Formula 1 2023

Timmay

Original Poster
All right F1 fans. Getting close.

Russell signs with Mercedes and Hamilton is out. Naw...just kidding.

Hamilton has resigned with Mercedes...not a shock at all. Cant seem to confirm if the rumored “Verstappen Clause” was included or not. Kinda shows who Hamilton is most afraid of.

Couple of new faces this year, as well as driver moves. I’m disappointed to not having the pink Racing Point cars this year. We get to settle for the ugly green Aston Martin liveries instead.

One of the proposed changes? A 100k sprint on Saturday to set the grid as opposed to the normal qualifying. Mercedes will not be voting for that. Red Bull might not either. But everyone else will see that as attractive.

Timmay

Original Poster
I highly suggest watching the first two seasons of Drive to Survive on Netflix if you want to learn about F1. Season three comes out March 19th, and the 2021 season starts soon after.

Timmay

Original Poster
Hamilton wins the 2021 F1 title .
There I said it first.
Hamilton has a complete nervous breakdown mid-season because he can’t get Verstappen out of his head. Oh, and it rains on half the races and Hamilton becomes totally lost at that point.

Hey, we can dream, can’t we.

Timmay

Original Poster
Hamilton 6 time world champion and possibly more world titles? Yes, he is the GOAT in my opinion.
His Mercedes car is the GOAT possibly, as Russell proved last year. The thing about Hamilton and Mercedes is they are a one trick pony. Get the pole on Saturday and away we go...as long as there is no rain, no tire wear issues, no strange track temperature changes, and no missing the pit closed signs. They have a difficult time adapting on the go.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Hamilton 6 time world champion and possibly more world titles? Yes, he is the GOAT in my opinion.

His Mercedes car is the GOAT possibly, as Russell proved last year. The thing about Hamilton and Mercedes is they are a one trick pony. Get the pole on Saturday and away we go...as long as there is no rain, no tire wear issues, no strange track temperature changes, and no missing the pit closed signs. They have a difficult time adapting on the go.
Exactly. He isn't the greatest driver of all time. Just the most successful pilot of the best car at the time.
There are plenty of better drivers that could be argued as the best ever , without even mentioning the obvious Fangio, Senna , Schumacher .

Buck Wheelie

Just a matter of time until Lewis overtakes Michael's 7 time world champion titles. Hamilton is only in his mid 30s. Hamilton is the GOAT of F1.
This has been discussed on many F1 sites. Lewis is a good driver but Russell proved last year that the Mercedes car is so dominate almost any driver could win in it. Michael also had a very dominate car in his years at Ferrari. Both drivers had the luxury of always being in a good car in their F1 careers. Michael did have one race at Jordan to start his career. He also played a big role in developing the csr Lewis is now driving.

So who is the GOAT? All things considered I would say neither. A great driver can do more with a lesser car. Ayrton Senna had amazing drives in his early F1 starts before he signed with a top team. He would get my vote for the greatest.

Buck Wheelie

All right F1 fans. Getting close.

Russell signs with Mercedes and Hamilton is out. Naw...just kidding.

Hamilton has resigned with Mercedes...not a shock at all. Cant seem to confirm if the rumored “Verstappen Clause” was included or not. Kinda shows who Hamilton is most afraid of.

Couple of new faces this year, as well as driver moves. I’m disappointed to not having the pink Racing Point cars this year. We get to settle for the ugly green Aston Martin liveries instead.

One of the proposed changes? A 100k sprint on Saturday to set the grid as opposed to the normal qualifying. Mercedes will not be voting for that. Red Bull might not either. But everyone else will see that as attractive.
Rumored the pink cars will be back this year with either Haas or Williams.

Timmay

Original Poster
I just looked at it. I don't really care for the livery. I knew it would be a green car but that just doesn't do it for me.
I’m not a big fan of the Aston Martin color scheme as it is, but it will stand out from the obligatory blue/black/red that everyone else seems to be using. Personally I’m digging the white wheels on the AlphaTauri.

Lilofan

This has been discussed on many F1 sites. Lewis is a good driver but Russell proved last year that the Mercedes car is so dominate almost any driver could win in it. Michael also had a very dominate car in his years at Ferrari. Both drivers had the luxury of always being in a good car in their F1 careers. Michael did have one race at Jordan to start his career. He also played a big role in developing the csr Lewis is now driving.

So who is the GOAT? All things considered I would say neither. A great driver can do more with a lesser car. Ayrton Senna had amazing drives in his early F1 starts before he signed with a top team. He would get my vote for the greatest.
A good driver and I'm still in shock Nico Rosberg retired a few years ago. At least he retired on top. Eleven years of F1 probably took its toll on Nico also.

DavidNoble

A good driver and I'm still in shock Nico Rosberg retired a few years ago. At least he retired on top. Eleven years of F1 probably took its toll on Nico also.

It can't be comfortable riding in those cars. I couldn't do it. My father wanted me to be a race car driver when I was growing up and I enjoyed it, but the risk was too great in my eyes.

Buck Wheelie

I had heard Niko promised his wife if he won the Championship he would retire. It was a stressful year for the MB team with Niko and Lewis fighting it out. I think that's why Bottas was hired. He didn't cause rifts with Lewis and is the clear #2 driver in the team. Niko had no desire to be a #2 driver. I don't think Niko and Lewis are friends today.

Lilofan

I had heard Niko promised his wife if he won the Championship he would retire. It was a stressful year for the MB team with Niko and Lewis fighting it out. I think that's why Bottas was hired. He didn't cause rifts with Lewis and is the clear #2 driver in the team. Niko had no desire to be a #2 driver. I don't think Niko and Lewis are friends today.
Nick completely exhausted after 25 years of racing, 11 with F1, just won the championship retired on top. The " time to spend with family" is a common theme among people who leave their profession.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom