Formula 1 2023

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Yes the 7 time world champ was a victim.

Watching the previous turns, you can see Hamiltons car is heavy and pushing in every turn. A 7 time world champion must have felt that and responded appropriately.

But hey, I'm a victim of someone else's actions and will respond accordingly. That is a hack. Hamilton should have backed out and passed at some other opportunity. After all, the 7 time world champ overcame a 10 second penalty to win the race.
Fair enough. Your definition of a hack is obviously different to mine.

Nubs70

Fair enough. Your definition of a hack is obviously different to mine.
If Hamilton toned down his post race celebration, simply said "I do not know what happened, I need to see the replay" would give a degree of respect. But to go on a grand victory lap and then blame on bullying, that is not professional.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
If Hamilton toned down his post race celebration, simply said "I do not know what happened, I need to see the replay" would give a degree of respect. But to go on a grand victory lap and then blame on bullying, that is not professional.
As I said . To me a hack is a consistently bad driver who is there not due to his talent. Hamilton has major talent. Is he a , let's go with plonker ? Yes

Nubs70

As I said . To me a hack is a consistently bad driver who is there not due to his talent. Hamilton has major talent. Is he a , let's go with plonker ? Yes
If you follow American football. Barry Sanders was a running back for Detroit. Very good, immensely skilled. After he scored, he would put the ball on the turf and go back to the huddle. No dramatic celebration. That was classy.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
If you follow American football. Barry Sanders was a running back for Detroit. Very good, immensely skilled. After he scored, he would put the ball on the turf and go back to the huddle. No dramatic celebration. That was classy.
Oh I agree . I think Mr H lacks a certain good grace and humility. Not a fan , but appreciate he has talent.
Think the best driver on the grid atm is Mr Alonso.

Timmay

Original Poster
Well, off to another exciting start. Bottas is going to be in a bit a trouble for that start. Managed to take out both Red Bulls at turn one.

Timmay

Original Poster
Bottas is getting a 5 place grid penalty next race
Yeah. Mercedes has taken a huge deficit in both the driver and manufacturers points and turned them into a slight advantage…all by running Red Bulls off the track. Who would have thought. Bottas probably gets a two year contract extension for that move today.

Congrats to Ocon though. That was awesome.

Nubs70

Yeah. Mercedes has taken a huge deficit in both the driver and manufacturers points and turned them into a slight advantage…all by running Red Bulls off the track. Who would have thought. Bottas probably gets a two year contract extension for that move today.

Congrats to Ocon though. That was awesome.
Who would have thought that crashing out, finishing 1 car in 3rd, and a next race penalty would put you into the points lead. How fortunate.

Timmay

Original Poster
Who would have thought that crashing out, finishing 1 car in 3rd, and a next race penalty would put you into the points lead. How fortunate.
Very fortunate.

I’m being a bit facetious about Bottas. I know it wasn’t intentional, and there is no way to plan that. The issue now is Red Bull is just about at the spending cap limit for the year, through no fault of their own. That’s a hard pill to swallow, when they were so dominant.

Nubs70

Very fortunate.

I’m being a bit facetious about Bottas. I know it wasn’t intentional, and there is no way to plan that. The issue now is Red Bull is just about at the spending cap limit for the year, through no fault of their own. That’s a hard pill to swallow, when they were so dominant.
It would seem reasonable that if a driver causes a crash that results in a certain level of sanction, the sanctioned team should cover the cost of repairs.

Alfa Romeo would be out a few €'s today also.

Timmay

Original Poster
It would seem reasonable that if a driver causes a crash that results in a certain level of sanction, the sanctioned team should cover the cost of repairs.

Alfa Romeo would be out a few €'s today also.
Yeah, or a team’s repair costs don’t count against their cap. Either works. Something does need to change though.

Timmay

Original Poster
Off track drama now. Vettel disqualified from the race for failing to have at least 1 liter of fuel remaining in the car after the race. Hamilton finishes 2nd, gains 2 more points over Verstappen.

Hamilton publicly calls out the Mercedes team, says it was the team’s fault he didn’t win. Mercedes refutes this, says they made the right call.

Kinda sad we have a 4 week break. Things are heating up all over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom