Trip Report Forget about your worries and your strife. 🌞 Live trip report.

Quick recap of my pre-trip report to refresh memories or as just as catchup.
I (Mimi) am going on a solo trip to Disney World, 14 glorious days at AKL to do what I want, when I want.:joyfull:

This morning I woke up excited and ready to go, I threw the last things into my suitcase, double checked everything and happily went out in the rain to catch the bus to the train station. I gave myself plenty of time to get to the airport incase of delays etc. but luckily everything went smoothly and I arrived at the airport with plenty of time to share.
I looked around the shops a bit and took some photos to kill the time.
DSC_0024.JPG

These cups in a cafe don't spin but are cute none the less.
DSC_0025.JPG

Finally it was time to board my first flight.
DSC_0030.JPG

This add made me smile as it was spot on.:)

DSC_0035.JPG

The flight from Amsterdam to London was only 50 minutes and kind of boring except for the 2 Dutch ladies sitting in the row behind me. They were very unhappy that none of the flight attendants spoke Dutch,keep in mind that this was a British Airways flight, and complained loudly that it shouldn't be allowed for airlines to fly out of Amsterdam without at least one Dutch speaking crew member and the ladies refused to speak English to the crew. I didn't understand their logical at all and was happy the crew members didn't understand what they were saying. I was tempted to turn around to point out their stupidity but refrained. 🙊

Soon enough we landed safely at Gatwick, my hotel was easy to find and the check in staff were friendly and professional. My room is as expected, small and modern.
DSC_0044.JPG

The shower is right in front of the toilet without a barrier:hilarious: not the best layout but fine for just a night.
DSC_0045.JPG

No view as my room doesn't have a window.
Now I am just watching some TV, wishing it was tomorrow.:)

12in12

Original Poster
Thank you Red Nose for allowing us to follow along live/semi live on your 2 week Solo adventure

Max
It was fun to follow you!
Hope you had a save flight.
I can't believe your trip is over! Thanks for taking us along with you!
You are very welcome, I am terribly behind on others trip reports but hope to catch up soon including yours.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I really enjoyed following along (even though I was usually a couple of days behind!) Hope you made it home safely!
Happy to have had you along.

Hope you arrived home safely? :inlove:
I did arrive home safely just with a few unwanted germs.

^^^This we miss you in chit chat
You are too sweet! I will be back soon, I have some fun news.

12in12

Original Poster
I wanted to share my last morning of my trip with you, Wednesday 31 January.
After sadly saying goodbye to my wonderful room and view I dropped my suitcase of at Bell service and hopped on the bus to my happy place. I made it to the MK for rope drop and walked straight onto Buzz.
wdw2018031925147511_8168654127_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

This morning was not about running around but enjoying some of my favorites so next I took a spin on the people mover.
DSC_1193.JPG

DSC_1220.JPG

I had my picture taken with Cinderella Castle.
wdw2018031925143461_408432638624_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

And then went to eat something that can't help but make you smile.
Mickey waffle:hungry:
DSC_1199.JPG

I timed it so that the first Muppets in History would begin after I finished eating and it worked out perfectly. They preformed the signing of the declaration of independence, which I think is the better of the two shows.
DSC_1202.JPG

In walked around to the Tangled bathroom and tried to find some more Pascals but still got stuck at three.
DSC_1204.JPG

DSC_1206.JPG

DSC_1207.JPG

12in12

Original Poster
After the hunt for Pascal it was time for the HM, the line moved so fast I didn't have time for a good picture.
DSC_1068.JPG

PP was next, bitter sweet as I would be heading back to London in a few hours time.
DSC_1209.JPG

Next up my favorite yellow bear.
DSC_1213.JPG

I made my way back to Main Street, it was hard looking happy in this photo.
wdw2018031925273538_408436433869_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

My last ride of this trip was the MPB, this way I could see all of the park one last time.
DSC_1226.JPG

And that was it for the park, I made it back to AKL with enough time to have some lunch at Mara. Falafel with garlic yoghurt sauce and salad. Good think I had my toothbrush in my carry on because that garlic sauce was strong.
DSC_1230.JPG

I walked to the viewing area and had a great talk with a CM from South Africa while watching the giraffes. I asked her what were the most ignorant questions she had been asked by guests and we had a good laugh about some of them. It was a nice way to wait for the Tragical Express.
DSC_1233-1.JPG

12in12

Original Poster
I am glad you are feeling better. I was worried when we hadn't heard from you. I knew you would finish this great trip report.
I am behind with emails etc. as well but will be in touch soon. Life gets busy outside of the bubble. I can also be found on the chitchat thread with lots of other nice people. :)
A truly great trip report. The dedication you have to possess to do these live is astronomical! I'm hoping you're on the mend and planning that next great Trip! Be safe and be well my friend.
Do-ey
You have a great memory! I am glad you liked the trip report and I will be catching up with yours this week. Looking forward to it.

krisri18

I wanted to share my last morning of my trip with you, Wednesday 31 January.
After sadly saying goodbye to my wonderful room and view I dropped my suitcase of at Bell service and hopped on the bus to my happy place. I made it to the MK for rope drop and walked straight onto Buzz.
View attachment 261660

This morning was not about running around but enjoying some of my favorites so next I took a spin on the people mover.
View attachment 261663
View attachment 261666

I had my picture taken with Cinderella Castle.
View attachment 261662

And then went to eat something that can't help but make you smile.
Mickey waffle:hungry:
View attachment 261665

I timed it so that the first Muppets in History would begin after I finished eating and it worked out perfectly. They preformed the signing of the declaration of independence, which I think is the better of the two shows.
View attachment 261669

In walked around to the Tangled bathroom and tried to find some more Pascals but still got stuck at three.
View attachment 261661
View attachment 261664
View attachment 261668
That's 3 more Pascals then I can ever seem to find! lol

93boomer

Premium Member
Glad you made it home safely. Sorry about those nasty germs! I really enjoyed your live report. It was like I was there with you, and I really needed an ‘escape’ from the outside world while you were there. See you soon on chitchat. :)

Songbird76

I don't know why the person jumped out, just that they did.

I have never even heard of that competition, sounds fun though.

I'm happy people enjoyed reading my report since I am not a natural writer, I'm sad I had to leave but I am so fortunate in life I can't really complain.
I can't find anything on a competition this year...it used to be just a Dutch thing at the end of August each year, and there was a kids category, and then one for amatures and one for professionals. It was always packed. We haven't gone since we had the kids, because there was no way you would get a stroller through the crowds and once the kids weren't in strollers anymore, it was just too busy anyway. DS can't handle that. But you can google it and see pictures of some of them...they are really fun to see. Some will put out a bowl or hat and when you put a coin in, they will change positions. The first year, there was a couple who had a whole series of poses...they were waiting for a bus, and at one point, they look at their watches, then they hold up their hands to hail the bus, then they are looking down the street where the bus had just passed them, then they are flipping off the bus driver. I think they won that year because no one else had the whole series that was like a storyline. They were so good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom