairly sure the announcement said “new amenities”. I think a new pool is definitely needed. My other thought is maybe a new “clubhouse” with dedicated check-in, a community hall, store and coffee lounge that could also serve as a lounge bar in the evenings - like at Riviera.

Ayla

I’m fairly sure the announcement said “new amenities”. I think a new pool is definitely needed. My other thought is maybe a new “clubhouse” with dedicated check-in, a community hall, store and coffee lounge that could also serve as a lounge bar in the evenings - like at Riviera.
Gran Destino has the coffee bar/lounge bar, too.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

Rumor has it each cabin will have its own spa/hottub

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Rumor has it each cabin will have its own spa/hottub
Fort Wildeness in particular has increased sustainability efforts + Disney has said something about an eye on the environmental, so I can't see this happening. Yes, they can be made from sustainable materials but they'd still need to be heated and, likely, a lot of wasted energy doing so. Yes, they can be solar polared but that's not going to work as well with trees and any solar energy that can be captured would do better offsetting the cabin itself.

Now if wanting to believe they'll put in one hot tub for each loop, then maybe but still seems unlikely from a space utility view.

CaptainAmerica

No way. Just from a maintenance standpoint, will never happen. We had a hot tub for ten years and it required weekly chemicals, as well as water testing, a twice yearly drain/clean and refill. They aren't going to invest that kind of manpower.
If there's a nugget of truth to this rumor, I'm guessing it's going to be the soaking bathtub that most DVC 1-bedroom villas have.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
If there's a nugget of truth to this rumor, I'm guessing it's going to be the soaking bathtub that most DVC 1-bedroom villas have.
A dedicated tub and a washer + dryer are the biggest ammenity differences between existing cabins and traditional DVC one bedroom units. They probably want to market them as one bedroom units but the existing cabins are comparatively smaller at 504 square. AKL value is 629 and Copper Creek is 675. So it seems like either they need to expand the size or some expected one bedroom amenities may not be included.

nickys

Premium Member
A dedicated tub and a washer + dryer are the biggest ammenity differences between existing cabins and traditional DVC one bedroom units. They probably want to market them as one bedroom units but the existing cabins are comparatively smaller at 504 square. AKL value is 629 and Copper Creek is 675. So it seems like either they need to expand the size or some expected one bedroom amenities may not be included.
That plus the master bedroom, rather than one with a queen and set of bunks. A loft sleeping space would solve that.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
That plus the master bedroom, rather than one with a queen and set of bunks. A loft sleeping space would solve that.
Right! With a king bed instead of a queen. I believe Disney had said they'll sleep 6 adults so unless the significantly increase size for a second bedroom. I'd be surprised to see a sleeping chair in the living room (similar to AKL value 1br not having one), so they may still need to fit 4 into the bedroom. Murphy bunks exists but the ones I've seen aren't as functional as the queen Murphy that's a couch when bed is up.

nickys

Premium Member
@lentesta has posted a picture on the Touring Plans forum of a new cabin on a trailer.

I don’t want to steal that, hoping he might post it here! 😊

But from the photo it looks like a central living space and two identical end sections. No room for the sleeping loft many were hoping for but it could mean 2 bedrooms with a bathroom each. That would make it very attractive.

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta has posted a picture on the Touring Plans forum of a new cabin on a trailer.

But from the photo it looks like a central living space and two identical end sections. No room for the sleeping loft many were hoping for but it could mean 2 bedrooms with a bathroom each. That would make it very attractive.

This photo?
unnamed (5).jpg

Ayla

Couldn't the elevated parts on either side with the windows be a sleeping loft?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom