Forbidden Mtn ride & queue

Bryy2001

Original Poster
I agree with you, WDW is going to be on a huge dry spell if they don't announce some huge new plans for post Mission Space, but I have a feeling that Disney is about to come out of the woodwork after a long hibernation, and 2004 through 2007 should bring about some of the most ambitious projects to come out of Disney in a long time. What I have a problem with is people treating USF as a great park, there is literally nothing to do there right now, just because they are getting a "supposedly" wicked coaster in the next few years still doesn't change it from being a wasteland of old and outdated rides and attractions.

pheneix

>>>I guarantee you that Disney's Mission: Space will win Attraction of the Year fior 2003, Spiderman, while an amazing attraction no doubt, will be one-uped by MS<<<

Mission Space will be the most expensive simulator ride ever built, that is for certain. It will probably also take home the trophy for being the most technologically advanced, but since Test Track holds that distinction, it is not that big of a deal for Universal. However, as a fully immersive ride experience that challenges all of the senses if a believable and imaginative ride experience, Spiderman is perfectly safe until Universal tops it with their own ride.

>>>Early speculation had The Mummy coaster as an extensively themed, highly intense indoor roller coaster, but since then, you would be amazed to find out how much they are scaling back that attraction interms of theming and special effects<<<

According to who? The Mummy is not even a roller coaster in the sense that rides like RnRC and The Hulk are, so you have me VERY skeptical about your information at this point.

The only major indoor ride that is "just a coaster" that Universal is building is ET's replacement at Universal Studios Hollywood, and even the people on that team have made it their goal to blow Rockin Roller Coaster away in terms of immersion and theming (just for the record, that does not mean that they are using the same brand of theme, that just means that their goal is to make a ride that is better at communicating the experience to the guests than RnRC).

Bryy2001

Original Poster
Pheneix
Alright Im stopping this, first off I don't want to argue with you because you make several VERY valid points and I enjoy reading your posts other places. Here is my main point, Mission Space will be Disney's answer back to IOA's Spiderman, I believe that it will blow people away when they ride it, I believe that it will top IOA's Spiderman, it will be the attraction that everyone is talking about for a while anyway. To ignore the impact Mission Space will have is just plain foolish...just my opinions. And just food for thought, everyone seems to be hung up on the idea that The Mummy will top Rock N Roller Coaster, let me ask you this. If Disney wanted to, don't you think they would have themed and designed the coaster much more than they did, it looks the way it does and runs the way it does because it is supposed to mimic a HIGHWAY at NIGHT and you are traveling far too fast to ecperience lavish theming and sets anyway.....If Disney had wanted to create something totally immersive and themed they would have, they didn't because they didn't have to.

pheneix

>>>If Disney had wanted to create something totally immersive and themed they would have, they didn't because they didn't have to.<<<

No, they didn't because Burbank refused to put the effort into it to make it work.

Of course, it is hard to blame the Imagineers for the ride's shortcomings since they did the best with the money they had. Given the choice, I myself would probably sacrifice the ride to put more emphasis on the queue and pre-show.

But the sad fact is that it didn't have to be this way, but it did because the company as a whole refuses to put forth the cash and effort to make anything happen anymore. That's one reason why Forbidden Mountain has been getting the nickname "Matterforn On a Budget" in the halls at Burbank and Glendale, because if ground is ever broken on this ride NO ONE expects it to turn out anything like what has been proposed.

Bryy2001

Original Poster
You may want to have a chat with Lee the Forbidden Mountain autority on these boards, according to him Forbidden Mountain is far from being "on a budget" or "scaled back" in fact I believe the last figures that he told us were over $100 million, I don't beleive that Forbidden Mountain is being scaled back, where's Lee when you need him...:(

Main Street USA

Originally posted by pheneix
However, as a fully immersive ride experience that challenges all of the senses if a believable and imaginative ride experience, Spiderman is perfectly safe until Universal tops it with their own ride.

I, too, find most of your posts insightful, but this may be the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while.

Since you've experienced Mission: Space first hand, maybe you can share some insider info.

What? You haven't been on Mission: Space? Oh. Then I guess that quote really doesn't make any sense. Sorry.

Rider

Originally posted by Testtrack321
I'm not blind nor do I not give credit, but a movie in the que shouldn't be the main form of a stoy in a ride.

Tower of Terror anyone?

RNRC?

Indy at Disneyland?

They all set up the story during the line. Some add more to the story during the ride (Indy) others dont (RNRC).

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Rider
Tower of Terror anyone?

RNRC?

Indy at Disneyland?

They all set up the story during the line. Some add more to the story during the ride (Indy) others dont (RNRC).

Tower uses its themeing and those people screaming to convey the story line.

Indy uses it, I give it that, but unlike DD, it's not at the beginning of the ride. Still, I agree.

RNRC uses a preshow to tell the story, along with ToT. DD dosn't use this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom