Forget a 5th park, we need renovations!

eeaton71

Original Poster
Just got back from WDW and had a great time, but one thing keep creeping through my mind. They don’t need a 5<SUP>th</SUP> park, they need to renovate and expand the current ones. Let give some ideas on how they could start.

First off Magic Kingdom:

I will admit that I am a sucker for the Magic Kingdom, I don’t have much to say about it. I understand that this is themed more for kids and I’m ok with that. I’m 34 and still like going on Peter Pan (not without a fast pass though). My major suggestion would be to add 1 roller coaster. A big, looping, spin tingling roller coaster. Something along the lines of the Hulk coaster at Universal. Second, I would revamp space mountain. Maybe make it a tad longer and some more dips. Lastly, (this one is for all the parents out there) Please add multiple rooms for the character meet and greed in toontown. Especially the princesses. Waiting in a 30 minute line to see Snow White can be mind numbing. Especially with a toddler kicking and screaming. Just add another room with another set of characters so you can double the speed of the line.

Second MGM:

I understand the issue with this park is that the idea is to give people an education on what it is like to make a movie. The problem is, once you have seen it, your done. How many times can you go and see the animation tour! Anyway, keeping this in mind, Star tours needs a major overhaul. I have never liked this ride:p . I like the concept, but not the ride. This needs major work. Make is more believable, put in some of our beloved star wars characters! Do something please, (it is my understanding that they are actually going to do this – Yay!). I just skip this ride now. Next, nix the Indiana Jones stunt spectalular, and replace it with the Indiana Jones ride. Lastly, bring some kid rides in. I was just there with my 3 year old daughter and there isn’t much to do with them. The one thing Disney needs to keep in mind, is that when the adults are on the adult rides, the kids need somewhere to go. And two shows (mermaid / Toon Disney) and a playground just don’t cut it.

Third EPCOT:

Again, I understand that the issue with this park is to show a vision of the future. But, has EPCOT really done that? Am I the only one who hits Fast Track, Mission Space, Soarin, and the EXIT! The world showcase is nice, but unless you want to eat or shop, you only need to do it once. I know that this is suppose to show you the different cultures, but would a ride or two ruin the illusion? I don’t think so. The Innoventions pavilions need to be updated. Put more into these areas, always update them. I liked when they had the arcade area and showed you the latest and greatest games and home products. Bring in apple, GM, IBM, Microsoft in and give us a look into the future. Stop showing us stuff that we already use and see today. Lastly, Spaceship Earth! ReDo! Make this a roller coaster, or something with a little excitement added to it. I watched as people waited over 40 minutes to go on this ride and all I could say to myself was "These poor people have no idea what they are waiting for" :brick: It’s the centerpiece to the park, make it a good ride.

Last but not least Animal Kingdom:

I don’t really know what to say about this one. I skipped this park this year. I can’t wait until expedition Everest comes, keep adding more rides. You are defiantly on the right track there. Also, revamp the river ride and expand it to like 3 times longer. This is the shortest lamest ride (next to spaceship earth). Lastly, Dinosaur:hammer: , ReDo! I don’t like this ride. It is bumpy, and just does not bring me into the illusion. I just feel like a scrambled egg when I’m done. Less bumps and more thrills.

I know a lot of you will say but what about the shows and parades? There are fine, I don’t particularly like them, but they do serve a purpose (smaller lines for me to go on rides, while you all watch them). Lets bring some money back into all the parks and make what we have already better. Then we can talk about a 5<SUP>th</SUP> park.

What do you think?:)

General Grizz

There won't be a fifth park for QUITE some time - if ever. As for the coasters, I'm not as concerned, simply because I can't say I support a ride that potentially doesn't fit in with a themed resort. If it fits well, tells a story, and doesn't take away from the family and potential educational/inspirational, then they should go for it.

Make a copy of the Hulk? Just go to Universal. . . it's right there.

Also keep in mind that there are guests who really appreciate the attractions you may not enjoy (i.e. those waiting for Spaceship Earth). Although their #1 goal isn't necessarily to see this specific show, the variety in family experiences is quite necessary and defines the Disney that actually sets its parks apart from the rest, making them more successful than all other on this planet.

MrToad1

Why does everyone need bigger faster roller coaster type rides. Grrrrr! Sure they are fun and all but give me Horizons, World of Motion, Spaceship Earth over them anyday. Unfortunatley I'm in the minority because they already got rid of 2 of those.

tigger_rox00

renovate

I agree. Before Disney decides to build any more parks around the world, they need to fix the ones they have.

Magic Kingdom
While I disagree with putting a roller coaster like Hulk in MK, i would approve of another indoor coaster that tells a story. I agree that Space Mountain should be slightly redone to make it just a tad bit more thrilling, but I personally feel that if they would dim the lights a bit more it would be a better ride. I think they should get rid of the Speedway and put something better there.

Epcot
Keep the WOL pavillion, but ditch Body Wars and do something else. Innoventions definitly needs to be moved into the future. I agree with bringing in some companies to help make this happen. HISTK has to go...nuff said there. Bring back the old Figment ride it was great. SSE is a great ride but it needs an overhaul. Disney needs to keep the idea the same but they need to redo the animatronics and include some more recent events and leaps in technology.

Studios
Redo Star Tours. Get rid of the Indy Stunt Show and put in the ride. Expand on the Muppets area and get us a muppet ride, that could be cool. Redo The Great Movie Ride. Gut it and start from scratch. Getting rid of the backlot tour would more than likely free up more room to expand the park. Get some more rides with the extra room

Animal Kingdom
No changes need to be done to Dinosaur. Everest will be a landmark event for the park. It will determine whether people will go to ride rides or look at animals. AK just needs some more rides. thats about it.

wow...i got on a rant...sorry:hammer:

TTFN

I.M.Fearless

Please, NO ROLLERCOASTER REPLACE SPACESHIP EARTH!!! It just ain't gonna happen! Ever! But I think your ideas for Epcot and Disney Studios make sense. The Magic Kingdom ideas probably won't happen (although the Tomorrowland Speedway should be redone, I'll admit). As for Animal Kingdom.... I finally get to blow steam about Kali River Rapids. It's just too short! I know a drop in a river raft ride is cool, but just compare it to Grizzly River Run in California. Now THAT was awesome.

dolbyman

:veryconfu
Getting rid of the backlot tour would more than likely free up more room to expand the park.

I was pretty sad when I rode the backlot tour ...it became so short .. they should replace it for sure :veryconfu

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Lets go through this piece by piece:

eeaton71 said:
First off Magic Kingdom:

My major suggestion would be to add 1 roller coaster. A big, looping, spin tingling roller coaster. Something along the lines of the Hulk coaster at Universal.

And theme it to what? And put it where? Disney will not stick a big metal coaster in the middle of the MK.

Second, I would revamp space mountain. Maybe make it a tad longer and some more dips.

Doubtful they would do this. They will probably revamp it, but without changes to the track. They would do the same things they did to the DLR Space Mountain.

Lastly, (this one is for all the parents out there) Please add multiple rooms for the character meet and greed in toontown. Especially the princesses. Waiting in a 30 minute line to see Snow White can be mind numbing. Especially with a toddler kicking and screaming. Just add another room with another set of characters so you can double the speed of the line.

There is no way they would do that. It would instantly kill the illusion of there only being one of each character. Not going to happen.

Second MGM:

I understand the issue with this park is that the idea is to give people an education on what it is like to make a movie.

It is? Thats news to me. Disney-MGM Studios are intended to be a working Hollywood production lot. Not a "movie education" park.

The problem is, once you have seen it, your done. How many times can you go and see the animation tour!

A lot. The animation tour was recently updated. Bet you didn't know that.

Anyway, keeping this in mind, Star tours needs a major overhaul. I have never liked this ride:p . I like the concept, but not the ride. This needs major work. Make is more believable, put in some of our beloved star wars characters! Do something please, (it is my understanding that they are actually going to do this – Yay!). I just skip this ride now.

Why don't you like the ride? Yes, the ride system is outdated now, but it was state of the art when it was created. More believable? Its a freakin' sci-fi fantasy ride! Believable? No thanks. I'll take my fantasy Star Wars over some "believable" ride.

Doubtful they will add any of the major characters into the ride itself, simply because there is something called Star Wars "canon". If they were to do that, they would have to fit the character into everything else that is already part of the Star Wars universe. Not easy to do with the original trilogy characters anymore.

Yes, George Lucas said himself they are in talks about an update.

You just skip it now? Then don't complain.

Next, nix the Indiana Jones stunt spectalular, and replace it with the Indiana Jones ride.

Why? The IJSS is still extremely popular, and the Indy ride from California is the exact same track set up as Dinosaur. Bringing it over wouldn't make any sense.

Lastly, bring some kid rides in. I was just there with my 3 year old daughter and there isn’t much to do with them. The one thing Disney needs to keep in mind, is that when the adults are on the adult rides, the kids need somewhere to go. And two shows (mermaid / Toon Disney) and a playground just don’t cut it.

Playhouse Disney
Fantasmic
Animation Tour
Beauty and the Beast
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Those are all for kids, right off the top of my head.

Third EPCOT:

Again, I understand that the issue with this park is to show a vision of the future. But, has EPCOT really done that?

No, Epcot stands for "Above all, EPCOT celebrates human achievement, creativity and innovation offering hope for a better world." Yes, its called "Future World", but that is just the name of the area. It doesn't mean that the park is based on the future.

Am I the only one who hits Fast Track, Mission Space, Soarin, and the EXIT!

Test Track

And yes, I hope so. You are missing most of the park. I hope no one else makes that mistake.

The world showcase is nice, but unless you want to eat or shop, you only need to do it once. I know that this is suppose to show you the different cultures, but would a ride or tw Wo ruin the illusion? I don’t think so.

There are two rides. Mexico and Norway. And many shows.

The Innoventions pavilions need to be updated. Put more into these areas, always update them.

It is being updated. They are working on it currently. But since you skip it, you wouldn't know.

I liked when they had the arcade area and showed you the latest and greatest games and home products. Bring in apple, GM, IBM, Microsoft in and give us a look into the future.

If those companies WANTED to come in, Disney would let them. Those kind of decisions rest on the sponsor, not TWDC.

Stop showing us stuff that we already use and see today.

So, you want games and home products like used to be in Innoventions, but nothing we use today. Make up your mind.

Lastly, Spaceship Earth! ReDo! Make this a roller coaster, or something with a little excitement added to it.

This was looked at for a while. Its not going to happen.

I watched as people waited over 40 minutes to go on this ride and all I could say to myself was "These poor people have no idea what they are waiting for" :brick: It’s the centerpiece to the park, make it a good ride.

Yes, they probably did. It is a classic Disney ride, and it is beloved. It already is a good ride.

I don’t really know what to say about this one. I skipped this park this year.

Then your opinion really doesn't count.

I can’t wait until expedition Everest comes, keep adding more rides. You are defiantly on the right track there.

What is the right track? Building a ride? Or building a coaster? Disney is not a thrill-only resort. If you want that, six flags and universal are happy to oblidge.

Also, revamp the river ride and expand it to like 3 times longer. This is the shortest lamest ride (next to spaceship earth).

Why? The point of the story is made, and you get soaked. No reason to make it longer. No benefit. As far as SSE being lame ... wow. Just wow.

Lastly, Dinosaur:hammer: , ReDo! I don’t like this ride. It is bumpy, and just does not bring me into the illusion. I just feel like a scrambled egg when I’m done. Less bumps and more thrills.

You said in the MK part that you wanted the Indy ride. Dinosaur is the exact same thing. So I guess you really don't know what you want.

I know a lot of you will say but what about the shows and parades? There are fine, I don’t particularly like them, but they do serve a purpose (smaller lines for me to go on rides, while you all watch them).

Yes, but what about your 3 year old? Or you don't care about your child? I'm sure she would enjoy them. Plus, those are attractions, same as rides. They give you more to do, which you are whining and moaning for.

Lets bring some money back into all the parks and make what we have already better. Then we can talk about a 5th park.

They are bringing money back in. Mission: Space, Expedition Everest, etc do not get built without big budgets.

I think you should be glad that I went easy on you.

Lauriebar

eeaton71 said:

revamp
mind numbing.
major overhaul.
I have never liked this ride:p .
skip
nix
replace
you only need to do it once.
I don’t think so.
need to be updated.
ReDo!
I skipped this park this year.
This is the shortest lamest ride
ReDo!
I don’t like this ride.
I don’t particularly like them,

I'm not someone who really likes to pick apart someone elses posts, I understand that everyone can and should have their own opinion. I can only say that I found it odd that you seem to dislike just about every aspect of WDW. You have found fault with just about everything you came in contact with, and what you actually like you don't even know the correct name for(the attraction's name is Test Track, not Fast Track). Are you just trying to start a discussion here or are you truly this unhappy with the parks?

I am not saying that its not okay to expect more from Disney but, why not enjoy what is there now? I for one would not spend the amount of money it takes to visit WDW and be so unsatisfied with what they have to offer.

Again, please don't take this the wrong way. I am not trying to be hateful, I'm just trying to understand your post.

manda0125

I love Disney World and for the most part I never complain about the parks. But there are some areas I have seen that I think need tending to. And maybe that the kick off for the 50th has started, and the new rides (except Everest) are open, they will now start tending to the areas that have been ignored alittle.

EPCOT-
I have two complaints. The first is Innoventions. My fiance and I went this past January and we were so disappointed. With all the new cutting edge technology you would think Innoventions would be busting at the seams with new stuff but it was kind of empty. Second, I wish they would put something in the space where ATT showcased all their new technology when you come off Space Ship Earth. I love the ride, but it's so depressing walking off the ride and into a big dark room.

MGM-
2 complaints. First, The Backlot Tour. I will agree with some of you, it was so short and you didn't see anything. I thought that after they were done building the set for the new stunt show, that they would start building up the ride again, but I haven't seen aything. And second, the animation tour. I know that it isn't a working studio anymore, but I thought it would be alittle more then sitting in a room for 15 minutes listening about how they designed Mushu. (it was cool the first time) I think that they should incorporate the One Man Dream exhibit and tie it all together.

And lastly MK
I would just like to see something done with the old 20k leagues area.

Like I said before I just hope that now that there aren't any big events coming up, that maybe they will get back to some of these areas. But you never know what those Disney people have up their sleeves!!!

peter11435

eeaton71 said:
Just got back from WDW and had a great time, but one thing keep creeping through my mind. They don’t need a 5<SUP>th</SUP> park, they need to renovate and expand the current ones. Let give some ideas on how they could start.

First off Magic Kingdom:

I will admit that I am a sucker for the Magic Kingdom, I don’t have much to say about it. I understand that this is themed more for kids and I’m ok with that. I’m 34 and still like going on Peter Pan (not without a fast pass though). My major suggestion would be to add 1 roller coaster. A big, looping, spin tingling roller coaster. Something along the lines of the Hulk coaster at Universal. Second, I would revamp space mountain. Maybe make it a tad longer and some more dips. Lastly, (this one is for all the parents out there) Please add multiple rooms for the character meet and greed in toontown. Especially the princesses. Waiting in a 30 minute line to see Snow White can be mind numbing. Especially with a toddler kicking and screaming. Just add another room with another set of characters so you can double the speed of the line.

Second MGM:

I understand the issue with this park is that the idea is to give people an education on what it is like to make a movie. The problem is, once you have seen it, your done. How many times can you go and see the animation tour! Anyway, keeping this in mind, Star tours needs a major overhaul. I have never liked this ride:p . I like the concept, but not the ride. This needs major work. Make is more believable, put in some of our beloved star wars characters! Do something please, (it is my understanding that they are actually going to do this – Yay!). I just skip this ride now. Next, nix the Indiana Jones stunt spectalular, and replace it with the Indiana Jones ride. Lastly, bring some kid rides in. I was just there with my 3 year old daughter and there isn’t much to do with them. The one thing Disney needs to keep in mind, is that when the adults are on the adult rides, the kids need somewhere to go. And two shows (mermaid / Toon Disney) and a playground just don’t cut it.

Third EPCOT:

Again, I understand that the issue with this park is to show a vision of the future. But, has EPCOT really done that? Am I the only one who hits Fast Track, Mission Space, Soarin, and the EXIT! The world showcase is nice, but unless you want to eat or shop, you only need to do it once. I know that this is suppose to show you the different cultures, but would a ride or two ruin the illusion? I don’t think so. The Innoventions pavilions need to be updated. Put more into these areas, always update them. I liked when they had the arcade area and showed you the latest and greatest games and home products. Bring in apple, GM, IBM, Microsoft in and give us a look into the future. Stop showing us stuff that we already use and see today. Lastly, Spaceship Earth! ReDo! Make this a roller coaster, or something with a little excitement added to it. I watched as people waited over 40 minutes to go on this ride and all I could say to myself was "These poor people have no idea what they are waiting for" :brick: It’s the centerpiece to the park, make it a good ride.

I don’t really know what to say about this one. I skipped this park this year. I can’t wait until expedition Everest comes, keep adding more rides. You are defiantly on the right track there. Also, revamp the river ride and expand it to like 3 times longer. This is the shortest lamest ride (next to spaceship earth). Lastly, Dinosaur:hammer: , ReDo! I don’t like this ride. It is bumpy, and just does not bring me into the illusion. I just feel like a scrambled egg when I’m done. Less bumps and more thrills.

I know a lot of you will say but what about the shows and parades? There are fine, I don’t particularly like them, but they do serve a purpose (smaller lines for me to go on rides, while you all watch them). Lets bring some money back into all the parks and make what we have already better. Then we can talk about a 5<SUP>th</SUP> park.

I disagree with nearly everything you just said.

PamelaNiebergal

This entire post made me kind of mad but I am not one to go off on angry rants. However one thing you said really bothered me enough to say something about it. You said Spaceship Earth is lame. Have you ever ridden this ride? It is my favorite ride at EPCOT and should never be turned into a roller coaster! Disney is about immersive, intelligent experiences. Not cheap thrills. Oh, and a big metal Hulk style ugly eyesoar coaster right in the Magic Kingdom would be the worst thing that could happen (and never ever would). Disney is not just about rides, it is about atmosphere. That is what sets it apart.

Epcot82Guy

First off, I think alot of your viewpoints are valid and go with the popular viewpoints of some people, but none of them have longevity. Look to your local-type parks. How many of them built an attraction in the mid 1980s that still has the draw today that it did then? I am a HUGE thrill seeker on coasters, and I come from Coaster Country, travelling to SFGAm, CP, PKI, etc. almost yearly. Let me rattle off some "huge, blockbuster rides that had the loops, speed, etc." that are over 10 years old. Magnum XL -200, Raptor, Vortex, Top GUn (at least somehwere near 10), Beast, Iron Dragon, Shockwave, and the list goes on. Of them, I would argue only the Beast and Magnum have the longevity because they had such great designs. Loops, speed, etc. get outdated VERY quickly. They are like computers. As soon as the bigger, faster one comes out, the old one is, well, old. Even Hulk is becoming outdated, and it is just over 5 years old! Disney does shows. The emphasis is not, and should not, be the ride system. Instead, I would argue that their great thrill rides, ToT, RnRC, SPlash, etc. all work because they create a sense of drama, excitement, and fun with the complete package (music, lighting, scenery, etc.). Have them build a huge ride. I am all for it, and I think MK needs an "adult" ride with AE closing, but still make it a thrilling Disney ride.

Anyway, to answer your question, I do think some of your ideas have some merit. As for MGM, I agree that the Backlot tour is not working, period. I think the area should be closed and turned into a walking-area. Still use the concept of how movies are made (which is what it has become since production has all but stopped) and make lots of mini-attractions. I also agree that MGM needs some child-oriented ride attractions. The shows are great for kids, but they need a quick spin sometime. I think Muppetwood, a Pixar Studios area, etc. could all work well to serve this. Where to put it, I'm not sure since MGM is fairly landlocked, but those areas do not need much space.

As for Epcot, I will reserve comment on SSE because I agree that it is a classic and needs an update, not replacement. It IS a good ride. And, it IS TEST TRACK. Sorry. pet peve from working at the Land. I do agree, though, that Innoventions needs help. It is getting an update which is great, but that is not its problem. The problem is that most people don't know where and what it is. Communicore had fairly trite areas, but it was highly visible. Having Innoventions boxed in and dark, and not requiring people to walk thorugh, has killed that area. To reference Walt, there is no weenie for these buildings. Therefore, people don't go in. Therefor,e the Sponsors don't see any point in coming in, so it is a big, downward spiral. Instead, IMHO, both sides need a larger attraction, sponsored by Disney so that another sponsor doesn't prevent showcasing other technology, and have the Innoventions as spills for these. The nice thing about Epcot is that you can build up. You can use form and shape to hide buildings there you can't in other areas because of perspective, the need for "wilderness," etc. The future can be 100 foot tall metal buildings with cool sides. As long as it is integrated around SSE, it can look just fine, giving MUCH more space for attractions if need be.

Again, I think Disney is addressing some issues, but many still remain. However, I think playing the thrill ride game at the expense of classic attractions is asking for trouble in the tune of repeat guests and $$$.

waltdisny

I posted this in a related thread:

Here's my wish list, I have omited projects that are already rumored to be in the works:
Magic Kingdom: $700 Million
1) rehab of COP (Small World Style).
2) replacement attraction for Time Keeper. What about a 3D circle vision?
3) New kid friendly dark ride for Fantasyland. How about a redux of Mr. Toad?:D
4) Rehab of Country Bears. Take the Bears into this century with a rotating show. That is, in addition to the Jamboree show we all love, have the software to do 2 other scripts. These could then play in a rotation, so people would keep coming back for more.
5) Rehab of the Tiki Room. Bring back Tropical Serinade, or else a new show, I don't like UNM and it's my fantasy.:drevil:

Epcot: $400 Million
1) Rehab JII, bring back Dreamfinder.
2) Reopen WOL, give it a fresh new look to attract new people.
3) add a family friendly attraction to Future World East, perhaps a companion to M:S or Test Track.
4) add attraction to World Showcase, make it more than "Beers around the world."

AK: $500 Million
1) Replace that rediculous mess in Dinoland with some decent rides.
2) greenlight Beastly Kingdom with an animatronic spectacular.

MGM: $400 Million
1) Rehab The Great Movie Ride, keep the basics but update/expand it with many newer movies. Wouldn't a lifesize Titanic sinking be cool? this could use the supersize screens from Horizons.
2) Add a Family friendly ride, perhaps Muppet or Cronicles of Narnia based.

Included in each amount is a fund for general upkeep and repair of existing buildings and show. I want every little light twinkling, every sign painted, and so on.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SirGoofy

eeaton71 said:
My major suggestion would be to add 1 roller coaster. A big, looping, spin tingling roller coaster. Something along the lines of the Hulk coaster at Universal.

Second MGM:
Anyway, keeping this in mind, Star tours needs a major overhaul. I have never liked this ride:p . I like the concept, but not the ride. This needs major work. Make is more believable, put in some of our beloved star wars characters! Do something please, (it is my understanding that they are actually going to do this – Yay!).

Third EPCOT:

1)Disney will never put a huge, ugly mass of metal in the middle of one of their parks. It's all about the theming.

2)Ummm, you want Star Tours to be more believable? It's Star Wars! It's one of the greatest fantasy/science-FICTION movies of all time! And about the whole nothing to do for kids thing, there's plenty to do! Muppet Vision(one of the best shows in WDW), VotLM, Playhouse Disney.

3)SSE is not suposed to be thrilling. it is supposed to show the advancement of human communication through the ages, and to show how that it links all races together. That symbolizes Epcot's message perfectly. And just because it's the symbol of the park doesn't mean it has to have a thrill ride. Is the Great Movie Ride thrilling? Does Cinderella's Castle have a ride? Don't knock people for ride one of the classic pieces of Disney Imagineering. WS has plenty of things to do. Maelstrom rocks( :lol: I couldn't help myself), and El Rio del Tiempo is a nice relaxation spot. American Adventure is a great show, and any American will have to agree with me on this(gives me goosebumps every time). I'm not big on the 360 movies, though.

4)Kali may be short, but lame? It's soo exciting. Fire, water, and a nice drop! Besides it does its job, it gets you wet. Dinosaur is to bumby!? Are you serious!? It's supposed to be bumpy! Meteorites are crashing all around you, you are driving at high speeds through the jungle, and an asteroid is about to obliterate almost all life on Earth! What do want it to be? I have ridden it at least 3 times each visit and have not missed 1 AA the entire ride.

MichelleBelle

SirGoofy said:
3)SSE is not suposed to be thrilling. it is supposed to show the advancement of human communication through the ages, and to show how that it links all races together. That symbolizes Epcot's message perfectly.

Absolutely! SSE is like the introduction to Epcot. It's got everything you'll encounter for the rest of your day there. Invention, Communication, Technology, Art, and most of all stresses communication all over the world which ties in nicely with WS. It's not supposed to be a "ride" as such but more of an experience. For me, SSE sets the tone of the entire park and I would never want it changed... the thought of any sort of thrill ride in there makes me crazy :mad:

I agree with what most people have said in response to the original poster. SSE is one of the best attractions in the parks. WDW has been a major part of my childhood, and SSE is one of my absolute favorites, since the first time I experienced it. I do not think that it is necessary to gut the ride, it only needs some TLC, a newer scene at the end (as opposed to the instant messaging and computer game that is shown) and some cleaning and toning on the animatronics.

I do not want WDW to turn into some sort of thrill packed amusement park. WDW is a theme park, and if the theme were traded for cheap thrills, the magic of disney would be lost.

pilka214

ok i agree with most of wut waltdisny said, but there are a few things i would like to comment on.
MK
1.) rehab cop it really does need it, and i think everyone agrees
2.) where would this mr toad redux go
3.) no much room to redo country bears
4.) yes, bring back the old tiki room the new one sucks

EPCOT
1.) bring back dreamfinder, i hate the imagination institute
2.) wol does need a new updeated ride
3.) where would this new ride go between univers of energy, wol, m.s and tt
4.) i personally would like "beers from around the world, a history of beer" lol

AK
1.) i agree with u all the way

MGM
1.) the revamp of the great movie ride may have to occur if disney doenst renew the contract with mgm, and it doesnt look like thats gonna happen
2.) yay muppets, no chronicles of narnia

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom