Forbidden Journey Closed On 6/12/16

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Forbidden Journey was closed last night, 6/12/16. Does anyone know whether this closure was related to the confirmed passing of UOR Team Member Luis Vielma, one of the innocent victims of yesterday's Orlando attack?

JKR recently tweeted his photo; proudly wearing his Hogwarts uniform.

I wasn't sure where to ask this, and thought that someone here might know. The closure could have just been an unrelated issue and coincidence, but if it was related to loss of a member of their Hogwarts family, that's completely understandable and appropriate.

Working at a theme park isn't like any other job. Co-workers become a second family.

Jrn14

I saw that on Facebook but I didn't believe it ... That is mighty brave of UNI to close the ride for that reason if that is why it was closed.

JT3000

The tribute to fallen team member Luis Vielma:

Ck4oStMWgAA9YD2.jpg

Ck4oStAWkAA0rTr.jpg

Ck4oSt3WUAAmSR4.jpg

MereMickey

:( This really makes my heart weep. Think it was wonderful on Universal to do this for their CMs. I am thinking JK Rowling most likely made a phone call as well to confer with the general management to make sure the CMs were taken care of in this sad situation while also remembering Luis. The wand memorial is just beautiful. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and when you see the fandom come together to honor a fellow fan and CM, that goes beyond just loving a book/movie/theme park series. I am glad those working the ride got a day to just breath and gather their thoughts. There was no way they would have been able to give the guests a good time and pay attention while dealing with this terrible loss. I have worked for WDW in the past and usually you work in the same location unless they need you elsewhere. For better or worse, your fellow CMs in that area become your family. This must have been heartbreaking for this group to lose Luis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom