Formula 1 2023

Timmay

Original Poster
I’m going to be the lone dissenting voice here it looks like. Lol. I just don’t think it’s cool considering it was basically a work of art that took six months to be crafted by hand. I feel bad for the people that made it.

I’m pretty sure he is going to be politely asked to be more careful in the future.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I’m going to be the lone dissenting voice here it looks like. Lol. I just don’t think it’s cool considering it was basically a work of art that took six months to be crafted by hand. I feel bad for the people that made it.

I’m pretty sure he is going to be politely asked to be more careful in the future.
Maybe Max should have been more careful where he left his trophy before the champagne celebration.

GimpYancIent

It looks like none of the drivers on that podium cared about the trophy. It would have been prudent for event organizers to discreetly remove the trophy and place it in a safe location for the winner just prior to the champagne celebrating beginning. These drivers abuse and wreck multi-million dollar machines routinely, meh it's a trophy there will be more races and more trophy's.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I am sure he wasn't thinking about that aspect, and will feel bad once he does...

Timmay

Original Poster
It looks like none of the drivers on that podium cared about the trophy. It would have been prudent for event organizers to discreetly remove the trophy and place it in a safe location for the winner just prior to the champagne celebrating beginning. These drivers abuse and wreck multi-million dollar machines routinely, meh it's a trophy there will be more races and more trophy's.
I agree nobody seemed to care…that’s why I feel bad for the artists that spent months crafting it. I guess I just view that trophy in particular as a work of art.

GimpYancIent

I agree nobody seemed to care…that’s why I feel bad for the artists that spent months crafting it. I guess I just view that trophy in particular as a work of art.
Yes, a work of art and a point of pride for Austria. If anything, an apology is owed to Austria for the careless act.

Timmay

Original Poster
Otmar out at Alpine after the weekend. That’s a shame. I think Alpine is going to find no more improvement with a new team principle than Ferrari did. I don’t think it’s the drivers either. It’s just been a horribly unlucky year.

I blame Ryan Reynolds.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
I don’t know that replacing Otmar helps, but unfortunately I’m not sure it hurts much either. It’s mostly the car. Both drivers could do more with a better car, but both have a history of being boneheads on occasion. Rightly or wrongly the stink of the Piastri debacle attached itself to Otmar.

Timmay

Original Poster
I know many are currently finding things pretty boring. Two suggestions.

Remember we are watching some significant history being made. If that doesn’t help…

Put a piece of masking tape on your TV covering up the number 1 spot. That should ratchet things up a notch.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Remember we are watching some significant history being made. If that doesn’t help…

Put a piece of masking tape on your TV covering up the number 1 spot. That should ratchet things up a notch.
Or turn the commentary off and just listen to the radio of MV.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

we did find out that the Red Bull is only about 7 seconds better than the next team in the hands of a slightly above average F1 driver.

Timmay

Original Poster
You were waiting for him to get knocked into for the 100th time?
Yeah. I’m a sucker for punishment.

The fact is Alpine is a complete mess. They have turned over their top six non-driver positions multiple times in 4 years, then charged some of them with holding multiple positions at once. Digging into this more and more, it appears the very high ups at Renault have no desire for any of those six positions at Alpine to actually run things, but instead to meet the expectations of management with no F1 experience…hence Otmar’s recent statement of “it’s not possible to get nine women pregnant at once and expect to be a dad in one month.”

Too many people with their fingers in the Alpine pie. Red Bull and Mercedes each have one single person that is responsible for everything that does and doesn’t happen with the team. The buck stops with them. Which two teams are the most successful again in the last 14 years?

Sorry…big rant. Just make your team principal the CEO, let them run it how it should be run, and you got at minimum a top five team every year.

Love Ft Wilderness

Unfortunately, Disney and my cable provider are in a dispute and Disney pulled all programming off it. I may not get to see the race this weekend. It all started last night. I'm hoping that they resolve their differences soon.
And no, I don't subscribe to any streaming services.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom