Forbidden Journey Questions

T-1MILLION

I need help! We are going to be visiting US and IOA for 1 day in January. I keep reading stuff about the Forbidden Journey having "size" issues with the seats. My husband is 6ft. 280lbs, will he be able to ride? I know they changed the seats at some point and I know they offer trial seats but if he still isn't going to be able to ride then I would like to let him know before we get there. Can anyone explain the changes they made and whether "large" people are able to go on the ride??? :shrug:

Going back to the original post and author of the post...I am interested to know fi you had a good time, and what did you think?

Hope everything worked out well for you and your family.

DWLove

I have a few questions about the ride. I know I will be fine with it but just asking these to see if other members in my party will be.

1) When you go on your back how long is it for?
2) Do the seats 'swing' at all?
3) Since your feet hang is there somewhere you can put flip flops or do you have to sit on them?
4) Does is make you feel sick at all (rider doesn't usually feel sick after rides...loves Rock N' Roller Coaster cause she can't see the inversions but I heard this ride can be intense)

JT3000

I'm not sure what you mean by swinging, but the ride does all sorts of crazy things. Picture a row of (4) seats attached (at the back) to a large mechanical arm that pivots. FJ does just about everything you could imagine it doing except invert. It momentarily puts you on your back several times, only for a few seconds. The ride's movements are smooth, not jerky, but definitely severe enough to potentially cause motion sickness. Its effect is better compared to a simulator than a coaster.

There's a compartment in the back of the seat for small items, but your flip flops may not fit. I'm not sure what they'd do with them.

T-1MILLION

You are only truly on your back once and that is for the whomping willow scene. It does not even last for three seconds. It is just a need thing to be looking up at the ceiling of the ride where the whomping willow is standing before you seemingly ready to swat.

If you can handle RocknRollercoaster you will be fine on this one. The only kind of sickness I would warn people of if they are prone to motion sickness with simulators since there is a lot of simulation to it.

T-1MILLION

my wife and I both wear glasses. will we need to take them off for FJ?

I have worn two different pairs in the times I have ridden the ride and have not lost either of them. The ones were not that well fitted either. If you can look towards the ground and lightly shake your head as in "no" without them falling off you should have no worries. You never fully face the ground but I suggest doing that just for a fitted test if you will.

britlightyear

Original Poster
Going back to the original post and author of the post...I am interested to know fi you had a good time, and what did you think?

Hope everything worked out well for you and your family.

Everything was amazing! Thanks for asking! :wave:
Did not have any problems fitting on the ride, in fact we rode it twice and it was pretty much walk-on both times. Forbidden Journey was simply amazing! Probably one of the coolest rides I have ever been on.

The entire Hogsmeade area was just beautiful and totally lived up to all our expectations. My little sister is now determined to make Butterbeer at home cuz she loved it so much! We just did one day at UNI/IOA this trip but we have decided that next year we will do 2 days so we aren't so rushed to run from ride to ride.

Yes, the stores are a little small but we got there at park open and in January it wasn't too busy. Overall an excellent experience and I am very happy we decided to give Universal a try!

*And also, I will just say that we were completely stunned by the Spiderman ride! The most amazing 3D ride ever!

T-1MILLION

Everything was amazing! Thanks for asking! :wave:
Did not have any problems fitting on the ride, in fact we rode it twice and it was pretty much walk-on both times. Forbidden Journey was simply amazing! Probably one of the coolest rides I have ever been on.

The entire Hogsmeade area was just beautiful and totally lived up to all our expectations. My little sister is now determined to make Butterbeer at home cuz she loved it so much! We just did one day at UNI/IOA this trip but we have decided that next year we will do 2 days so we aren't so rushed to run from ride to ride.

Yes, the stores are a little small but we got there at park open and in January it wasn't too busy. Overall an excellent experience and I am very happy we decided to give Universal a try!

*And also, I will just say that we were completely stunned by the Spiderman ride! The most amazing 3D ride ever!

This is great! I always love it when people are able to have great experiences trying new things. Glad it seemed to go without any hitches. Very glad to see you post again.

CynBeth

We are ride wimps. We don't go on roller coasters or anything that has a hill or dip but we are fine on motion simulators. We enjoy Dinosaur at AK in Disney. Based on that would we enjoy this ride or should we avoid it?

Captain Hank

We are ride wimps. We don't go on roller coasters or anything that has a hill or dip but we are fine on motion simulators. We enjoy Dinosaur at AK in Disney. Based on that would we enjoy this ride or should we avoid it?
The motion on Forbidden Journey is much smoother than Dinosaur. It has a much larger range of motion, but if you can handle Dinosaur, you shouldn't have any problems.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Are there any hills? Also I am confused if this is a motion simulator or if it's a ride through the castle. Thanks!

Since it's new technology, you're justified in being confused.

The ride is four seats bench-style at the end of a Kuka arm that follows a track through a combination of screens and sections with animatronics. You are "flying" through and around Hogwarts.

britlightyear

Original Poster
are therre any parts where they flip you upside down or anything? or any big sudden drops or lifts that are bad

You are never upside down but at times you face straight down at the floor (I think that only happens once) and then another time you are laying flat on your back. It's not a very fast ride so there aren't any sudden drops or lifts...its all very smooth and the transitions are pretty gradual. Nothing sudden on the ride itself other than things popping out at you (dementors, dragon etc...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom