Fort Wilderness Cabin Help Please!

Tink423

Good Evening all!

We have booked Fort Wilderness Cabins for 6 Nov thru 12 Nov.
It will be me, DH, DD (16), DS (13), DS (9), DD (2) and possibly DM.

I have already reserved my golf cart and am taking my 3 oldest bikes.

Is there anything, that I will need other than the basic fully furnished cabin type stuff???

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
If you are going to use the pack-n-play I would bring extra sheets. Other than that you should be good. I am assuming you are drive due to the statement that you are bring in bikes. If you aren't then I would order some food and drinks ahead of time through wegoshop.com. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

smk

Stop at a grocery store before you check in, or go after, but the camp store is fairly pricey for essentials. You can find anything you need there but you will pay extra for it.

The cabins are wonderful. You will have everything you need to cook and eat a full meal (plates, bowls , silverware for 6). We ususally concentrate on breakfast items and then have some snack things like pizza for those late nights home form the park. Don't worry about leaving the dishes in the sink, mousekeeping will load and run the dishwasher!

The cart is a must, good thing you have it reserved! If you have a (potential) driver underage be careful and avoid letting them drive the cart at all, security is everywhere.

Have a blast, FW is my favorite! :wave:

Upvote 0

TheKeeler7

Assumming your traveling from the east on I4 , if you get off one exit early on South Apopka- Vineland road heading north there is a Winn-Dixe a little ways up on the right, You'll save a lot over buying food on property. ( get a Winn-Dixie card at the service desk to save more).

From there you could take back roads by Downtown Disney to avoid going back on I4 but you'll miss out on the Big Welcome Sign which the kids (ok me too) love.

Upvote 0

*wdwobsessed18*

Assuming you are traveling to Disney in a vehicle a few good thing to bring from home are paper plates, plastic utensils, bowls etc... (You don’t want to have to be doing breakfast dishes before leaving for the parks in the am) Food is a must it’s a full kitchen so anything you would have at home for breakfast, lunch, dinner... (Cereal for the kids, bread, sandwich meats, chicken, pastas) Whatever you plan to cook while there. It’s a full sized fridge so plenty of room. The store is pretty pricey but is good for just picking things up milk, bread, and breakfast items... whatever you run out of or need fresh. It’s good to try an get most stuff off property or bring it from home.... You will love the campground we stay there every time we go to Disney!!! Hope this helps!!!

Upvote 0

TheJonesys

Hi Tink 423, hope you enjoy your holiday, if you get the chance can you let us know what they're like. We're staying off site this year, but next time I was thinking of booking the cabins. I like the idea of having your own kitchen and separate bedroom.:wave:

Upvote 0

CMTinkerbell99

Assuming you are traveling to Disney in a vehicle a few good thing to bring from home are paper plates, plastic utensils, bowls etc... (You don’t want to have to be doing breakfast dishes before leaving for the parks in the am)

Don't worry about bringing any paper plates, utensils, bowls etc because your mousekeeper will take care of the dishes! The only thing I would bring and I imagine you don't go far without one with a 2 year old is a couple of sippy cups.

FTW Cabins are great. Don't miss campfire and the movies!

Upvote 0

sbkline

We hope to stay at the cabins on our next trip as well. And one question that's been on my mind is if we need to bring our own lawnchairs to sit out on the porch, or if the cabins come furnished with porch chairs?

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

I had heard to bring an extra pillow with you if you like to have alot in the full size.

What was the rental rate for the carts? We are trying to choose to get 1 or 2 for our part.

Upvote 0

CMTinkerbell99

We hope to stay at the cabins on our next trip as well. And one question that's been on my mind is if we need to bring our own lawnchairs to sit out on the porch, or if the cabins come furnished with porch chairs?

There is a picnic table on the porch/deck as well as a charcoal grill

HTH

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member

There is a picnic table, but no separate chairs.

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
I had heard to bring an extra pillow with you if you like to have alot in the full size.

What was the rental rate for the carts? We are trying to choose to get 1 or 2 for our part.

Last time we were there they were ~$50 a day for the carts. I think we paid less for our rental car. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Tink423

Original Poster
Yes, I was given the price of $50 per day on the Golf cart, it is why we have opted to take bikes for the 3 oldest, instead of getting another cart.

I figure that they can hop on them and probably beat us back to the cabin most nights! and I found a car/minivan bike trunk attacher for $40 at walmart.

Upvote 0

Tink423

Original Poster
They do, Children under 3 do not count in your number, but they provide a pack n play for them to sleep in!

As a matter of fact they don't count in any of the resort guest numbers! Kind of funny since she will probably take up the most room!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom