Fort Wilderness Cabins

DCBaker

Premium Member
@lentesta has posted a picture on the Touring Plans forum of a new cabin on a trailer.

I don’t want to steal that, hoping he might post it here! 😊

But from the photo it looks like a central living space and two identical end sections. No room for the sleeping loft many were hoping for but it could mean 2 bedrooms with a bathroom each. That would make it very attractive.

For what it's worth, @castlecake2.0 updated the post and noted it was a Guest's custom built RV. See below.

UPDATE: this is apparently not the new cabins, but a guest’s custom built RV

False alarm lol
View attachment 720448

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
@lentesta has posted a picture on the Touring Plans forum of a new cabin on a trailer.

I don’t want to steal that, hoping he might post it here! 😊

But from the photo it looks like a central living space and two identical end sections. No room for the sleeping loft many were hoping for but it could mean 2 bedrooms with a bathroom each. That would make it very attractive.
Too bathrooms would be WAY too cramped. The cabins are only about 500 square feet versus 800 square feet in a 1-bedroom villa at Kidani Village.

nickys

Premium Member
Too bathrooms would be WAY too cramped. The cabins are only about 500 square feet versus 800 square feet in a 1-bedroom villa at Kidani Village.
One master plus corner bathroom. Bedroom could be smaller than now, without the bunks. The other room could be a double plus a small bathroom like the extra one at BLT - which isn’t much more than 6x6, so could be adjacent to the bedroom.
Then a sofa bed, kitchen units in the corner left by the master bed.

These aren’t going to be huge but they will sleep 6. One bathroom for 6 adults is not enough. And I firmly believe they must have a master bedroom for DVC.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The cabins already sleep 6. 2 in a queen bed, a twin over twin bunk, and 2 in queen pull out bed.

I'm with Cap that the current size is way too small for a second bathroom.They can get more creative with space by removing the hallways wasted space and having both the bathroom and bedroom accessible directly from the living area. But it'd already be DVC's smallest one bedroom so the idea of adding a second bedroom is silly, imo. They can't add a second bedroom and second bedroom without either significantly increasing size or making bedrooms and bathrooms cruise ship sized, and the latter is not tenable for DVC members.

And I don't see the point of a dedicated second bedroom. There just aren't enough people that want a second bedroom so it's wasted space for too many people. Do we think given a choice between (A) a big living area with flexible sittingb and sleeping space ave (B) a cramped second bedroom and cramped living area, that people would rather inflexible arrangements? Flexible arrangements with a murphy style sofa/bed is such a no brainer, imo. The 5th and 6th sleepers could follow a similar murphy bed idea and introduce a murphy bunk bed into the bedroom to free up floor space and add bedroom seating when the bed. The top could either be a second murphy bunk or a DCL like pull down from the ceiling, although from ceiling seems less likely with roof lines we've seen.

I don't think the loft idea works but it's at least possible to squeeze a lot of "guts" into a closed of space. Think like "built in" cabinets, water heater and plumbing stuff, maybe a/c return, and bedroom closet space, then a loft on top. But it'd likely still waste some space. And a loft with living area underneath would be awfully cramped. So I'd avoid the loft in favor of more usable space.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Does anyone know when they will start the cabin removals and installations
Looks like there was a permit for this last week, so it's likely starting soon with a completion date on 5/1/2025.

1695665324336.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom