Forget a 5th park, we need renovations!

Christina

I have never... ever... EVER... in my life read such a PATETHIC thread in my life. You guys are all really dumb and need to stop wasting your precious time. He/she/it whatever was just giving suggestions and you guys like ripped him/her/it (too lazy to go through profiles) apart! If you dont' agree SAY so nicely, don't be so rude and disrespectful! You guys are a sorry bunch of keyboarders and the meanest of the Disney boards I've read... geez.

ANYWAYS, to the original post.
Thanks for your points! Even though I don't agree with what you said (I, for one, LOVEEE SE!) I do agree that MK needs a good, "themed" roller coaster. It doesn't need to be nearly as serious as The Hulk or Dueling Dragons but a nice, scary coaster would be nice for the teens. My older brother doesn't go to MK anymore because he finds it boring, and I understand his point of view.

Kali River Rapids is ridiculously short, I agree. I almost missed the themeing because I was getting so wet and geez wet jeans are not good. I think I wont go on KRR unless I go when its hot or I'm just desperate to fill time because I don't think its worth it. So you're right on with that!

I really think you should look closely at Epcot. It's a beautiful park with much more to offer than just thrills. Like someone said, if you're just looking for thrills go to IOA (which is an awesome park, I'm not bashing that!)

Other than that, I disagree but I welcome your commentary!

*deep breath* Okayy then I'M OUTIE!

-Christina

goofyfan13

eeaton71 said:
Just got back from WDW and had a great time, but one thing keep creeping through my mind. They don’t need a 5<SUP>th</SUP> park, they need to renovate and expand the current ones. Let give some ideas on how they could start.

First off Magic Kingdom:

I will admit that I am a sucker for the Magic Kingdom, I don’t have much to say about it. I understand that this is themed more for kids and I’m ok with that. I’m 34 and still like going on Peter Pan (not without a fast pass though). My major suggestion would be to add 1 roller coaster. A big, looping, spin tingling roller coaster. Something along the lines of the Hulk coaster at Universal. Second, I would revamp space mountain. Maybe make it a tad longer and some more dips. Lastly, (this one is for all the parents out there) Please add multiple rooms for the character meet and greed in toontown. Especially the princesses. Waiting in a 30 minute line to see Snow White can be mind numbing. Especially with a toddler kicking and screaming. Just add another room with another set of characters so you can double the speed of the line.

Second MGM:

I understand the issue with this park is that the idea is to give people an education on what it is like to make a movie. The problem is, once you have seen it, your done. How many times can you go and see the animation tour! Anyway, keeping this in mind, Star tours needs a major overhaul. I have never liked this ride:p . I like the concept, but not the ride. This needs major work. Make is more believable, put in some of our beloved star wars characters! Do something please, (it is my understanding that they are actually going to do this – Yay!). I just skip this ride now. Next, nix the Indiana Jones stunt spectalular, and replace it with the Indiana Jones ride. Lastly, bring some kid rides in. I was just there with my 3 year old daughter and there isn’t much to do with them. The one thing Disney needs to keep in mind, is that when the adults are on the adult rides, the kids need somewhere to go. And two shows (mermaid / Toon Disney) and a playground just don’t cut it.

Third EPCOT:

Again, I understand that the issue with this park is to show a vision of the future. But, has EPCOT really done that? Am I the only one who hits Fast Track, Mission Space, Soarin, and the EXIT! The world showcase is nice, but unless you want to eat or shop, you only need to do it once. I know that this is suppose to show you the different cultures, but would a ride or two ruin the illusion? I don’t think so. The Innoventions pavilions need to be updated. Put more into these areas, always update them. I liked when they had the arcade area and showed you the latest and greatest games and home products. Bring in apple, GM, IBM, Microsoft in and give us a look into the future. Stop showing us stuff that we already use and see today. Lastly, Spaceship Earth! ReDo! Make this a roller coaster, or something with a little excitement added to it. I watched as people waited over 40 minutes to go on this ride and all I could say to myself was "These poor people have no idea what they are waiting for" :brick: It’s the centerpiece to the park, make it a good ride.

Last but not least Animal Kingdom:

I don’t really know what to say about this one. I skipped this park this year. I can’t wait until expedition Everest comes, keep adding more rides. You are defiantly on the right track there. Also, revamp the river ride and expand it to like 3 times longer. This is the shortest lamest ride (next to spaceship earth). Lastly, Dinosaur:hammer: , ReDo! I don’t like this ride. It is bumpy, and just does not bring me into the illusion. I just feel like a scrambled egg when I’m done. Less bumps and more thrills.

I know a lot of you will say but what about the shows and parades? There are fine, I don’t particularly like them, but they do serve a purpose (smaller lines for me to go on rides, while you all watch them). Lets bring some money back into all the parks and make what we have already better. Then we can talk about a 5<SUP>th</SUP> park.

What do you think?:)

Did you honestly just call Test Track Fast Track? Wow...
So many of these ideas have numerous flaws in them. The coaster in MK is not a good idea. MK is the worst park to put in a coaster like the Hulk,(which I agree with others on if you want to ride a coaster like that just go to IOA) and even so, I wouldn't even want a coaster like the Hulk because of it's lack of themeing. A giant mass of twisting metal in the MK is not the way to go. Characters-As Thrawn said, not a good idea. The illusions needs to stay.
About MGM, Thrawn took the words out of my mouth, but I would just like to say, enough with the whole Indiana Jones Adventure replacing the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. The stunt show is still popular, and when has it become neccesary to get rid of old attractions to bring in new ones, there are plenty of empty buildings in MGM that can use a new show. MGM already has enough E-tickets to last a little while longer. Over to Epcot. You say that Mission: Space, TEST Track, and Soarin' are the only rides in the park. Have you ever taken the time to go through this park? There is so much to do, that's why it's my favorite. Spaceship Earth, lame? Wow, that comment doesn't even deserve a response. Thats about all I'm going into on that cause I don't want to repeat what other people have already said. Lastly, Animal Kingdom. Kali is a fun ride, but I agree it's not a great ride to do unless it's hot and your properly dressed because of how soaked you get. As to making it longer, it gets the job done with what it's purpose is, and has a decent theme, so I'm really not going to complain. Lastly Dinosaur, sorry you didn't like it, but it's supposed to be bumpy, it's not like there were paved roads back in the Cretacious(sp?) period, I mean come on.... :brick: All in all I think Dinosaur is an excellent attraction, although I liked CTX better.

End of rant.. :lol:

waltdisny

pilka214 said:
2.) where would this mr toad redux go
3.) no much room to redo country bears
2) Toady could take over some of the former 20K site. There is plenty of room. I've often thought Toad would have been great as an out-door ride, along the lines of the Autopia only without the lawn-mower engines.

3) You misunderstand, Grizzly Hall would remain untouched, the bears themselves would do different shows in their present location simply by virtue of the computer's playing back different software files.

pilka214 said:
EPCOT
1.) bring back dreamfinder, i hate the imagination institute
3.) where would this new ride go between univers of energy, wol, m.s and tt
1) My point exactly.
3) I think it should be connected to the present pavillions in some way. For example, if it was an M:S tie-in there might be a seperate queue entrance in what is now the Post-Show area. I think a Mars Rover simulation with a minature version of the Indy ride vehicle might do very well. The ride space could go behind the M:S building, or just to the south.

eeaton71

Original Poster
Hey,

My point was there is a lot of room to grow and improve on the current parks. Yes, I would like to see more thrill rides for adults. Yes, I think MGM doesn't have enough RIDES (not shows) for kids. Yes, Star Tours is not believable. (I mean is I feel like I'm on a cheap arcade game and not on a ride. When you are on Soaring, you feel like you are flying over California. It is more believable) As far as all the people who are mad at me for Space Ship Earth, I'm sorry. I don't like the ride. You do. And yes I know it's Test Track, it's called a mistake. Get over it. These are just my opinions. I don't hate Disney or the parks. Also, for every ride I could mention improvements for, there will be people who will be mad because I am making fun of their favorite ride. Lastly, for all of you who got all upset that I wanted a roller coaster at Magic Kingdom because it would be ugly or I did not provide a theme for it. Get over it! I wasn't asking for the Hulk ride to come over to Disney, just that type of coaster (and just to please you, make it an indoor coaster, theming: Disney Villains, Location: oh I don’t know, how about the big empty space where 20,000 leagues under the sea was / FYI a ride they should have never closed). I have no problem with people who disagree with me. I enjoyed reading most of the post that were provided. I just felt like there is room for improvement and had some suggestions. Instead of tearing me down, maybe you could spend some time thinking about how you would improve the park. Then we can see how much better your ideas are. Maybe you just want it to stay the same forever and never make any more changes!?!? Or, maybe you just know how to tear down other people’s ideas and have no real ideas of your own.:rolleyes:

JBSLJames

I have only one problem with WDW,

I do not have enough money to go for at least a 10 day visit. My 5 day trip was not enought time to do everything we wanted - you see, we loved everybit of our visit and the only thing we would have changed was that we were not able to do everything we wanted. Coming from a season pass holder at PKI, I did not go to Disney wanting "Thrills", I went to Disney wanting Disney.

okay, maybe my problem is not with WDW but with my bank account. . .

LoisMustDie

eeaton71 said:
As far as all the people who are mad at me for Space Ship Earth, I'm sorry. I don't like the ride. You do.

And that's exactly the point. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either. And judging by the attendance counts (85% of the gate...the MOST popular attraction at Epcot), the majority disagree with you. (Also notice how I used REAL facts to support my argument!)

eeaton71 said:
And yes I know it's Test Track, it's called a mistake. Get over it.
This excuses anything? Yes, it's a mistake. One that seriously harmed your credibility.

eeton71 said:
These are just my opinions. I don't hate Disney or the parks.
Well you sure fooled us...you didn't have one positive thing to say about them.

eeton71 said:
Also, for every ride I could mention improvements for, there will be people who will be mad because I am making fun of their favorite ride.
Calling Spaceship Earth "lame" is not mentioning improvements. It is making fun of the ride.

eeton71 said:
Lastly, for all of you who got all upset that I wanted a roller coaster at Magic Kingdom because it would be ugly or I did not provide a theme for it. Get over it! I wasn't asking for the Hulk ride to come over to Disney, just that type of coaster
Yes, and that TYPE of coaster is unthemed, ugly, and has a limited demograph. That was our argument in its entirety, and all you've done was reinforce it.

And a thousand pardons for not becoming psychic and reading your mind so we know that what you posted was NOT what you were actually thinking.

eeton71 said:
how about the big empty space where 20,000 leagues under the sea was / FYI a ride they should have never closed).
Once again, you're trying to pass off an opinion as fact. Who was going to pay the maintenance bills? You? FYI: Disney closed the ride for a reason, and (despite what you may think) it was not to screw you over.

eeton71 said:
I have no problem with people who disagree with me.
Judging from what you've just posted, yes you do. A big problem. You're entire post is just one big problem with people who disagree with you. Are you really not seeing this?

eeton71 said:
Instead of tearing me down, maybe you could spend some time thinking about how you would improve the park.
We have. There are THOUSANDS OF THREADS on this forum alone dedicated to improving the parks. Perhaps you've simply overlooked them? They're only posted every day. In fact, this thread alone has dozens of ideas for improvements.

eeton71 said:
Maybe you just want it to stay the same forever and never make any more changes!?!?
An old, tired, and desperate argument, usually pointed at people who know what they're talking about. The problem is that we've gone over these issues millions of times, we know what should be changed and what shouldn't by now.

eeton71 said:
Or, maybe you just know how to tear down other people’s ideas and have no real ideas of your own.:rolleyes:
Have you even read the rest of this thread?

ballewclan

You know...i feel kinda sad that your this dissatisfyed with Disney. :eek:

I mean i cant imagine all the things you said happening to the parks...i would cry...o yea and in regards to your thread i think Thrawn pretty much said everything i was thinking...

Good job Thrawn! U read my mind!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom